It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Origin of the Species: Rise of the Reptilian Alien Mythos and Its Unlikely Source

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

EA*RTH... and the interesting sensory associated projected concepts that help the imaginative and or Metaphysical manifesting. @ times 1 wonders is there any truth associated amongst the non truth shared?

Further back

Nahash

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 12/30/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

JadeStar

Tucket
reply to post by JadeStar

"I also hope in the interest of Denying Ignorance this finally puts the Reptilian Alien myth to rest"

The reptilian myth spans thousands of years and you're putting it to bed in a single thread??

Yes because this particular myth does not span thousands of years. Those petroglyphs are not representative of "reptilian aliens". That's typical "Ancient Alien" reinterpretation of ambiguous religious symbols etc to have it fit a certain fairly modern narrative. In this case alien reptilians.

Excuse me but you are wrong. If you knew anything about the Anasazi, Hopi and Zuni myths and legends, you would know that even they themselves say what they are. This is not an interpretation. These myths and legends come directly from the descendants of these tribes themselves. Unless of course you are saying you know better than these Native Americans did, and you believe they are just crazy.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Help me out here, ATS! The Reptilian Alien Enigma has always facinated me. I wish it was real, but, let's face it...the likelyhood of that is miniscule. Let me share an incident with you, and some info, and i'd like hear what everyone has to say:

First, the encounter. We (my family) knew of a contactee, he went by the name of "Ron." During the time with this individual, two of my family members were introducted to a Gray male, and female. (it was never said which type of grays they were.) My brother could describe them in perfect detail. However, my oldest brother had the best experience. When speaking with this contactee, the subject was brought up about reptilian aliens (that we all know of). Ron told my brother that there was in fact a reptillian female in the room with them. Curious, my brother wanted to see some sort of proof that this was in fact true. He said, hold out your hand, she wants to give you something. My brother did so, and felt something exceptionally heavy fall into the palm of his hand. When asked what it was, my brother could tell it was a ring.

Now, mythos and legend and lore apart, the reptilian line goes back farther than just mainstream media and the hype in the 80s. You can certainly make references to Native American belief, to native cultures around the world, some refrence the bible as being a source, and so on. It goes back quite far. Now, dont get me wrong, i'm not FIGHTING for this to be true, but there is some more backbone than has been mentioned.

How much do you all buy into Alex Collier? Not saying i do, but the man spread that sh*t all over like it was pertanent butter. Many contactee's have claimed reptilian leaders behind the grays, and more than just a few dozen have reported them as being real, subterranian or otherwise.

There's so many links that are attempted to be made to the menacing lizard, such as the pineal gland, our own class structure and heicarchy, to the alien deals made years ago, to the pissed of reptoids that claim they own the galaxy and hate us...the fabrication and manipulation of our own dna...you name it, they've always been present.

What is the hard part, if that if we dismiss so much about the reptilians, it seems we have to dismiss so much about the gray's as well.

Just because we can't see them, doesnt mean they dont exist. Lack of evidence is not evidence, and would we ever know the truth when it comes down to it? evolved with the planet before us, HIGHLY unlikely. Another species from somewhere else in the known / vastness of space? HIGHLY possible. But who knows. When all we have to go one is the testimony of every day people like us, and then the suposed contactee's that were chosen to spread the message...cant trust them, and cant trust the government. In either case, there are far more credible people out there saying they exist.

Any of you ever see the woman that claims the reptilians that are here can be heard when speaking backwards? And how they all pretend to be ghosts to mess with people, and tend to rape everything they can get their hands on?
HAH. Now that's a crock o' sh*t.

I think our existence, and existence in general is crazy, but not that crazy.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I am sorry, but your theory is flat out wrong. Hopi Indians as well as the Chinese have many stories of shape shifting reptilians that predate your scientist from 1980 and 1940's Hollywood.

Not saying that reptilians exist, so keep the ridicule, but your theory is so off the mark that it's funny. It took me one minute to find, cut and paste these links.

www.dragonorama.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

intelligenthoodlum33

I am sorry, but your theory is flat out wrong. Hopi Indians as well as the Chinese have many stories of shape shifting reptilians that predate your scientist from 1980 and 1940's Hollywood.

You will be hard pressed to find a bunch of UFO stories involving reptilian humanoids prior to 1980. Go do a search through the literature as I have.

The vast majority of reptilian "encounters' happen from the 80s and beyond. Active imagination pumped up by pop culture is probably a good reason why.

Not saying that reptilians exist, so keep the ridicule, but your theory is so off the mark that it's funny. It took me one minute to find, cut and paste these links.

And yet, there is more evidence for my theory than for Reptilian humanoids walking the Earth....

www.dragonorama.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

There are also myths about lions in some cultures. Does that mean The Lion King is real as well?

Can you understand that myths and legends don't qualify as evidence for the claims of David Icke and the like?

edit on 30-12-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
It would seem you have tipped your hand...

the claims of David Icke and the like?

Icke is not the first on the scene to pose this supposition,... he IS the first to have some real BALLS and get some global attention to the subject...

I knew this would reduce down to a David Icke Bashing...

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

It's your thread and your weak theory, so you will defend it with tooth and nail regardless of the facts.

I showed you that people believed in shape shifting reptilians long before this century, but you refuse to accept it...refuse to accept fact...just because you started a thread. Wow!

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

intelligenthoodlum33

It's your thread and your weak theory, so you will defend it with tooth and nail regardless of the facts.

It doesn't matter who posted this thread. I'd have the same position. As for facts backing up the Reptilian Humanoids on Earth stories. I'm still waiting....

I showed you that people believed in shape shifting reptilians long before this century, but you refuse to accept it...refuse to accept fact...just because you started a thread. Wow!

I can show you any number of people who believe in animal spirits with mystical powers around the world. The difference is I don't present their beliefs as evidence for there being extraterrestrials on Earth in the form of lions, tigers, bears or dragons.

Why do you have a need to believe in this particular myth?

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

coastlinekid
It would seem you have tipped your hand...

the claims of David Icke and the like?

Icke is not the first on the scene to pose this supposition,... he IS the first to have some real BALLS and get some global attention to the subject...

Can you point to another person who popularized the "shape shifting reptilian alien" prior to Icke?

I knew this would reduce down to a David Icke Bashing...

I'm not bashing him. He is entitled to believe whatever he wants. But that doesn't make it real.

Nor does that mean the rational world should accept his belief as being anything more than a something from a guy who got caught up in New Age mythology at a time when the whole Reptilian Humanoid thing was blossoming in pop culture.

No one had done more to cement this idea of evil Reptilian Humanoids in the less rational parts of UFOlogy than him.

It's like Billy Meir and his "Pleiadians", which also sprung to life, full tilt in the 1980s.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
"Can you understand that myths and legends don't qualify as evidence for the claims of David Icke and the like?"

Why the Icke affair?

There are several other examples of circumstancial evidence regarding Reptilians. Is it definative proof, no. But its much more believable than what you put forth.
edit on 30-12-2013 by Tucket because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Here is the link again. Fact...people believed in shape shifting reptilians before this century. This disproves your theory. Bringing in Icke and putting words in my mouth will not change this fact.

Everyone makes mistakes. Not a big deal, sheesh!

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Kukulkan

Kukulkan (/kuːkuːlˈkän/) ("Plumed Serpent", "Feathered Serpent") is the name of a Maya snake deity that also serves to designate historical persons. The depiction of the feathered serpent deity is present in other cultures of Mesoamerica. Kukulkan is closely related to the god Q'uq'umatz of the K'iche' Maya and to Quetzalcoatl of the Aztecs.[1] Little is known of the mythology of this pre-Columbian deity.[2]

Stories are still told about Kukulkan among the modern Yucatec Maya.[15] In one tale, Kukulkan is a boy who was born as a snake. As he grew older it became obvious that he was the plumed serpent and his sister cared for him in a cave. He grew to such a size that his sister was unable to continue feeding him, so he flew out of his cave and into the sea, causing an earthquake. To let his sister know that he is still alive, Kukulkan causes earth tremors every year in July.[7]

A modern collection of folklore from Yucatán tells how Kukulkan was a winged snake that flew to the sun and tried to speak to it but the sun, in its pride, burnt his tongue. The same source relates how Kukulkan always travels ahead of the Yucatec Maya rain god Chaac, helping to predict the rains as his tail moves the winds and sweeps the earth clean.[16]

Among the Lacandon Maya of Chiapas, Kukulkan is an evil, monstrous snake that is the pet of the sun god.[7]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I'm shocked this thread hasn't been flagged more. It was educational for me and I enjoyed the respectful way you put the information out there. S&F

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

solongandgoodnight
I'm shocked this thread hasn't been flagged more. It was educational for me and I enjoyed the respectful way you put the information out there. S&F

Hilarious.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Why do people have a problem with reptilians? We are, after all, 'monkey men'.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

the rational world should accept his belief as being anything more than a something from a guy who got caught up in New Age mythology at a time when the whole Reptilian Humanoid thing was blossoming in pop culture.

Are you representing the entire "rational world" with that statement?

The reptilian concept has been around WAY before Icke...

You sound like someone in the 70's saying "flying saucers are made up from 1950's science fiction movies..."

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

solongandgoodnight

Thanks. That was my full intent. It is telling that the only thing Reptilian proponents have put forth are items from various culture's religious mythologies in support of the opposing view.

As a start towards some sort of logical rebuttal, I was hoping one of them could point me to a a pre-80s cluster of "Reptilian" UFO case reports. And I don't mean encounters which allegedly happened before the 1980s but weren't reported until the 80s or beyond.

I was hoping for "Aha Jade! You're WRONG! There were a bunch of Reptilian UFO cases back in 19XX". I've read a ton of UFO literature. Perhaps even more than some believers here but I am sure I've missed some things and was hoping someone would point me to a cluster of pre-80s, pre-Icke, cases.

Instead I got examples from various cultural religious myths. It's as though Ancient Aliens has blinded people as to what supportive evidence is.

It doesn't typically take the form of myth.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

taoistguy
Why do people have a problem with reptilians? We are, after all, 'monkey men'.

Because us being "monkey men" is based on plenty of empirical evidence. You know, fossilized bones, DNA, that kind of stuff.

I'd love some Reptilian Humanoid fossilized bones or DNA. Alas, there are none.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

coastlinekid

the rational world should accept his belief as being anything more than a something from a guy who got caught up in New Age mythology at a time when the whole Reptilian Humanoid thing was blossoming in pop culture.

Are you representing the entire "rational world" with that statement?

The reptilian concept has been around WAY before Icke...

As i've said at least 5 other times in this thread, while reptilians as a concept has been around, the SPIKE IN REPORTS OF REPTILIANS as part of the UFO Phenomena is a distinctly RECENT phenomena which seems to have a common point of origin in the 1980s as evidenced by the widely used image from Omni magazine on many UFO sites.

You are welcome to cite a cluster of pre-80s reports of such entities associated WITH UFOS.

You sound like someone in the 70's saying "flying saucers are made up from 1950's science fiction movies..."

While the two may sound similar they are in no way similar.

The example you cited attempts to explain a whole phenomena with one simple explanation. That has a lot of problems and I'd never attempt such.

My original post attempts to trace back the point of origin of a VERY SPECIFIC aspect of modern UFOlogy which it seems simply did not exist prior to a certain year and a certain proponent.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

SPIKE IN REPORTS OF REPTILIANS as part of the UFO Phenomena is a distinctly RECENT phenomena

What "spike" are you referring to?

I think I see where you are going with this, but I think you are actually identifying the point in time when modern media started to "overtly" inject the reptilian theory as a form of "predictive programming" over a long period of time...
David Icke may have "forced their hand" so to speak by studying the issue and having a media "voice" to promote it...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join