It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Origin of the Species: Rise of the Reptilian Alien Mythos and Its Unlikely Source

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Awesome thread, and nice job on the video! The first time I learned about the 'Icke-Reptilian' theory from a class-mate, i laughed in his face and asked, 'are you kidding? you really believe this?' I was also surprised to learn that some people just don't understand that constellations and asterisms are not locally partitioned phenomena in the night sky; in other words, that they aren't composed of stars that are relatively close to one-another, but may look so. In an Astronomy class I was taking at undergraduate college, the professor had to reiterate this again and again - I thought it was common knowledge - seems a lot of people missed that day of class in 3rd grade.

For instance, there was a very strange meteor shower sometime in 2006 or 2007 - it lit up the entire sky and was quite terrifying at 5am. The waitress at the local diner said that she'd heard, 'that the constellation of Orion broke apart.' I looked puzzed (wondering how much meth-amphetamine she'd been doing over the last week) and explained to her that stars in various constellations were vast distances from one-another, and didn't exist bunched-up together as if on a flat plane. She couldn't understand my explanation - basically that constellations don't 'break apart' - because they aren't conjoined in the first place. I tossed some salt in the air at the table and tried to illustrate that, from a multitude of vantage points, and if the observer assumed that the specks of salt existed on a 2-dimensional surface, (rather than 3d) then various and unique arrangements of 'connect the dots' could be made, even if someone were to be very small and inside the little salt-cloud, were it suspended in space. Omg bless her heart. Anyhow . . .

xox,
kissy

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Actually the idea for Chewbacca was taken from the sasquatch, with its mythical histories centering around their roles as protectors.

This thread can't help but remind me of all the times I've heard "the reptilian brain" referred to in the msm this past month.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   

OccamsRazor04

Brotherman

OccamsRazor04

AthlonSavage
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

You got me thinking ... lots of sick people in hospitals. Hospitals must be making them sick!

and I didn't think you had an ounce of lateral thought processes in you, you proved me wrong

I aim to please my friend.

Hell I'm lucky if I aim for the ground and hit it

Sounds like most of my patients, but then again they are 70's and 80's, what's your excuse

All them cars, trees, and snow banks getting in the way usually, sometimes my shoe

edit on 30-12-2013 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

Actually the idea for Chewbacca was taken from the sasquatch, with its mythical histories centering around their roles as protectors.

George Lucas says that only so he doesn't get sued for ripping off someones elses ideas. Look at the creature in the show linked he definitely stole it. Lucas and Spielberg rip all their ideas off, raiders off lost ark was a rip off of City of the lost incas. This is digressing from topic, but id like to write a thread showing all the stuff those two guys have plagerised. Im sure the latest Indianna movie with the Aliens is ripped off from something as well.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by roncoallstar

We have similar petroglyphs all over Idaho. I have always been curious as to why they are so wide spread.
Shape-shifting aliens is just too big of a stretch for my imagination, tho.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by JadeStar

"I also hope in the interest of Denying Ignorance this finally puts the Reptilian Alien myth to rest"

The reptilian myth spans thousands of years and you're putting it to bed in a single thread??

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
When I first heard of the idea of reptilians I couldn't push myself to believe it then I thought to myself if I can believe in aliens such as the greys then why would the idea of a reptile-human sound so crazy? Now I don't think I'm anywhere near a fan of the theory of evolution(Darwins) but someone mentioned something to me that I never thought of. Let's just say Darwins theory is real and that humans evolved from apes on earth, Then who's not to say that this same process didn't occur on another planet where rather evolving from apes the primitive people, humanoids Etc didn't evolve from a reptile? If their more advanced then us that either means the evolution process happened sooner or more quickly. The topic of David icke is a good one and I'm still young so my research is fairly limited but I've done enough of it. A lot of the things he states seems to fall into play and they might not be real but somehow it all falls together. David has really got my mind on a roller coaster wondering what could really be real but to me so much of it makes sense because so many people are so blind and their either scared of the truth or their so closed minded to comprehend it. I actually just started reading the book "infinite love is the only truth, everything else is illusion" Last night and I really enjoy it so far. It basically States that we are all running robots to the "system" and we all do what we're told rather then what we want. Even if you think his knowledge sounds completely crazy just give it a shot because it could all be real and the hidden truth but just answer me this, how would you actually define real?

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
For those that have not seen this before , here is a mind blowing Aztec statue.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
My favorite Reptilian....

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

I always considered the Creature from the black lagoon as amphibian...he has gills..

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Someone mentioned a 1950s Venture Magazine? I remember in the late 60s reading one of those "Astounding Stories" style magazines where the story runs something along the lines of. A guy runs into a police station in some small town in the USA and tells the desk sergeant a tale of how he has witnessed a UFO landing and aliens that are bipedal lizards seeming to study the local environment. They then shape change into humans before dispersing and discussing in English how they are infiltrating human society ready to take it over. The guy ends up being committed to an asylum and the last panel shows him, in his true reptilian form, talking into some kind of transmitting device telling his own kind. "The world is ripe for the taking, as they won't even believe we are here until it's too late".....

The first time I heard Icke's theories I immediately cast my mind back to that old story and chuckled how it was now being pedalled as a "truth".

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Tucket

"I also hope in the interest of Denying Ignorance this finally puts the Reptilian Alien myth to rest"

The reptilian myth spans thousands of years and you're putting it to bed in a single thread??

Yes because this particular myth does not span thousands of years. Those petroglyphs are not representative of "reptilian aliens". That's typical "Ancient Alien" reinterpretation of ambiguous religious symbols etc to have it fit a certain fairly modern narrative. In this case alien reptilians.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

JadeStar

Tucket

Those petroglyphs are not representative of "reptilian aliens".

You dont know that. Your re just shrugging off the stories, artifacts etc as unrelated to serve the relevance of your thread.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Tucket

JadeStar

Tucket

You dont know that. Your re just shrugging off the stories, artifacts etc as unrelated to serve the relevance of your thread.

Not at all. I recognize them for what they are. Stories. Fictions. Myths. And modern day shoehorning them into the "Ancient Alien" narrative, no matter how ridiculous it is.

Not to mention, most of those petroglyphs look nothing like these supposed "reptilians".

They represent animal spirits, gods, etc.

Perhaps you should talk with cultural anthropologists about those artifacts, you know, people who actually have a better understanding of the subtleties of distinct cultures, their languages, mythology, religion etc.... rather than just listen to this guy:

One doesn't need "stories" when one understand their historical and cultural context.

edit on 30-12-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The majority of the dinosaurs that existed on our planet roughly 65 million years ago were not cold blooded reptiles, but were warm blooded creatures that have a different warm blooded system than the majority of our present day mammals.

Based on our own Earth's evolutionary biological history: Due to meat eating dinosaurs [barring catastrophic extinction]...the chances that some would evolve into dinosauroid humanoids with a high cranium capacity, is highly likely in parts of our universe; with the ability to perform complex physical/intelligent tasks with three fingered hands and three toed feet.

I would speculate that the pecentage of dinosauroid humanoids versus mammalian humanoids...at roughly 50% in our universe.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

JadeStar

Tucket

JadeStar

Tucket

Not at all. I recognize them for what they are. Stories. Fictions. Myths. And modern day shoehorning them into the "Ancient Alien" narrative, no matter how ridiculous it is.

Not to mention, most of those petroglyphs look nothing like these supposed "reptilians".

They represent animal spirits, gods, etc.

Perhaps you should talk with cultural anthropologists about those artifacts, you know, people who actually have a better understanding of the subtleties of distinct cultures, their languages, mythology, religion etc.... rather than just listen to this guy:

Thats a shallow assumption, just like the OP.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

What relation do the Draconaz and or Reptilians have to the ASTRAL and also if some lived within EA*RTH who were more reptile like then mammal would they then be considered reptilian natives?

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
This thread contains the shallowest first page that I have ever seen on ATS.

Yeah guys, you reeeeally put the nail in the reptilian coffin, especially with those sources from Hollywood!

Oh well, I guess that, being skeptic of everything that's unbalancing is very comforting to the weak minded. Keep those tinted glasses on and everything will be juuuust fine.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

theMediator
This thread contains the shallowest first page that I have ever seen on ATS.

Yeah guys, you reeeeally put the nail in the reptilian coffin, especially with those sources from Hollywood!

Oh well, I guess that, being skeptic of everything that's unbalancing is very comforting to the weak minded. Keep those tinted glasses on and everything will be juuuust fine.

Hardly. I would love to find evidence of aliens or extraterrestrials. The idea is not unsettling at all. In fact it's my field of study.

As for reptilian humanoids visiting earth hell bent on our destruction, masquerading as humans and controlling world leaders if not the world leaders themselves....

THAT's flat out silly.

I provided evidence of the origin of the modern reptilian humanoid stories associated with UFOs which skyrocketed during and after the 1980s.

I gave a good explanation for why this occurred at that time and the one thing that ties both the dinosauroid model to UFOlogy was the article I mentioned in a magazine which covered UFOs as well as fringe science.

This is a plausible explanation for both why it is such a part of the tangled mess that is UFOlogy in 2013 (soon to be 2014) as well as where David Icke (the Reptilian Alien chief proponent and popularizer) got his story from when he was just getting into New Age trappings.

You are more than welcome to supply contradictory evidence to refute mine but since no evidence of reptilian extraterrestrials on Earth exists all you can do is name call the original post as "shallow".

If you have hard evidence such beings exist on Earth bring it forth otherwise what you are doing is engaging in myth making and UFOlogy/Ancient Astronaut Mythos as New Religion not Science.

The best you can point to are drawings and statues of things which don't really resemble reptiles, dinosauroids, reptilians, etc and say "Aha!" because the Ancient Astronaut crowd shoehorned these items into their own myth with no regard as to their cultural significance.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

AliceBleachWhite

Certainly there's evidence of these archetypes in comic books as well.

It'd be interesting to trace this Archetype across all the media outlets in Comics, Cartoons, Written Fiction, Movies, and anything else to see how far back the concept of Lizard People goes in the public consciousness and compare that to the popularity and/or mention of lizard-like ET in the UFO culture.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join