It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dont let the New age ever gets its paws on Ufology again.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I like many readers in Ats read internet material on Ufos, and there is broad coverage of material dating back into the 1950s.

The 1950s were the atomic age and the wonders/horrors of the atom were being absorbed into main stream culture, and the possibility of humans coming into contact with space vistors were being taken seriously in movies, and the scientific community. This is one of the main reasons why the US government in the 1960s was convinced to commit to a moon mission. There was real sense of seriousness about the whole space travel concept, and human- extraterrestrial contact considered a serious possibility, so much so this sentiment became blended into the political and cultural agendas.

The 1970s didnt drop the ball with serious film making analysing the Ufo phenomenon. In fact i linked one below which if you watch it you will notice is superior to any documentaries made in recent decades on ufos.

Any one who follows Ufology will know the government was planning an expo in the 80s to reveal the ET presense, but at the last moment they pulled out and every since there has been a cold response from the government on Ufos.

Why did the Government go cold on Ufos?

This happened for two reasons as i see it, firstly the Internet. The government were aware the internet was on its way in and decided to cancel the expo and use the internet as the primary tool to educate the public on the ET presence.

Why then after twenty years of internet there is no disclosure?

I believe the unexpected happened, which was the New age movement got rolling and up sprang alot of New agey groups who proclaimed to be spiritual leaders in contact with the ET presense.

The various new age various figures and groups proclaimed to be the messager go betweens us humans and the various Extraterrestrial races they claimed were interacting with our planet.

The colloquial language of the New age was Channeling, and its chant was love, peace, enlightenment. Its advertising banner the Golden age, the Gaia, the round table of Camelot with its many designated and anointed new age leaders.
The power of its enlightenment being as always money, you pay you get some enlightenment.

To be blunt and to the point, The New age movement killed Ufology.

After three decades, 1950s-70s Ufology had managed to pyscology prepare governments to reveal the ET presence to humanity. Then the New age movement moves in and Hijacked it resulting in a pandemonium around the subject of Ufos that cute ET was now replaced by the Nefarious Draco Reptiles which had many agents on earth in prominent roles posing as humans. It was a repeat of the panic of the 1920s War of the worlds broadcast, people were getting freaked out by the concept of malevolent Ets and the government went running for cover bunkering all information on Ufos.

Now that the 2012 didnt happen for the New age movement all their round table Camelot figure heads have dissappeared and gone silent. They have made their money and what remains of Ufology completely decimated. Oh yes there are a few exceptions with some of the biggest New age figure heads like Icke are trying to ride out the 2012 Tsumia but most of the lower hanging New age ranks of fruits are gone.

Ufo disclosure has been set back i estimate by a good thirty years because of the New age movement. The moral of the story is Dont let the New age ever gets its paws on Ufology again.

edit on 29-12-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

One of my all time favorites from when I was knee high to a grasshopper and Dinosaurs still roamed the Earth.

That and Chariots of the Gods

Those two got me thinking and sent me on my personal journey into exploring our past, pondering our future and opening my eyes to our present sad state

'Stay tuned'

edit on 29-12-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I wouldn't lay the blame strictly on the New Agers, the 'dark side' mythros that emerged from the Bennewitz disinformation campaign has had a pretty large effect on the field as well. It pretty much boils down to that in the 1980's the disinformation, whether intentional or accidental, drowned out the legitimate research.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
While the New Age movement certainly has done its fair share of polluting any serious inquiry into the UFO phenomenon, accountability in the marginalization of the subject also rests on those divorced of a rational approach.

For instance; a flaw in your reasoning and rationale is the assertion that ET is here on Earth, or at least visiting, and interacting with some select 'chosen' and/or privileged few who by some means or another seem to control access to some supposed knowledge about ET interactions.

Fact of the matter is, this is entirely divorced of reason, rationale, and any strong evidence that would indicate any such is going on.
It's closer to paranoid delusion and obsessive fantasy.

Illusions and delusions about ET interacting with humanity are additional byproducts of modern UFO Mythology, some of which is perpetuated by New Age movements, but, only a percentage.

Further, there's an important distinction to be made between UFO phenomenon, and Aliens.
UFO phenomenon is a real phenomenon, of which we've yet to quantify in cases that still test as 'unknown'.

Space Alien, or ET interactions, however, have been quite soundly examined, quantified, and even replicated within Psychology.
This isn't to say there are NO ET, but, there are NO ET that we can DETECT.
Invisible aliens are worthless except as tools for entertainment and/or speculation.

There is no strong or really even mediocre evidence for intelligent technological Aliens visiting this planet. If there is, please, by all means, feel free to supply some.

edit on 12/29/2013 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

For instance; a flaw in your reasoning and rationale is the assertion that ET is here on Earth, or at least visiting, and interacting with some select 'chosen' and/or privileged few who by some means or another seem to control access to some supposed knowledge about ET interactions.

its the new ager movement who injected this idea not me

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I sympathize with the general gripe in the OP.

But this might be amended to "keep the ignorant and gullible masses from any interesting endeavor I am personally invested in because none of them is as clever or careful as I."

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

AthlonSavage

its the new ager movement who injected this idea not me

Um, what's this then?

AthlonSavage
After three decades, 1950s-70s Ufology had managed to pyscology prepare governments to reveal the ET presence to humanity

That would imply that there's knowledge of an ET presence, which, there isn't.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Any one who follows Ufology will know the government was planning an expo in the 80s to reveal the ET presense, but at the last moment they pulled out and every since there has been a cold response from the government on Ufos.

I assume you mean the U.S. gov't. I must be ignorant but I wasn't aware of this.

War of the worlds broadcast was Oct 30, 1938 not in the 20's.

What about the massive effort of disinformation from the U.S. gov't during the same time and the coverup in '47 of Rosewell?

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

someone roll this guy a doobie, stat!

you need to relax, mate...

new agers are a mostly harmless bunch... the ptb don't disclose coz it ain't in their financial interest to disclose... they got a good scam going here on Planet Sheeple...

love and light

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

AthlonSavage
Ufo disclosure has been set back i estimate by a good thirty years because of the New age movement.

It sounds like you take UFO phenomena literally.

Disclosure won't happen, and it's not because of the 'New Age' movement. It's because UFO phenomena is mystical in nature. Mysticism is better suited to investigate it than science. Science is too clumsy and limited.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Please explain exactly what you mean by this and provide some proof to back up the statement.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

PhoenixOD

Please explain exactly what you mean by this and provide some proof to back up the statement.

I think thats a reference to the HBO documentary and the Holloman AFB footage kerfuffle.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I think the new age folks mostly stole very ancient age ideas, and wrapped shiny packaging on it.

I have a my thoughts about a pretty large number of highly educated, high ranking, or positioned people, that have been telling stories, or claiming actual ET contact etc...

They have not been proven wrong anywhere... All des information, has caused all available claims of an ET presence impossible to be taken for real, even if the it happened to be the truth... Petty...

I personal believe that an early human advanced society, expanding into space that is responsible for all ET interactions, will be more likely then any aliens visiting Earth.

My 2 cents

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
If UFOs were not born in the New Age, they went to kindergarden there. Donald Keyhoe and MUFON sought to seek only scientific answers and they found very little.

Many UFO experiences have frustrating similarities to spiritual visitations. Science does not like that!

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Its quite possible the ufonauts are avoiding humans after seeing The New age fanaticism being attached.
Imagine they land step out and all these Icke Camelot types run up to them seeking acknowledgment.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The reason there's no disclosure is because the government is just as clueless as you or I as to what these UFOs truly represent, and what their purpose is here. No world government has anything useful to disclose. Certainly, some factions may possess more knowledge on some aspects than others, but overall it's still a very incomplete picture. However, we can be certain that government is purposely refusing to acknowledge UFOs as a method of preservation and illusion of control. If government were to acknowledge that UFOs existed, that would have drastic implications, not on an "intelligent contact" scenario level, but simply on a public relations level. Government requires public trust. UFOs don't recognize borders; they can violate national aerospace at will. Plus, no one can predict when UFOs will arrive or leave, at what altitude, or what path they'll travel. Hence, they violate numerous aviation safety regulations. The purpose of institutions like the FAA is to maintain public confidence in safe skies. Confidence in government would plunge if word got out. The public would ask, "What do we need you for? You can't prevent this!" Government can't control the situation, and they're clueless about it. That's why they refuse to acknowledge UFOs.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

The New age movement did not kill Ufology. Skepticism and a growing suspicion of the ET Hypothesis killed it. Once this happened the Government saw no threat and the whole thing ceased to be news. Of course the Hoaxers contributed to the demise of Ufology.
edit on 1-1-2014 by Tiger5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
New Age is a put down used often by skeptics, whereas in reality its as old as time, verdic, shamanism, buddhism and much more. Its whats under the wrappings of the scriptures as well in the old and new testament, the TAO.

But all boxes are boxes, and if they have "leaders" its been compromised.

However its really hard to express ufology related contact or information because its not just this practical abduction thing, its far out there, some of it is magical, spirit, and it certainly is Love and Light and What It Takes To Grow Up and Go Home!!!! There is no going it around. And money, homelessness, all of this is a lower down primitive world. And the world is a reflection of consciousness.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

AliceBleachWhite

That would imply that there's knowledge of an ET presence, which, there isn't.

Unfortunately; science, mathematics, common sense, and logic cannot support your hypothesis.

In fact; science is increasingly realizing that both extra solar planets, and life are ubiquitous. Given the high probability of earth like planets, and other factors, it almost seems more intelligent to "presume" the existence of and visitation by extraterrestrials. Though, probably not in the numbers of individuals and species reported.

I did a little work recently; developed a "drake like" equation to "predict" the number of extraterrestrial species that "should" be visiting; the result was 10.5. I believe that value to be very low (perhaps < 50%). And of those 10.5 I can demonstrate the existence of two.

So while the numbers aren't quite what some would like to believe; its not like there is no knowledge or evidence.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   

AthlonSavage

Why did the Government go cold on Ufos?

This happened for two reasons as i see it, firstly the Internet. The government were aware the internet was on its way in and decided to cancel the expo and use the internet as the primary tool to educate the public on the ET presence.

Indeed...just a guess, cause I've never heard this, but, this plan was supposed to be executed n the early 80's, but perhaps as late as 1985. The plan was scraped around 83 / 84.

Or perhaps nobody really has this info...

But, that's just a guess.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join