It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why shouldn't certain races pay more for car insurance?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

TKDRL
I don't get where the whole "men take more risks behind the wheel" mantra comes from.

In the UK 70% of the c. 1,000 people killed on the road in cars are male. Men pay higher premiums because they are more likely to have accidents. There is ample factual sources available to support this point. Insurance premiums are based on risk. The lower the risk the less the premium.

I thought in the EU you could not discriminate on the grounds of gender for car insurance, so it would follow that race would be a big no no.

The is an excellent tool news.bbc.co.uk... . It is very disturbing to see the gender and age of many fatalities Young men. Very sad.

Regards
edit on 30/12/2013 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I think anyone that has been involved in suing any insurance companies and multiple times, should have to pay more because those idiots are the entire and only reason that these A**PH*** insurance laws were made.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

James1982

If it's OK to make people pay more because they are Men, why not make the races that are proportionally more likely to get into accidents also pay more for insurance?

I couldn't agree more!

I mean hell, it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure out that figure eight races are inherently more dangerous and likely to cause injury and/or death than races run on ovals.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

Haha that was a good one there

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

Men still get paid more then women at the same jobs. The Human Genome Project proved race is nothing more than a human social construct by scientifically proving there is no such Gene in the human genome that decides if we are "Black" or "White"

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by James1982

How about you just pay insurance based on your driving record and not what kind of car or color it is, sex, credit, location or any of that crap.

I pay more because I have a Mustang, because I just MIGHT race it or do something stupid with it. I paid more on my Cavalier because it was red and considered a sports car because it had two doors. Again, stupid. I also have a PT Cruiser and I pay more because it's considered a "newer" car and it's 10 friggin years old! My Mustang is 15yrs old! Insurance companies are scammers.

We recently moved and our insurance went up because of the area which I find hilarious because where we moved from had FAR more accidents but because we are so close to the highway we pay more. Again stupid and imo another way for them to make more money off of us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join