It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One-year anniversary on ATS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Today, Dec. 29, is my one-year anniversary as a registered member of ATS.

Although I spent about two years prior diligently visiting and reading, I finally took the plunge this time last year.

In 365 days, I've only posted 300 times. I have only about 8 threads. I don't keep track of stars, but I have some, for what that's worth.

I am not a "known" ATS-er. Undoubtedly, no one would notice if I stopped posting or took a sabbatical. I forget that just because I visit almost daily and read a lot of threads/posts, it doesn't mean anyone is aware that I'm there, reading their words, learning, agreeing, disagreeing, appreciating, and shaking my head in disbelief.

I've learned some things here. Less about conspiracy theories and more about breaking news. Less about ufos and ghosts and SHTF scenarios, and more about the kindness of many folks here. I've subscribed to threads about health, survival, and time shifts - because the info is terrific.

I've also noticed that many of the folks who I grew to really care about and enjoy seeing their avatars -- have simply disappeared from the site. When I stumble upon a great thread from 2011 or 2012, I smile when I see my old "friends" who are not posting here anymore. Maybe they didn't know that they were appreciated and valued. Maybe life got in the way. I don't know, but it's weird to feel a sense of loss over folks I never really knew. But their posts live on.

Anyway, despite my small number of posts and threads, I am glad to be a member.

Happy new year everyone. Here's to another great ATS year!

Galadriel

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
new member here. i first found ats digging for illuminati and other conspiracy theories, but i learned that there's a lot more to this community than just that.

cheers

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Galadriel

Happy ATS Anniversary Galadriel,

Post count aside, you are noticed by me and I'm sure others will be along shortly to join in the anniversary festivities. From the very beginning, your posts have been wonderfully genuine and It's obvious to me at least, that you care about this odd little family as if you have known many of us for years.

I too came looking for one thing and found a treasure more valuable than my words can express, and have come to genuinely care for those who I think of as family that I have yet to meet face to face.

Happy New Year to you and yours Galadriel,

Penny

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Happy Anniversary!
Glad you are enjoying yourself.
Keep on keeping-on.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Well hello and Happy ATS Anniversary.

I have always noticed you when you posted, because I'm a big LOTR fan. I really like your avatar and username.
I hope to bump into you on the boards in the future.

Have a great evening.
*Hands out a glass of celebratory wine*
Cheers

edit on 29/12/2013 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

happy internet birthday from another newby at least you have posted here i looked at the number of people who made accounts and never posted once -wow

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I have only been an official member here for a couple days but ive done "my time". I also have notice that some members just disappear. I wonder if ats powers that be black bag, hog tie and make certain members "go missing"

There was one Gentleman around here that I particularly enjoyed. His posts were for the most part well written, and always kept me reading even it was just a quick jab.

I even constructed my avatar and name in his Likness in hopes we might have a face off at high noon one day. it seems my hero has faded into the darkness and will never be back. Ill miss ya Doc

anyways(clears eyes) happy aniversery

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by pennylemon

Thank you pennylemon - and I love your avatar image!

Genuine is the only way to go in life. And I think genuinely caring about one another is what will keep us all going in dark nights and days in our lives.

See ya round the boards!

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Rainbowresidue

LOTR - my absolute favorite!

There is much wisdom in the books and the films. I think the music of the films is what I love the most.

Thanks for the wine!

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dobbiedabill

omg - your avatar pic is something else!

thank you and I hope you enjoy the boards

I, for one, have learned a lot about a lot of things

And some of the humor here is insanely wonderful

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

DocScurlock

I have only been an official member here for a couple days but ive done "my time". I also have notice that some members just disappear. I wonder if ats powers that be black bag, hog tie and make certain members "go missing"

There was one Gentleman around here that I particularly enjoyed. His posts were for the most part well written, and always kept me reading even it was just a quick jab.

I even constructed my avatar and name in his Likness in hopes we might have a face off at high noon one day. it seems my hero has faded into the darkness and will never be back. Ill miss ya Doc

anyways(clears eyes) happy aniversery

I hear ya. You really get to "know" someone by their posts, by their humor, their anger, their support, their ideas and the way they handle trolls and bullies...and they way they shine when someone is hurting. And then one day you realized it's been a while, a long while, since you saw their smiling "face" (avatar) on the site -- anywhere -- and then you look them up and see they haven't "logged in" for three months...and then that's it...they've faded...

I hope your Doc returns...

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I think even if he doesnt come back, part of him will live on forever

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Happy Happy ATS Birthday Galadriel !

Time flies, doesn't it?

Hope to see you around for many many more of those birthdays.

Oh, and I always loved your avatar.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Galadriel
reply to post by dobbiedabill

omg - your avatar pic is something else!

thank you and I hope you enjoy the boards

I, for one, have learned a lot about a lot of things

And some of the humor here is insanely wonderful

yes things seem to go backwards some times but it is all fun

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Hey congratulations,

Psst time means not at all(nothing).

Cheers too you !

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Happy ATS anniversary Galadriel.

Sure, your post count may be low but, I have noticed you on the boards as someone who keeps a level head and posts with true class. Sometimes its best not to spout off over every thread you see and wait until you have something valuable to contribute which adds value to a thread or adds information many would have missed without your insight.

I believe you are one of this type of contributors and the boards are better for your presence. Keep up the good work.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Treespeaker

thanks for the greetings

treespeaker -- hidden meaning? do you speak with trees? beautiful pic

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

FortAnthem

Happy ATS anniversary Galadriel.

Sure, your post count may be low but, I have noticed you on the boards as someone who keeps a level head and posts with true class. Sometimes its best not to spout off over every thread you see and wait until you have something valuable to contribute which adds value to a thread or adds information many would have missed without your insight.

I believe you are one of this type of contributors and the boards are better for your presence. Keep up the good work.

Thank you for the kind words. I see your mood is "surly" but your avatar says otherwise

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I have always noticed you dear Galadriele. Happy Anniversary to you!

I noticed a lot of old members disappeared after the change over.
edit on 30-12-2013 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Thanks Night Star - I always enjoy reading your posts. Glad you are here!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join