It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jonestown: How do you get 900 people to kill themselves?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The greatest Cult leader in the world is the US government, or the US secret government, as well.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Grifter42

Forgive me if this has been covered already. But afew have said that some of those 900 were forced at gun point to drink the flavor ade.

Who were these armed men? Where did they go? Did they drink the flavor ade afterwards and were actually part of those 900?

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

Opinions vary greatly on that, I'd imagine. I was rather surprised to recently learn the Soviets had pumped billions into mind control efforts that carried right into 2003 (3 years into the current Russian President's first term).

The thing is... Governments and Security Services want people that look like fruit loops and nuts. They don't want people who actually ARE stark raving mad. That makes for a very big control issue and impossible to do something deliberate and on any kind of plan, right?

Jones died with the rest and took a member of Congress with him in an execution first at the airstrip. (survivors from that end, described what happened there in detail) That has struck me as a sign of madness...not a controlled Op. The death scene with the punch drink was chaotic for a mixture of willing and unwilling...as one might expect from a cult turned lethal without much warning, I'd think. Jones, being shot in the head himself. A quick way out by comparison to some around him.

* They also recovered an audio tape of part of the suicide process for distributing the drinks. Sick people.

edit on 1-1-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Chickensalad

The most faithful forced the rest then did so themselves,Sounds "off" huh? Well if we are to believe media then that is their story.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   

cavtrooper7
reply to post by Chickensalad

The most faithful forced the rest then did so themselves,Sounds "off" huh? Well if we are to believe media then that is their story.

And that's the most twisted bit.

I hate to quote another madman...
but Charlie Manson once said, "Survival takes precident over programming."

I can't seriously believe that 900 people wouldn't fight back when the first hundred or so had done the stop, drop, and choke when the cyanide kicked in. Now, Heaven's gate, that's about forty people, sounds about right, Marshall Applewhite was a charismatic nut like Jones. But listening to the Reverend Jimmy Jones in his last few tapes, he doesn't seem charismatic enough, with it enough, in power enough, to command 900 people to their deaths, even with gunmen for the dissenters. Were the gunmen so out of their minds as to not think? I can't believe it. Something seems hinky.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Zcustosmorum
reply to post by Grifter42

Ask the ATF and FBI, they tried it at Waco, storm the building and force the inhabitants to jump into deliberately set firestorms, or get caught in hails of government issue bullets. I'd say getting people to "kill themselves" is pretty easy

Cannot equate the two as it wasn't on American soil and placing such assets in nations such as Guyana isn't as easy as it is in Waco. The man captivated his audience and with that he had ardent supporters that were willing to not only take their own lives, but that of others. That is how 900+ died that day.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Waco was that epic bitch Reno's screw up,any soldier can tell you smoke grenades shoot out a little hot flame when they go off.The people who trained the effort told them to go at night,but orders from Reno and instant blood bath.They could have arrested him ANY time and there weren't any illegal arms there. But Clinton is an idiot outside of political matters, AKA Somalia.
Should have said Congressman not senator by the way.

But that is the problem with black ops isn't it ? The entire purpose is to leave NO footprint. So here we are,left with ...off.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join