It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House says ObamaCare sign-ups passed 1 million mark

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Finally we see some genuine evidence that at least 1 million out of 50 million uninsured have attempted to get insurance.

Let's hope this miracle 1 million doesn't turn into a negative number considering the 5 or 10 million cancellations effective Jan 1st.

And I would have higher hopes of at least a few dozen more have signed up on the State exchanges.

Net negative positive is the new motto !!

The Obama administration announced early Sunday that enrollment in the federal healthcare exchange passed the 1 million mark in December as more than 975,000 people signed up between December 1 and the December 24 deadline to ensure coverage beginning on the first of 2014.

Officially, the administration put the total of people now enrolled at more than 1.1 million people now enrolled and boasted that the site was able to support 83,000 concurrent visitors on December 23, the next-to-last day before the sign-up deadline. By contrast, the administration reported only 27,000 sign-ups in October --the website's first, error-prone month -- and 137,000 in November.

The administration has yet to provide a December update on the 14 states running their own exchanges. While California, New York, Washington, Kentucky and Connecticut have performed well, others are still struggling.

This info is coming from the same sources that have been overseeing all the errors and mistakes for billions of dollars.

And this assumes that all the insurance companies and state medicaid agencies actually know who these people are.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

It is a forced thing. In fact I'm not even sure people will be able to get medical attention without it in time. I went to the doctor for a routine check up a couple of weeks ago. I was asked if I had begun the sign up process for this insurance with a very concerned tone (along with a very serious look as if I were getting close to being jailed if I didn't get a move on). I called the lab to see what my bill would be a couple of days later - a second woman asked me if I had begun that process and if not she highly recommended I do it "today"

So it's evident health care workers have their script down but why the urgency and concern? What do they know that I don't? I got the feeling it will cause harm to them if patients don't have this. Will they be fined? Will they be required to report? Up until now not really suspicious but after these events I'm perplexed.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Now all they have to do is subtract the number of people that actually got policies after they signed up...... Did they count each person separately or did they just add up the sign ups?

Said it before and I will say it again. National health care would have been as easy to establish as issuing new medicare numbers with a sliding billing scale for income. Of course this would have removed the middleman (insurance companies) so it would NEVER happen. It is paying this middleman that makes calling this National Healthcare absolute BS.

It is paying the middleman that will result in myself NEVER signing up. They can go "F" themselves. At 48 years old I spent less than 5000k on doctors over my entire lifetime. I will stick with that model it works.

I am not blaming Obama for the health care mess. I am blaming big business, voters and government. Screw them.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Pffftt! I don't believe any numbers that come from the government or their contractors.

I have no plans on signing up. I cannot afford $2000 per month for two us of, just because we're older and have mild "pre-existing" conditions (ie, I had a hysterectomy, a ONE TIME surgery...now I have a pre-existing condition) and my husband smokes.

I don't believe what they say, but it makes little difference in my life. I'll pay the fine....it is much cheaper.

Meanwhile, I'll sit on the sidelines and wait for the entire debacle to crash and burn.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Signed up and enrolled and paid are two different numbers.

Just more lies from a monumental failure of an Administration.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
So we just need 5 million more people to sign up and then we'll be at the level of insured prior to Obamacare.

Everyone will just be paying more for crappier plans.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Crash and burn, yes. I actually can't help but wonder if the ACA isn't just one massive bluff.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I hope that those people get benefit from this plan.

I am glad for those people, but I still say a single payer system is the way to go as all other civilized countries already have a form of this.

Its amazing America has illusory boundaries from giving human beings what they should get easily, health care.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Obamacare looks like this to me right now:

*Criminalize people who can't afford health insurance
*Use the IRS to enforce.
*People find loopholes (claim higher deductions up front, etc).
*Less tax income flowing into government.
*new tax laws to make it illegal to use these loopholes.
*Put people in jail because they can't afford the penalties and interest on unpaid health insurance.
*Depending on dollar amount upstanding citizens who cannot afford this are slapped with a possible felony? Not sure but if IRS debt is under 10K they get extremely aggressive because thereafter you can more easily have it discharged.
*A high demand for attorneys to help people (if they can afford them).
*Ruins people's credit so they become even more impoverished and the economy goes even into further crisis.
*People stop going to the doctor as that draws attention.

Make less and you pay less so incentives for being poor are higher than those for coming out of poverty. Makes escaping this condition even more challenging. Those who are wealthy or created this are getting exemptions? So they are automatically able to be law abiding without the additional expense?

It is a new tax and it is a big one. Either pay or be a criminal I guess. We need to build more jails and plan to see people getting liens left and right (for those in income brackets of about 12,000 - 50K especially). And I actually do blame Obama. He proudly named this genius idea after himself so it's his baby. But hey - it works for him and his administration so it must be a good idea for everyone.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Now all they have to do is subtract the number of people that actually got policies after they signed up

And then wait a month or so to see how many people can actually pay these premiums and not get cancellation notices if they don't. I don't know about others but if I started getting a new bill for $200 or more a month I couldn't pay it. If I had that extra cash I'd have already gone out and bought a different car.
edit on 856pm0303pm12013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

FissionSurplus
Pffftt! I don't believe any numbers that come from the government or their contractors.

I have no plans on signing up. I cannot afford $2000 per month for two us of, just because we're older and have mild "pre-existing" conditions (ie, I had a hysterectomy, a ONE TIME surgery...now I have a pre-existing condition) and my husband smokes.

I don't believe what they say, but it makes little difference in my life. I'll pay the fine....it is much cheaper.

Meanwhile, I'll sit on the sidelines and wait for the entire debacle to crash and burn.

I'm with you 100%!!! My friend who works 2-3 part time jobs because at 47 she cannot get hired full time found out last week she is losing her coverage and that she "makes too much" for her 17 yr. old (deadbeat Dad died last year) to recieve assistance of any kind.I bet those who have lost coverage FAR exceeds 1 million but again, numbers lie.

Also was recently "harassed" at the Dr's office and on the phone when making a mamogram appointment and I DO have "self paid" coverage!

They kept askign all these invasive and esoteric questions like "Has your group coverage number changed because of any claims you have made in the past year?"

What...the...hell. For my payment of 700 a month, you think THEY'D be the ones to know that?

I am not playing: going to focus on being pro active and staying healthy and get a big batch of organic-popcorn all ready for the show!!!

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I just want to go pay a doctor when I need one. Granted that does not cover surgeries, cancer treatment or any of that other stuff but one should have catastrophic loss coverage for those events.

My beef with the entire gig is that it is rigged for profit and a Government mandated Healthcare System should not be for profit. It should be to provide for it's citizens at a fair cost. Aspirin should not cost $14.00 each.

The entire USA is aware that most folks don't have ANY extra money any longer. 700.00 a month?

It is ridiculous and I am mad as hell about it. It took me many years to get to a spot in life where I can afford insurance and now I want nothing to do with it.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

No doubt the numbers are an absolute lie, but without paying you don't have a policy. Then just because you have a policy that doesn't mean a doctor or hospital will see you. This is the biggest SCAM ever in the history of the WORLD!!

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

I gotta go see how much insurance would be for me.

But I'm not going to use my real information. After hearing that once people get in (the system), they never get out (even the IRS is notified)...

Well, the info will be close enough so I can get a relatively accurate quote.

Did I mention that my name is Ben Dover?

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Big Insurance wins.

Pay more for less...then you get taxes.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
You'll see millions more sign up in the future.

Its funny what people will do when they become desperate, cornered and have nowhere else to turn.

Wait, I didn't mean 'funny', I meant Incredibly sad

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
All you people complaining and crying about Obamacare. What is your alternative for the people who can’t afford health insurance.

The selfish Americans don’t want single payer, so they vote in the GOP to protect their messily crap they think they have.
But remember you're next people.
If they haven’t already gotten your 401k they will get it somehow and then you will be on the other side looking in with your hand out.

Most people here are very misinformed in what is going on

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

I was told what I would be paying and I don't see how its wrong to complain. I guess I could cut down on .... ? ....hmmmm maybe they could figure that part out for me too while they are forcing people to do this. It is really good to offer alternatives for people but it should be just that - choices. Do you want emergency medical coverage only? Do you want to keep your current insurance? Do you want to opt out? This has not made insurance more affordable. It's made it worse (it was barely affordable before). For me anyway. It's a personal choice - not the governments to tell me I have to even see an aliphatic doctor let alone have this (and they don't pay for naturopaths or preventative medicine if I've been told right). No insurance does so if that is the route you go you would want the choice to pay as needed.

Maybe they could have taken a back door route to the health care issues. How about a run through an MRI doesn't cost 6,000.00. How about the 14.00 aspirin someone mentioned herein being dropped to maybe 50 cents? That won't happen - it's easier to hyper-inflate every aspect of medicine and pass the cost onto us.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

Maybe if insurance and government both got out of the medical market and people stopped expecting that they had a right to enjoy the benefits of someone else's services without compensating them for it ...

We might have a market correction and much more affordable prices for health care.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Willtell
All you people complaining and crying about Obamacare. What is your alternative for the people who can’t afford health insurance.

What I want is to be left alone, left to my own devices! I want things the way they were in this regard simply because I was doing just fine without healthcare coverage. There are literally thousands of ways to handle health issues that do not involve westernized medicine, from the every day cold remedies to cancer cures! We even have examples of these right here in our ATS community, for example this recent post by nofear39 Thanks to TheAlmo ..this Cancer cure that worked for me. (it's a good read)!

If I should ever need anything more than what I have access to treatment wise on the internet, then maybe I'll apply for medicaid, seeing as how I work and my taxes already pay into a system that should supply me with coverage as a citizen of this great nation. I can't afford insurance and neither can 90% of my fellow citizens and so that is what I want from both perspectives, that of one who is complaining and crying, as well as that of one who can't afford it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join