It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My New Years resolution; won't you join me?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Everyday, make the world a better place.

Sounds overwhelming doesn't it? It isn't.

In this new year it is my intention to make the world a better place every single day. It doesn't have to be earth-shattering or news-making. There are approximately 7.046 billion of us running around down here. Just imagine if everyone did the same, all year long.

Hold the door open for that stranger behind you, give a nod and a smile when you would usually have just stared at the ground, make friendly conversation and say something nice to those around you rather than staring down at your iPhone. Volunteer or donate to a soup kitchen, take someone at their word.

The guy broke down on the side of the road in the pouring rain? Stop and see if he needs anything if you have time.

Give a stranger the benefit of the doubt. Don't just converse with the middle aged white guy who looks and probably thinks just like you; reach out to the dreadlocked twenty-something black guy, see how his day is going. Goodpeople are all around you, step out of your comfort zone to find them.

Every action we take or don't take has a measurable (no matter how small) impact on the world in which we ALL live. It is up to you which side of the scale you are adding to.

I'm no fool, there is evil in the world and it is very real. Always protect yourself and your loved ones; i'm just asking to give others the benefit of the doubt until you have a reason not to. The vast majortiy of them are just like yourself; trying to make it through a world gone wrong.

We need to quit looking without for a savior or an impetus to make things better; all we need to make this world everything we want it to be and more lies within each of us. Google tells me there are 196 country governments in the world. Why on earth would we let these corrupt institutions spoil the world when we are 7.046 billion strong?

This has gotten long-winded enough. Have a safe and happy new years my friends; lets make it a great One!

Cheers my friends!

edit to add: i decided to make this post independantly of, but at right about the same time as droid56 made the following post. They are decidedly connected as all things are. Great minds and all that, ha!

Have you made a positive impact?
edit on 12/29/13 by soulshn because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/29/13 by soulshn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Everyday, make the world a better place sounds like get your gun and start the cleansing, i would rater said do not evil

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by soulshn

Im in on that id like to pass your message along if thats ok with you via my fb.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by zedy63

By All means, I am honored!

Cheers!

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Please stop with these 'New Year Resolutions' threads.

I'm surprised people haven't realized yet that every year they make new resolutions and every year they fail miserably. Why's that will they ask? Because you've got to work on yourself every second of every hour of every day in order to change yourself. You don't need a new year for that.

Other than that, great content in your post.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by soulshn

Done it thank you i think its a good post and the more people see it its gonna wake some of the up mabe

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

St0rD
Please stop with these 'New Year Resolutions' threads.

I'm surprised people haven't realized yet that every year they make new resolutions and every year they fail miserably. Why's that will they ask? Because you've got to work on yourself every second of every hour of every day in order to change yourself. You don't need a new year for that.

Other than that, great content in your post.

Agreed, but it makes a good excuse to start both for myself and others. And it gives me a good excuse to put this out there.

new topics

top topics

join