It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid to hit Atlantic per Russia, is this a real story?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Ok, my gut is telling me this is a bogus story, it was reported 5 days ago. The video purports that Russian missile defense operatives are warning that an asteroid is going to hit the Atlantic somewhere near Puerto Rico, causing large Tsunamis and of course massive destruction. No other info or sources. I have been searching the web for more info but so far nothing other than this video.

Here is the accompanying message:

"Russian Military Operatives who have family in the United States have warned of an upcoming event of a large Asteroid that is being tracked by their missle defense systems. This Near Earth Object is arriving along with the Meteor Debris field expected to impact FEMA Region Three. Russia Warns that this Large Asteroid will Impact in the Atlantic Ocean. This will be a Global Incident. This event will change life on this planet as we know it. Good Luck to you and your Family."

I agree that its probably 95 percent certain that this is BS. but wanted to post to see if there is any other info or source.
edit on 29-12-2013 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-12-2013 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

I agree that its probably 95 percent certain that this is BS.

I disagree with that figure.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yes, its probably more like 99.95 percent. LOL.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well they do say that about 93% of statistics are made up on the spot.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The general rule of thumb is if the only source for a piece of news is YouTube, then it's BS.

If this was real, someone, somewhere would be squealing like a piggy to as many newspapers & TV channels as possible, globally. Sooper seekrit repercussions be damned, they'd be flapping their gums non-stop about the Doomstroid.
edit on 12/29/2013 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Come on.... why do people believe a YouTube video? If there was any truth to this and it somehow leaked into the media then why not check Russian sources?

Here's a good start for all things conspiracy in Russia, english.pravda.ru...

Btw, who is flagging this? It kills me when pure BS gets posted and receives unwarranted attention.
edit on 29-12-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
There was a lot of preparation for Fema region 3 to be finished by October 1st. Maybe they know? Oh well I'm in region 4, I appreciate the thread. Even if nothing becomes of this, good looking out.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Phage

Why do you disagree with that figure, Phage? Do you think the probability is greater or less than 95% Should we all be worried or not?

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

100%.

That is all.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

lostbook

Phage

Why do you disagree with that figure, Phage? Do you think the probability is greater or less than 95% Should we all be worried or not?

I think Phage's intent was to indicate it's 100% BS.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

If I answered it would take all the mystery out of it.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I wanna say i saw something about this on BIN too. Which from what i read here the community looks at that site like a 5 year old is running it lol. Now it wasn't in the bat crazy alt news section, but in the somewhat on point regular news section

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

reported 5 days ago.
How? the video was posted on December 22
edit on 29/12/13 by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Usually, the less info available before a major incident indicates truth.

Who knew the Indonesian and Fukushima disasters were going to happen ahead of time ?

Or the comet in Siberia in 1908 ?

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

That's what I thought. Just wanted to clarify.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Another note of doom for Puerto Rico here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
If its from youtube its BS!

Hoax the thread I say!

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

lostbook

Phage

You have to ask? Try 0% in five days. Don't ya think someone would have leaked this out somewhere besides YouTube? Maybe the President should get to a bunker quick! Do you see congress still trying to make laws?

Look around before you wonder and you will see zero evidence of this being anything close to a reality.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
This next part isn't off topic, it'll tie up in the end:
It's quite interesting that my pure tuxedo cat mated with a pure tuxedo cat, gave birth to a bombshell kitten. It seems to have skipped a lot of evolution in the gene pool, it learned to walk in half the normal time. It also changes eye color based on mood or playfulness, silver, grey, orange. The fur also shifts in which hue is dominant.

I would upload a picture of Gizmo, but I can't quite work ATS too well. (New here)

The point is, all this talk about frequency shifts and doom and species die-offs, maybe we have to face it: it's time. We had our shot.

There's insects with pictures of insects of their wings as camo. What evolution do you see in humans as a whole? Sure, there are a select few who are the brightest stars in the night sky, but even those have to go when the black hole arrives. It's obvious which living beings are going to survive a global cleansing. The ones that we as humans call weird, crazy, strange, unreal, extraordinary, bizarre, for that's what the environment will be like as well. And that's giving human characteristics to other things as well.

In the war between good and evil, chaos always wins with another "you should have saw it coming" plot twist.

P.S. I'm not denying or confirming the OP, just saying that it's probably going to be sooner than we expect, but it shouldn't be suprising when it does.

edit on 01312k3 by Lynk3 because: punctuation and spelling, also extra thoughts

edit on 01312k3 by Lynk3 because: forgot my usual p.s.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I am mostly surprised that a thread would have been made asking about the validity of this video. It seems like common sense that this one is completely bs. How did the OP not come to this conclusion as well?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join