It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Moon Rover ... VS ... Appollo Moon Walk (don't miss this one)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by doorhandle

It always gets me when you look at the Apollo Moon Landing pictures. Because my main question was basically how did they control their descent during the landing on the moon. Well that would be the main booster rocket.

So why is the dirt below it untouched? Wouldn't there be a blast crater or at least a heap of dust blown all over the place? If an astronaut's foot can leave a good print in a weightless environment,

how come a really heavy lander can leave nothing?

Same as the Chinese one!

No blast crater. Although you do see some dirt moved over the feet. Crane must have slipped to one side.

The rover can make tracks and like an astronaut it is quite light in a weightless atmosphere!

So how come the lander rocket area is untouched? That always get's me more than the strange shadows.

And you have to love the views of space from these landings. Not a Star to be seen.

I can see hundreds and thousands of stars from my house. But on the Apollo and Chinese Moon landings? Where are the Stars?

Makes you wonder why people see a Conspiracy? Are the landings a cleverly planned Hoax? Surely not. They can't be. The evidence for them being real is there!

WHERE????????

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

stevcolx
reply to post by doorhandle

I can see hundreds and thousands of stars from my house. But on the Apollo and Chinese Moon landings? Where are the Stars?

Makes you wonder why people see a Conspiracy? Are the landings a cleverly planned Hoax? Surely not. They can't be. The evidence for them being real is there!

WHERE????????

This one has been debunked more times that just about any other so called "conspiracy" since the start of time.

Exposure needed to correctly expose light sources (the stars) 100s or 1000s of light years away (so VERY VERY dim).....about 30 seconds before they become star trails.

Exposure needed to correctly expose objects on the surface of the moon that are lit by direct sunlight that isn't dimmed by a water laden atmosphere...........about 1/4000th or 1/8000th of a second.

I'm sorry,but no matter what you believe,those photos were taken by real living American astronauts who landed on the moon in a sort of primitive spacecraft thing.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagewerx

And the blast craters?

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

stevcolx

And the blast craters?

Aaaahhh sorry,didn't see that one up there.They throttled back to about 1/4 or so of full thrust for the final part of the descent,and cut the engine completely when the long wire-like probes on the legs touched the surface.There is no blast crater as such,but I'm pretty sure I've seen photos of a sort of radial pattern of lines leading away from the area immediately underneath the engine's nozzle.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Found this for you,just a quick Google that took a few minutes....

How Is Pressure Relevant? — The Crux of Debunking This Claim

First, some numbers: The lunar module (LM) descent stage engine had a maximum thrust of 9870 ft-lb, but this was throttleable back to a minimum of 1050 ft-lb. Sounds like a lot. But, the diameter of the nozzle was 63 inches, which is an area of about 3120 in2. Dividing this into the force (thrust) and you have a pressure range of 0.4-3.2 ft-lb/in2, otherwise known as psi. This is equivalent to the metric 2760-22,100 N/m2. But let’s stick with psi.

Anyone who owns a car probably knows that this is already significantly less than your tire pressure … by a factor of 10-100. When Apollo 11 landed, the thrust was down to about 1/3 of max, so down to around 1 psi.

Now let’s look at the average adult footstep: The average non-American weighs around 150 lbs. The average human footprint is around 50 in2 (don’t believe me? do the math yourself!). Divide the first into the second and you have the average human footstep exerting a simple 3 psi.

This is 3x larger than Apollo’s engines!!

The very fact that the astronauts walking on the moon did not create “blast craters” underneath them should be explanation enough as to why the engine did not create a blast crater under it — the pressure was simply too low.
reply to post by stevcolx

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I take it then the Chinese Lander is exactly the same as the Apollo one which would explain the no blast crater and no stars in the photos!

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

stevcolx

I take it then the Chinese Lander is exactly the same as the Apollo one which would explain the no blast crater and no stars in the photos!

Yes,the laws of physics won't have changed all that much in the last 40 years or so.

Our modern digital cameras still don't have the dynamic range that the film cameras such as the Hasselblads and Kodak film that were used on the moon had.Dynamic range in this case if you don't know is the difference between the lowest and highest light levels that can be recorded onto the imaging surface.
Modern digital cameras that can do HDR (High Dynamic Range) are "cheating" as they're a composite of a number of bracketed photos,meaning taken at the same time with different exposures to correctly expose different parts of a scene.
HDR still wouldn't bring out stars in a photo taken on the moon in full sunlight.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Well if the Moon Landings are real and photos are real it begs the question why they don't take pictures to include the stars. The shuttle missions did and look at all the UFO's they captured. If the landings are real then it's a good bet they took the pictures at those settings to block out UFO's!

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

stevcolx

Well if the Moon Landings are real and photos are real it begs the question why they don't take pictures to include the stars. The shuttle missions did and look at all the UFO's they captured. If the landings are real then it's a good bet they took the pictures at those settings to block out UFO's!

The moon landings WERE real,in fact as real what ever you can see in front of you at this precise moment.Why would they want to take photos of the stars when they already had countless millions of photos of them from the earth? They used 64 ASA film which means it's "slow" in photographic speak,or about as insensitive to light as you can get.This was chosen because of the VERY VERY high light levels they would encounter on the surface of the moon.To take photos of the stars they'd need film that was more sensitive to light (probably 800 ASA or faster),and also as on earth they'd need an altazimuth drive which would track the camera with the apparant movement of the stars so they would appear on the photo as pinpoints and not streaks of light.This extra weight would be pointless on a weight critical mission such as this.
I say again the settings they used were what they had to use to record the details of what was on the surface of the moon and nothing else,because there was nothing else there.No Nazis,no UFOs,no Clangers or soup dragons,nothing except for moon rocks.If they used any other settings,the photos they took would have been under or over exposed or had poor depth of field,something which wouldn't have been acceptable for such a historic and expensive mission such as this one.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   

One thing I forgot to point out before,the moon isn't a weightless environment as you say.It has one sixth of the gravity of earth,so objects there still have weight,but less than when they're on earth.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   

I beg to differ about the UFO's. If the Moon landings are real then so are the UFO's. There have been loads of reports from the Gemini, Apollo and Space Shuttle Mission Astronauts. There is also loads of Video Footage of UFO's taken by Astronauts of UFO's in space and traversing across the Moon's surface.

And there have been accounts of large Alien Spacecraft parked on the moon watching the Apollo Moon Walk Mission.

Alien Prescence On The Moon?

NASA: What's there? Mission Control calling Apollo 11...

Apollo: These "Babies" are huge, Sir! Enormous! OH MY GOD! You wouldn't believe it! I'm telling you there are other spacecraft out there, lined up on the far side of the crater edge! They're on the Moon watching us!

Nearly all the Astronauts involved in these missions have reported UFO's to Mission Control and have said so in Interviews later on. That includes, Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin and Bill Cooper.

Gotta love those all too obvious what they are NASA videos.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Nice to see you're making good use of your book "Urban myths that are untrue" that you got for Christmas.

No Apollo astronaut ever said the words "These "Babies" are huge, Sir! Enormous! OH MY GOD! You wouldn't believe it! I'm telling you there are other spacecraft out there, lined up on the far side of the crater edge! They're on the Moon watching us!" This was actually from a radio play that was a sort of modern version of War Of The Worlds,how it ever came to be believed to have been said by a NASA astronaut and not just an actor in a radio studio has so far eluded me.
The alleged UFO sightings are as far as I can tell are down to selective editing of interviews with the astronauts.If you watch the WHOLE interview then you can see the whole story where he (Buzz Aldrin in this case) he is actually describing panels from the Saturn 5 that are detached when they separate the LEM and Command Module from it.This is of course just one isolated case (he was being interviewed by Larry King),but if we view all the others in the same way the stories they tell will be a lot different.

You do know I take it that the audio tapes of ALL the voice communications from ALL the Apollo moon missions are available for you to listen to on line?

www.live365.com...

Written transcripts of all of these are also available if you want to compare them with the spoken version.And from memory they somehow included time stamps along with the voice comms that gave elapsed time from the start of the missions,so analysis of the time stamps would guarantee continuity meaning sections of it couldn't be edited out without leaving very obvious gaps in the time line.

NASA back in those days was a civilian organisation,although nowadays it seems as if they have become a bit more "militarised" than they used to be.Mission control isn't buried away deep in a mountain like NORAD is behind 3 foot thick solid steel blast doors.It's just off a public road and over looking the bay and harbour and looks to have minimal security from the photos I've seen,not the sort of place you'd choose if you wanted to hide things from the tax payers.

While the Apollo moon landings were taking place,there were always journalists allowed to be present in the mission control room,again not a good idea if you're trying to hide stuff from the public.A lot of it was live on TV across the world.I was ten when this was going on,and I watched Apollo 12 take off,moon landing and splashdown live on the telly (in fact as much of it as I possibly could) and bits and pieces of all the other missions that were shown live.If you had lived through and experienced all this for yourself (I'm only guessing you were born after this) you would see it all a lot differently instead of believing all the b/s that gets pushed around the internet.The point I'm trying to make was that this was done very much in the public eye and not behind closed doors in some sort of James Bond super villain type of hidden base in an extinct volcanoe.
The radio delay often gets quoted as being proof that they were ready to hide anything the astronauts said they didn't want the world to hear.It takes something like 2 seconds for radio waves to travel from the earth to the moon and vice versa,so the same for the return trip again.Add in the thinking time and you get a delay of about 6 seconds or so.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Lol you are a debunker. ATS has a lot of people that are debunkers, AKA fake debunkers! They go about using Bull# data debunking what people say!

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Like I said I lived through and experienced this with my own eyes and ears.How old are you as a matter of interest?

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   

I can see hundreds and thousands of stars from my house.

in the daytime ?

if not - your " argument " is irrelevant

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Duh! Obviously at night!

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Lol you are a debunker. ATS has a lot of people that are debunkers, AKA fake debunkers! They go about using Bull# data debunking what people say!

So how do you explain this?

India's first lunar mission has captured images of the landing site of the Apollo 15 craft, debunking theories that the US mission was a hoax, the country's state-run space agency said Wednesday.

phys.org...

Or are you saying every country in the world is in on this so called hoax?

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Don't know. I'm discussing the possibility. Compiling evidence to confirm or deny either way. This is what we do in ATS. Someone's perspective is different from others!

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

thankyou for admitting the obvious - your annecdode is irrelevant , because :

badum ching - Apollo surface operations and the Chinese lander operate in lunar daylight

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Don't know. I'm discussing the possibility. Compiling evidence to confirm or deny either way. This is what we do in ATS. Someone's perspective is different from others!

We also Deny Ignorance here, but some more than others it looks like.

Someones perspective can be different than others, yet the truth is always the same.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join