It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What NOT to do when owning guns .....posting online, that is....unless you like attention

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

As an owner and CPL license holder, this is inappropriate, over-the-top and stupid. It gives us an idea what the parent is prob. like.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Oh please, I've been in the South 20 years. I'll say whatever I want about it. You guys give these people way too much credit.

5 year old boy kills sister

Authorities in southern Kentucky say a 2-year-old girl has been accidentally shot and killed by her 5-year-old brother, who was playing with a .22-caliber rifle he received as a gift.

This is common stuff people. I can show you pictures of toddlers with loaded weapons. I've been here a long time and people don't view guns the way you think they do. They are simply a part of life. When it becomes that people seem to lose a bit of the seriousness involved with owning and carrying weapons. Demoting it to "just a tool" is foolish. We all know what guns were made for. We all know they can end a life. Maybe instead of using them as props people should approach them with the seriousness they should be dealt with. Life and death isn't a damn joke.

Well, since we find babies surrounded by guns amusing why not palestinian suicide bomber babies! Why not! I mean there's no proof the explosives were real!

I can't believe how out of touch with reality so many people have become. I guess the 2nd Amendment must give people the right to be raging fools with their guns too.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
If the guns are unloaded & the parents quadruple checked every gun beforehand to make sure nothing was going to fire anything if the beeb squeezed anything before setting this picture up, whatever, I don't care. It does, however, do a good job of showing that people will get their knickers in a bunch over anything these days. Until we're shown that these were loaded, give them the benefit of a doubt & don't sweat it.
I'll say what was stupid though. Putting it out there for all to see. In a country full of micromanaging control freaks, who in their right mind thinks this is going to go unnoticed??

Although, I'll say as a resident of the Deep South (FL) that this is pretty much par for the course down here & we know it. Therefore, joke away, folks, even us saner southerners find the stereotypes funny

edit on 12/29/2013 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I am a self admitted gun guy as you say. But to lay them out with your infant is just freaking stupid. The op is correct in that stupid is world wide ...sort of like weather. All countries have it & them. At one point in time I owned well over 500 firearms. To come in my home and guess I owned any would be amazing. Stupid people..take stupid pictures & do stupid shat. I have posted one pic of a firearm I purchased, I did that because of excitement in the purchase of a lifetime.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The photo has been called irresponsible, stupid, and offensive. I do not find it to be any of these things.

First, if the firearms are unloaded then it is not irresponsible. Guns without ammo are inanimate objects. Taking a photo of an infant that is in no danger whatsoever is not irresponsible.

Second, I don't find it stupid because the photo has a point. How many photos actually have a point? There are countless selfies and pics of dippy-grinned half-wits all over the internet, all without a point. This photo says "I protect my family". Not stupid to me.

The most you can say is that it is in "bad taste". That is subjective. I find peoples' photos of their grandmas visually offensive... to each their own.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

No I am not an idiot! I see nothing wrong here. Somebody is proud of their guns and their child. I say congratulations!! I hope that kid learns to shoot all of those guns by his tenth birthday.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Nevermind, not even worth my time...

edit on 29-12-2013 by sageturkey because: NVM

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I can but say it is poor taste,the family is obviously poor,not a vet, p85,marlin .22 semi 2 shotguns and 4 bolt actions
They are after more well armed fish than that.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Bias is in the eye of the beholder.

Maybe stupidity is too...

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

muzzleflash

How can I trust anyone when they make character judgments over someone they never met based on a single photograph?

So one photo of me and you folks would have all sorts of insults...hmm...that's why I will never make that mistake.

Anyways, I think the main problem here is that it's not our business and yet somehow it became it.

Anyone who posts in this thread is making judgements one way or the other.
You say hes probably be OK, your basing that on your filter, Im basing my idea on my filter.
Your opinion is no more valid or any less judgemental than mine

The pic in the OP was posted for us to give our opinion, thats all Ive done yet because you are pro gun you see my opinion as wrong, Its no ones BUSINESS yet here you are posting just like me!!!!

I stick by saying the guys an idiot and anyone who doesnt think the same is in the same catergory as far as Im concerned, with how touchy the whole gun issue is in the states right now anyone pro gun needs to stand up and say this is wrong, to not do so in my mind is comparable to a Muslim not condemning suicide bombers.

You really want the kind of person who would take that pic defending your 2nd amendment rights?

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Well said!

I don't like the photo in particular but honestly did not take any "offense" as the baby was dressed warmly and sleeping peacefully...perhaps it was a "statement of safety?"

To my way of thinking although it's not a "charming warm.fuzzy" photo, it's no worse than those who pose their infants sleeping with the family dogs...many would question THAT was well I'm guessing?

No flaming please...not my "opinion" of the people involved in general, just calling it as I see it. I have a CCL and am well-versed in gun-safety.

I WILL say though that this "type" of assumed "stupidity" is NOT limited to the "South",LOL...I've seen things in Pennsylvania that are worthy of a movie

edit on 29-12-2013 by irishchic because: add on

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I am sure there are plenty of self righteous, pompous, holier-than-thou types out there who will drag their naked bodies over 5 miles of broken glass and then take a bath in vinegar in order to be properly outraged by this. Complete with hysterics, drama, and a call to do "something" about this violation of all that is good in the world.

I see nothing here. No harm to the child. No sins committed. Whoopee-dee-doo.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The baby could have been sucking on the barrel of one of the guns in the picture and some of you would still be saying it was okay...

It's about what message the picture gives out and to me it doesn't exactly scream gun safety.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
While this is certainly a bit silly and bound to ruffle some feathers it is by no means dangerous. Allowing your beloved family attack dog to be around your child is far more dangerous. So many things are actually more dangerous than this.

I would even say that it is immaterial whether the firearms were loaded or unloaded. Contrary to uninformed and yet popular belief, guns do not "go off". They aren't unstable chemical reactions, they are mechanical and require direct mechanical pressure applied to the trigger to initiate the sequence. This baby is almost certainly incapable of applying the proper trigger squeeze. And what's more, unless a round was chambered the weapon would not fire unless the tiny baby was able to chamber a round first, a feat I'm sure he could not accomplish.

This parent is guilty of little more than odd taste.

If this child has a loving mother and father and is blessed to grow up in the USA he's way ahead already.

edit on 29-12-2013 by hammanderr because: punctuation

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Even if all of these WERE loaded, how in the hell is a little baby going to make one discharge? Hurl it onto a hard floor? Pull the trigger? Nope

Having said that, This photo was quite the mistake for putting it online, it is just asking for public outcries and calls from the public for all the LEO's to act against this guy. (not to mention the anti-gun crowd, and government gun control zealots). (But the former will love when this kind of thing happens).

And @iknowstuff, I think you might have some psychological issues yourself if you really think that any gun owner who has that many, or more guns is somehow insane and crazy. I have a lot more than tha... er.. I, er, excuse me I need my anti psychotic meds..

Edit:::Hammenderr: finally a sensible and accurate description of reality in your reply
Nice to see someone that can think for themselves once in a while.
edit on 29-12-2013 by alienreality because: added

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
That photo reminds me of that other cute little kid with guns.

Adam was so cute with all those guns.
edit on 29-12-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Going to throw this in the mix because I'd LOVE to know where the "outcry" for such things IS???

Georiga father and mother charged with beating toddler to death:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

People get ALL riled up over a photo of a clean,soundly sleeping infant surrounded by guns...again, seclective "OUTRAGE" that seems to be what everyone and everything is FOCUSED on!

That one personally offensive "tipping point" that causes people to wake the hell up.Let's make our point when the hard-issues get ignored.

How about the fact that these freakin' systems that are in place are not working? Enough about the right and wrong of guns in general...ownership again should be up to the individual as a "right"...if you want to pose your kid with a gun, so be it!

I find the above story worthy of ANY sane human's outrage and why don't more people stand up against the REAL "monsters among us?"

No guns were involved.
edit on 29-12-2013 by irishchic because: edit

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

Great idea redirect people to be angry at some one else who did some thing worse. Point fingers at some one else to pick on. Maybe people should quit saying I am not as bad as them and justifying doing things that should not be done. Society would be a better place and then you would not feel like you need to hide in the woods with cache of weapons to shoot anybody who trespasses.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

I fail to see what that has to do with anything, other than to serve as a distraction from the topic.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

You missed the point: why be selectively outraged at ALL???

We are living in a dangerous, screwed up world and wouldn't it be "best" to try and deal with the demons that are REAL as a collective society rather than pointing fingers at all.

Sorry, any way you slice it "you did/they did" has no value. What is "real" is coping and dealing with the concrete infractions against humanity as opposed to things that don't mean a damn thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join