It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever seen bears 'pole' dance....er, I mean 'tree' dance'?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Viral video of Alberta bears dancing at 'rub' tree gets conservation conversation going

Bears are captured on a video still gathering around a 'rub' tree as part of an Alberta Parks presentation that shows what wildlife get up to when humans aren't around.

The video is conveniently called "What goes on when you are not there" and is set to music

The Alberta Parks officer behind the flick made this video using a sequence of still images from motion-sensor cameras placed in the wild. When going through the images, Glenn Naylor realized certain sequences provided incredible insight into animal activity when humans weren't around. The conservation officer decided to string together a few of those sequences using video editing software at home, not realizing what a hit it would become.

Well, you know what they say...
What happens in the forest stays in the forest

Except when Big Brother is spying on them

edit on 29-12-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
These bears are CLEARLY not worried about their toilet paper leaving behind "butt lint".

I love it!! I can almost hear them groaning in relief that the itch they have walked so far to soothe is finally vanquished!

Just a little to the left... no a little more... RIGHT THERE Ahhhh....

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
There is a giant deer at 1:50

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by weirdguy

Ha, ha!
It's an elk!
You can tell 'cause it's BIG,
& it has a lot smaller tail than a deer,
& a white rump! We have elk here in PA.
They are beautiful, but getting too tame!
WOQ

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by wasobservingquietly

Oh, I've heard of Elk but never seen one before. I knew it wasn't a moose because it didn't have a Canadian trying to mount it .

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing that video. Oh, deer, those animals could bearly contain their joy! Sorry, I just finished a 23 hour work shift and I couldn't help it. That was quite a variety of big game including a couple of mountain lions. Big cats... My Mum spotted very large black cat years ago in Lake County Michigan. Took up the majority of the road as it crossed. I know, sadly no pics. Probably some douche bag let an exotic animal go after said douche bag couldn't handle the majestic creature. Makes ya wonder whats in your neighborhood. We feed a lot of animals in NW Michigan. Always a treat to watch a flock of turkeys or a herd of deer. We see a lot of fox in SW Michigan as well as hearing the coyotes talking to each other at night. And of course the deer. They are all beautiful and majestic and one has to thank (insert your choice here)their lucky stars when an animal provides food for a family. I have a friend who photographs deer on his farm property in a similar fashion to the video and it is always surprising to see the size of the racks on some of the deer. Thanks, again. Cant wait to share the video. Regards, J

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Reminds me of The Jungle Book when that bear Baloo gets his scratching going on. Makes me want to start singing "Bear Necessities"!

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

It's the newest fad with bears..

Wait until they all hear about twerking
hahaha

top topics

join