It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is killing Bald Eagles in Utah?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
So far 16 have died, four are under treatment. There was a news piece on one of the networks last night.
So far the cause has not been determined .The sick animal stories seem to be increasing.

Here is a link to the news article.

www.sltrib.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Pollution ?
Toxins ?
Chemicals ?
Pesticides ?
Radiation ?
Deforestation ?
Loss of habitat ?
Lack of clean water ?

.... take your pick

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I am going to assume head tremors are seizures. And lower extremity paralysis - maybe parasites? However - these raptors have been contending with parasites forever so maybe not. They eat about anything so it could take awhile if not a toxin or parasite. Scientists will need to waste no time testing fish, other birds, mice, water, etc.. What are the stomach contents of those who have died?

If they are having paralysis it's getting to their central nervous system whatever it is (head tremors as well). How sad. How many of their young are dying because they can't get to them? And we sure can't save them - too remotely located. Let's hope they ID the cause quickly and it is something simple like a toxin that can be isolated and cleaned up. An I don't know answer or delays could mean the end of these dinosaurs. Maybe because they're so protected the government will throw all they have at it.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
After reading this and remembering this stupid move below from Our trash America in as many ways as possible leader makes me think it isn't nature causing it possibly.

Wind farms that kill bald eagles are now protected from prosecution

And Utah has them .
Utah Wind Farms
edit on 12/29/2013 by Connman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

GMO's finally making their way up the food chain perhaps. If so, don't expect the authorities to admit it.

P

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Uh windmills

I see I am not the only one already to be aware of reality

I'd like to see a study show how many fish are killed in dams vs birds killed by windmills...
And then reassess the way our policy makers view how going green isn't really always as clean as it seems

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.vancouversun.com...
"A study by federal biologists released in September found that wind farms since 2008 had killed at least 67 bald and golden eagles, a number that the researchers said was likely underestimated. "

"WASHINGTON — The Obama administration will allow companies to seek authorization to kill and harm bald and golden eagles for up to 30 years without penalty in an effort to balance some of the environmental trade-offs of green energy. "
edit on 29-12-2013 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: added links and related thread

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Connman

reply to post by Connman

Well that's just wrong (that we have to always be putting something else at risk to fulfill our own wants and needs). Maybe the administration making these decisions needs to go camping or take a hike to remember what they are voting on. In any case - I don't think that's what's killing the ones who are showing these symptoms. Fish and wildlife would clearly see blunt trauma on them and all would have different injuries.

I am going to guess and rule out what one poster put above with deforestation and loss of habitat for whatever this is as well. There are so many trees up north that's all you see when flying - for hours in some cases. That doesn't mean these windmills aren't in their way - and loss of trees due to bugs (can't remember name of them now), won't have an Impact either today or down the road. It just seems like a toxin (micro toxin from a food source even), parasite, - something similar to this bat disease.

None of that is to say it has to be natural. Mice eats grain from barn that is moldy and gets filled up with toxins from fungus - bird eats mouse maybe it could affect them. Just an example as I have no idea if that would harm an Eagle (it would harm a human though). If it is another bat or bee like disease it will be awfully coincidental IMO (natural selection of them all now...). I don't think there would be anything natural about that.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

I'm not saying they are shot or chopped by the wind turbines although they are.
I'm saying they are poisoned with who knows what.

I searched to see how it could be done and found this link on lead poisoning.
bald-eagles-dying-of-lead-poisoning

Seems they will eat stuff like vultures do. Say gutted deer and such.

So they can be easily poisoned.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Could be symbolic divine intervention. The NSA completes it's super spy data center in Utah, and now Bald Eagles are suddenly dying... to me it symbolizes the end of the American way of life and the cause of that. Of course this doesn't mean there is not some real scientific disease. But it's all tied in together in a way that makes it one of those eery coincidences. Of course, there are no such things as coincidences. It's just sometimes we are unable to see the meaning. My two iotas...

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   

"Just like the pilgrims intended"

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   

In all honesty, I think they're commiting suicide in protest at still being the national emblem.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   

People would be the cause I imagine, either directly or indirectly.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Could it be that baits are being laid to cut down on pest species like rabbits etc and the birds are eating the poisoned animals - it's been happening here as well with campaigns to stop the use of baits like 1080 etc because it leeches into the natural waterways causing all sorts of die-offs, even posing a threat to humans using affected reservoirs for domestic water.
edit on 29/12/2013 by Pilgrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
it is an ominous sign...

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Kinda weird right now in a Australia A person on a budgie site has told me she has lost 7 budgies to a unknown disease.

quote of what she wrote about the unknown disease.

the birds get sick for about 4 days before they die and the vets are very puzzled. the autopsy only showed massive weight loss but perfect organs no disease.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Religious connection between Yahushua and the America symbol, the eagle.

It seems that on 20 Dec 2013 Utah legalised gay marriages.

So in terms of the American eagle (emblem), Utah died 9 days ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Might want to check the water bodies and fish in the area.

Fish most likely.
Salt lake, utah lake,deer creek res, willard bay, pineview ect..

If there's something in the water, its in the fish too.

Wind turbines possibly.. because flying head first into spinning blades is always healthy for birds.
edit on 29-12-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Yes - they could be hitting their heads into these things and therefore having tremors and paralysis but all at once? Maybe avian influenza? Signs in birds evidently are revealed by lack of coordination and confusion.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Dianec
Yes - they could be hitting their heads into these things and therefore having tremors and paralysis but all at once? Maybe avian influenza? Signs in birds evidently are revealed by lack of coordination and confusion.

Diet and poop would tell you id think.

As for the turbines, someone would have to study their sight so turbines could modified to be more visible. Maybe some sort of colored tape or paint that they can see and fly around at best guess.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephalim

I think eagles fly without navigating what might be in their way - no need in the past. They own the sky (or used to), so are looking for fish and other food - which they can amazingly see from their vantage point.

You make a good point on studying the birds and bringing that knowledge together with the designers of these things. They need to build them away from water sources and be more creative in their approach. Tweaking the placement (height, location, depth), while consulting on experts of these birds could provide a solution. If people would stop butting heads and try to cooperate for a common ground maybe we could see some progress.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join