It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the purpose and who built these mysterious structures in Siberia?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Nevermind
edit on 12/30/2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
This is an interesting subject, and one that has been done before. No, no photos exist. But I feel the sheer volume of these reports should attest to the idea that something like this does exist up here. These things are engrained in the local legends. Heck, even this most recent meteor event up there brought several reports of people seeing one of these things rise out of the ground and shoot the meteor out of the sky.
Do I believe that actually happened? Not for a second, but again, these things seem to be well known in that area of the world.

So what if we just grant, for the sake of discussion, that its all true? There are strange, robotic houses of steel half buried in the permafrost that serve as a sort of planetary defence shield.

OK, then shouldn't there be more of them scattered around the planet? I don't see how these cauldrons could defend the entire planet and any advanced civilization building these would obviously want to be able and shoot down any threat, no matter where it may be.

I think there is something up there, but their attributes are grossly overstated.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Interesting thread even though it is a lot of third or 4th person perspective stories.

It appears there could be radiation hazards near these objects or biological hazards. Maybe the metallic objects were there 100 years ago but were removed by the Russian government for study. I guess the other possibility is if they are still there, the objects do not show up on radar and have sunk underground or are buried by all the vegetation over time.

It's an interesting story that I believe we will never hear much more about it. If there was something to it to find, I believe the Russian government would have already found it and hidden it from the public. However our own government here in the US has lost equipment and bombs in the muck in the wilderness. I suspect no ordinary team is going to have resources to fully explore the area and if they did, it might be a secret government mission. It was interesting reading about it. I hadn't heard the story about the metal spheres. Thanks for posting.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
THe "spinning disk" story is what captured my attention as a "new detail". I had seen this hinted at in another story....and wonder what is "new detail" and what is "new embellishment".

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Pitt5767

Weird locations...what do you mean by icon in the 3rd one? I can see what you were referring to in the first two....kinda creepy.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Great thread. I never heard of this before but it is something I'm going to do a little more research on.

*thumbs up*

Star and flag!

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Pretty much all the articles I found online are similar simply because the information available is so little.

These objects seem to be on of the most remote areas on the planet, so it easy to understand why their isn't more information.

While the points covered are basically the same, this is to be expected, but the writing styles of these two paragraphs are completely different, and accusations of plagiarism is a real cheap shot. Marvelous job of lowering the bar of discourse here on ATS.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

My thoughts are along similar grounds.

How is it the the former Soviet Union, or the current Russian government have not sent a team to check out these stories?

Considerable research has been done to find creators or remnants of a asteroid from the Tunguska Event, I would think there were be more articles that put the two together, and reports from investigations of the Tunguska Event, that discuss these Cauldrons, but I don't see any of that.

As the saying goes, the void of information on the subject speaks volumes.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Stormdancer777
Russia is such a mysterious place bump

Here is another thread about a mysterious 'Russian place bump'!:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Could this mound also be one of the cauldrons?

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Rosinitiate
I've always found this story quite curious. Sadly, without anyway of gauging the age of the site(s) or what lies beneath, its impossible to know what or by whom. Assuming of course its true but when I first read about this topic it certainly resonated with me.

If they are 10-15k years old than what was the climate there at that time? I only chose that time period because it seems (at least to me) like there was much curiousness pre-diluvian all over the planet like pyramids and math and pyramids and astrology and pyramids....

There's a similar story to the Tunguska explosion, but which happened in Cadotte Pass, Upper Missouri, around 1867:

www.miqel.com...

www.rense.com...

There's also the 1833 Leonid shower:

s-media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com...

And the Chicora Meteor of 1938,
the Katavsky bolide of 1941
en.wikipedia.org...

The Great DayLight Fireball 1972
en.wikipedia.org...
These seem to match a pattern of every 34-36 years

1833, 1867, 1908, 1938/1941 1972 and 2013

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
If there was some sort of weapon there I'm sure Russia has extracted it by now. Maybe even on the verge of duplicating its technology.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Well done on bringing old knowledge to light
I am all for new threads being made of old news. As this could give our ever growing ATS,ers a chance to catch up. An mybe they will be enthusiastic enough to dig in and shed new light. Well put together,simple to read and follow the facts S&F My friend

Indisputable

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

misscurious
reply to post by stumason

After reading the article you linked and the op, have to say, you definitely derailed and ruined a good thread, for no reason. Hope your proud of yourself.

To be fair, he asked a question. The OP, instead of politely (or even tersely) replying to the question, he threw a fit and slammed the door on the way out. Then changed his mind and apologized for having a short temper. THen stormed out and slammed the door again.

The OP made a great thread. Then melted down unneccessarily and ruined it. If you write a thread and are unable to defend even the slightest challenge, you might not be hardened enough for internet interactions.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Sir, Want the truth?

All you have stated for a plausible "what happened in that event?" is not enough.

Not enough, in the sense that "they" (the ones who did it) want people to whine and complain to each other that a black hole or a H-bomb was dropped. When in reality, they weren't there and they don't know, less know where to look.

A beam. A beam of a certain kind did it.

Name? A Proton beam. The deadliest single-shot weapon on the globe.

Why? Portable, easy to carry, can be in the form of a rifle or a JAVELIN launcher, has enough destructive force to level a city.

How? When a stream of high-speed Protons are shot out, they by themselves, do little damage. When they hit a hard surface, the area that has the protons, are conglomerated, causing the area to be massively positively charged in force. Because of this massive positive charge, electrons gather in at a nano-second rate. However, arrogantly the people have been on this site, they do not know the size comparison of a Proton to an Electron. It's 1:1836. For every Proton, there is an ~1836 electrons. Now, using that mathematical equation, can you envision what it would be like if over 1,000,000 protons are packed tight into a space that they are trying to escape from each other but can't at the nano-second range? I can.

Because of the charge, electrons are gathering at a extreme rate, then finally the event happens. To put it simple, an implosion, followed quickly by an explosion of a nuclear size. However, there was something else that proves this, more like 2 points. 1. A light that can be seen all the way to London at midnight, and 2. Few years after the event, the area was highly radioactive, radioactivity is caused by an excess of positive charges.

Who told me? Joseph H. Cater, the most hated man in the world of orthodox science.

When did the event happen? 1908

Any questions?

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   

OccamsRazor04

learnatic

Nexus Magazine did a story about these things a few years ago. Cant remember much about it other than the article said they cauldrens were starting to warm up.

How do they know when a thing that has never been found starts to warm up?

According to the article, a team of scientists had gone to the region, found these things and noted what the OP described. They also noticed the metalic structures were warmer than the sourrounding ground to a level that could not be accounted for sunshine alone.

checkout nexus magazine for the article.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

www.nexusmagazine.com - "Mysteries of Siberias Valley of Death"

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
ATS expedition team assemble

why don't we get a bunch of curious ATS members get the right equipment and all go and do the research ourselves ?

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I don't know anything about this however I do know that the masses of documentation that Premier Yeltsin gave to President Clinton in 1999 included several studies of the effect.

It's in his library in Little Rock.

The Ukrainian archives located in Moldova has tons of early 20th century history. Of course it's all bound up in massive amount of Marxist/Leninist propaganda.

Good luck getting a visa to enter Moldova because your going to need it. Americans are not well liked there. They think President Obama sold them out to Putin- which of course he did.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join