It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the purpose and who built these mysterious structures in Siberia?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
The title of the thread is " What is the purpose and who built these mysterious structures in Siberia?"
The main post is mainly description, probable causes of the Tunguska Event.
Subsequent posts were about the Metallic Cauldrons found in Siberia.

I am wondering - what are these mysterious structures the OP is talking about.

If the OP is considering the metallic cauldrons of Siberia as the Mysterious Structures, could the OP provide some photographs of the same, rather than provide sketches, artist's impressions etc.? When you Google the "metallic Cauldrons in Siberia" you wouldn't get a single actual photograph. surprising.

So, is the OP up to the task of providing actual photographs of the metallic cauldrons or if the cauldrons are different from the mysterious structures, provide details, photographs of the mysterious structures then??

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Rosinitiate

If they are 10-15k years old than what was the climate there at that time? I only chose that time period because it seems (at least to me) like there was much curiousness pre-diluvian all over the planet like pyramids and math and pyramids and astrology and pyramids....

I'm not sure there's any reason at all to suppose that they are 10-15k old, any more that 100-150 years old.

However, 10-15k ago the climate of Siberia would have been transitional between the cold but dry climate of the last glacial, and the similarly cold but much wetter climate of today. If they were that old, they may have been built before the ground became the wet bogs of today - and thus they may have either sunk into the wetter ground or, more likely, blanket bog has grown up to cover them.

However, I suspect these features are most likely natural rock formations of some sort.

There was an interesting article in Fortean Times a few years ago:

www.forteantimes.com...

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by coredrill

There are no photographs. There is no real evidence they exist. When asked to be brought to them the natives that apparently claim they exist, can not find them.

Make of that what you will.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   

That's the thing.
There are no photographs of the supposed structures.

There are only sketches, and stories, and the one "expedition" covered in the video I posted that seems to have only found some spooky puddles of water the expedition crew hadn't the tools to properly investigate other than by poking at with a stick and making proclamations of assumption that the spooky puddles of water were covering something metallic and hollow.

The only sources that seem to have any mention of the place are all very fringe related and thus questionable.

We are thus at the mercy of unreliable sources, and time in waiting for someone to go out to this conveniently extremely remote and challenging location with more than a stick.

A geiger counter and high-end metal detector might qualify as pro-tip equipment choices in consideration of the mythologies attached these supposed structures.
GPR tossed in might do as well. That last "expedition", did, however, have the right idea with taking a paraglider as such would beat stomping around in a marsh blindly at ground level.

eh.

It'd probably be more economical to wait for someone to invent a sufficiently powerful Ground Penetrating Radar device that can be carried in an aircraft to survey large areas quickly.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Op you forget 1 recently...
"It" Shoot down Chelyabinsk too

Very nice brain warming sir! SNf ..I will start googling about this..

Any one want to make team to go there? I go with you..

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

Bring diving equipment ...

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   

ignorant_ape

hey - to be cynical - how about empirical evidence of their existence - as a starting point for any investigation ????

all we have is drawings from the 19th century and annecdotes

now if someone could locate one and start a rigorous scientific investigation ???

If they existed, they`d have disappeared at the hands of the all-consuming KGB long ago.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Its rare that something is posted here that Ive never seen before.

The whole thing has a kind of "subterranean civilization" feel to it.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Thank you for this, I will be having a more in depth look when I have more time.

My biggest initial thought is that the govs would not leave something as curious as this to joe public. With all the satellites we have, wouldn't this area have been at least looked over to locate and map the mysterious domes? I am thinking they wouldn't let even a remote chance of 'technological info' go without at least trying to find it and then dismantling it. However, there is a mystery and it's very intriguing.

When we look away from the daily grind that we seem to be constantly battling with we realise just how fascinating this planet really is.

S&F for your hard work and presentation. Thank you.

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   

coredrill
The title of the thread is " What is the purpose and who built these mysterious structures in Siberia?"
The main post is mainly description, probable causes of the Tunguska Event.
Subsequent posts were about the Metallic Cauldrons found in Siberia.

I am wondering - what are these mysterious structures the OP is talking about.

If the OP is considering the metallic cauldrons of Siberia as the Mysterious Structures, could the OP provide some photographs of the same, rather than provide sketches, artist's impressions etc.? When you Google the "metallic Cauldrons in Siberia" you wouldn't get a single actual photograph. surprising.

So, is the OP up to the task of providing actual photographs of the metallic cauldrons or if the cauldrons are different from the mysterious structures, provide details, photographs of the mysterious structures then??

Is it not obvious the mysterious structures im talking about are the cauldrons? There are no other structures spoken about.. The tunguska event ties in with the earth defence system theory because this event and the cauldrons are in the same area.. did you even read all of the thread?

If there were photographs of the cauldrons.. do you not think I would have posted them?

None of your points are valid and im intrigued at your true motives behind that post.

We cannot just dismiss something that easily because there are no photos.. there are enough legends and witness accounts to suggest there is something to this story. finding one of these objects is not an easy task because of the terrain and conditions.

If we as a human race had a mentality like this guy we would never have made any discoveries, would never had explorers and mapped the world, would never made most of the inventions we currently have, would never have science or quantum physics, basically we would never have evolved.

Thanks for eveyones positive comments.. when I read those it makes taking the time and effort of putting this thread together worth it..

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
A+ to the OP on this thread for effort!

My take on this situation is that the Russian gov't would have long since investigated this phenomenon and if there had been anything there out of the ordinary, it would have been classified, hidden by the KGB, a Russian Area 51 type area around it created or whatever, to keep it out of the public domain.

Nevertheless, I would like to see a team with 'proper' equipment investigate further into this. If there WERE hostile aliens out there, an underground defensive base would be a logical precaution in the long term. But I doubt that's the situation but one can speculate...

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I love this. It's a very intriguing mystery. I recall seeing a documentary not to long ago on this subject, It might have been the Ancient Aliens episode from AliceBleachWhite's post but due to web restrictions I am unable to view the video to recall if that's what I remember. Great OP and read. S&F for rekindling an old interest that I have forgotten about. Time to head over to Google and start digging.

Have a good day.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
S&F
Got me old brain humming again.
This is a age old story that has no real end, but leves more questions then answers...
Nice work Sir !

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Gentleman,

The Tunguska Blast is quite well known on ATS as well as numerous Mysterious subject forums and to the scientific minded too.
You started the post with a huge post on the Tunguska explosion listing out the probable causes, i admit, in a very good format.

But, if you feel that I have not appreciated your effort in creating such a good looking post, sorry, i am not moved by it to exclaim "Wow. What a wonderful post. S&F"
I am moved by content, not the format.
In your second post, you went on to discuss about the Metallic Cauldrons, another subject quite well discussed on ATS. Not convinced? Do a search function then.

Being an Engineer, i need to grasp facts. Not air.
There is a mighty difference between 2nd hand information and 3rd/4th/5th/6th hand information.
The information you posted regarding the Metallic Cauldrons is 3rd/4th/5th/6th or perhaps umpteenth hand information.
When making a statement or a claim, one is expected to provide some evidence to prove that what you say is true.

I asked whether you have any photographs. to which your answer is No and Make what you want.

Sorry, i will detail my questions -
1. Do you have any links to any technical analysis or chemical test reports of the composition of the Metallic Cauldrons?
2. Have you considered Mineral deposits thru geothermal means as a cause for any metallic depressions on the Siberian permafrost areas?
3. What makes you think that these are metallic cauldrons itself? is it a belief or blind faith or any such psychological basis? or do you believe that these are metallic cauldrons indeed, by virtue of technical , chemical and other analyses?

Now, if you still feel sad that i didn't praise your post, here goes

" Good formatted post! keep it up. But try to make viable / real content"

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I don't know why people just don't go out there in a helicopter, no need to trek for days through tough terrain.

If such things do exist we would have to consider either an alien technology introduced to our planet or an advanced Atlantis type civilization.

I do find the story's about metal that cant be cut hard to swallow though, reminds me of Adamantium!

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

The strange metal cauldrons
the most fascinating mystery of all is a strange legends and tales from Siberia are the strange dome-shaped structures, located in an area aptly named 'The Valley Of Death'

S & F

Wow, I sleep in and miss the show. I thought this was well written and very nicely presented. This is exactly the type of speculative thread that drew me to this ATS in the first place. I like how you've tied a real world event in with a local legend. I too have wondered about this scenario. I've often said that in most legends there may be the tiniest kernel of truth.

Hopefully someday we'll know for sure either way.

I'll be looking forward to more of your contributions.

edit on 29-12-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I think the clue in the title "mysterious" means we have a mystery on our hands! If you have solid evidence, then there is no mystery, this would be in the alternative news section instead.

Whilst it isn't clear EXACTLY what is there, what the OP was getting at is that there is SOMETHING there that the natives fear, and people have reported sickness after sighting.

Even if they are 3rd or 4th hand reports, there was definitely an original report referring to something based on what has actually emerged.

No sense of adventure or wonder
I appreciate the need for solid facts but you shouldn't pawn it off as complete BS just because there aren't, how do you find facts in the first place otherwise??

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Most of the population live in the South along the Trans Atlantic Railway.

*Trans-Siberian Raiway.

Ps: interesting thread! S&F

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Really nicely presented thread.

I actually made a thread on this subject a while ago on a different board. I'll post it here in case people find the information in that one useful, although much of it is the same.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 29-12-2013 by Chonx because: spelling correction

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I recall reading about the Siberian Valley of Death in Nexxus magazine several years ago. It is a story that grabbed my imagination.

Thanks for bringing it up, and adding in a couple of new piees of information for me. A nice read for Sunday morning.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join