It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the purpose and who built these mysterious structures in Siberia?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+131 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Siberia is a region in Russia that covers almost all of North Asia, it stretches from the Arctic Ocean all the way to Kazakhstan, Mongolia and China. It makes up 77% of Russia's territory and has a population of approximately 40 Million (28% of Russia's population)
Most of the population live in the South along the Trans Atlantic Railway.

The Siberian taiga is a vast stretch of barren coniferous forest, unspoiled by humans and the least explored place on earth, more than 100,000 sq km in western Yakutia are completely uninhabited. With no trails and a terrain of mostly thick forest, uprooted trees, sprawling swamps and swarms of mosquitoes.
This vast, wild, impassable land contains all kinds of unexplained mysteries..

(The first part of the thread will cover the Tunguska event and some of the theories surrounding the event, those that choose to skip this part can do so by going straight to the 2nd post)

The Tunguska Event
June 30th 1908 at 07:14am in a remote region of Russia, an explosion was equivalent to 40 megatons of TNT or 1,000 times the force of the atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima was recorded in the Siberian region of Tunguska. It is estimated the event knocked down some 80 million trees over an area of 2,150 square kilometres (830 sq mi) in a radial pattern, and that the shock wave from the blast would have measured 5.0 on the Richter scale.

Yet there was no crater or any evidence of what had exploded.

"I was sitting on the porch of the house at the trading station, looking north. Suddenly, in the north... the sky was split in two, and high above the forest the whole northern part of the sky appeared covered with fire. I felt a great heat, as if my shirt had caught fire. At that moment, there was a bang in the sky, and a mighty crash. I was thrown twenty feet from the porch. The earth trembled."

www.xzone-radio.com...

Whatever happened, the resulting devastation was enormous. A huge fireball as bright as the sun was seen streaking across the sky, people that were more than 300 miles away heard deafening bang, Seismic vibrations were recorded by instruments as far away as 600 miles, fires burned for weeks on end, forty miles from the impact people were thrown to the ground and knocked unconscious. The explosion sent an atmospheric shockwave twice around the world and turned night into day across Europe.
Britain was lit for several days by a beautiful white and yellow sky, bright enough for midnight games of cricket and golf across the country. In a letter to a newspaper, one reader wrote: “I myself was aroused from sleep at 1.15am, and so strong was the light at this hour, that I could read a book by it quite comfortably. At 1.45am, the whole sky was a delicate salmon pink, and the birds began their morning song.”
Afterwards there were several effects recorded some of which include:- disturbances in the Earth's magnetic field, geomagnetic storms, reversal of soil magnetization, aurora displays before and after the event, an electromagnetic pulse, bright night sky before and after, genetic mutations in plants and animals, accelerated growth of plants, radiation burns to exposed people.

Although unproven what caused the explosion there are many theories. The most likely and widely accepted theory is a comet or meteorite, mainly because it is the most logical explanation. Although the area has had many expeditions, no one has ever found a crater.

Before this event, it was never considered that an asteroid could explode in the atmosphere before striking the ground. Because no crater was ever found it is hypothesised this is what happened, the fragments of the asteroid would have been reduced to gravel and dust thus leaving little or no evidence. The only fragments that have been found from the event are tiny glass nodules embedded into the fallen trees. It is estimated the asteroid would have weighed in excess of 100,000 tons to cause such devastation.
If it were an asteroid and happened to strike the planet just 4 hours and 47 minutes later (because of the Earth's rotation), it would have wiped out St. Petersburg, which was the Russian capital at that time.

But... It would be no fun here on ATS if we just stuck to the most widely accepted theories especially since many other possible causes have emerged, some of which are slightly wacky and some are completely plausible.

Encke's Comet
This one is a plausible explanation, it states that a 100,000 ton fragment of Encke's comet exploded in mid air. Because no debris was ever found the explosion would be consistent with a comet which are usually a mixture of loose ice and stone. The explosion would have left very little evidence, which does add weight to the theory it was a comet that day in june.

An unusual techtonic event
This idea was theorised by Russian scientist Andrei Yu. Ol'khovatov. It is an interesting idea that the Tunguska event was a geophysical event which was associated with tectonic processes. In other words a powerful earthquake in which the enormous pressures caused the recorded atmospheric effects.

A methane gas explosion
This theory is the brainchild of a physicist at Bonn university in Germany, Wolfgang Kundt. He suggests that 10 million tons of methane gas from deep within the Earth could have erupted in a massive explosion. Kundt believes a similar eruption could have occured off the seabed of Norway at Blake Ridge.

A black Hole
This idea is not one of the most popular, were not even sure whether such small black holes exist, even if they did we wouldn't have a clue what the effect would be if one entered our atmosphere.

Anti Matter
Another idea readily dismissed by mainstream scientists, as it is unlikely that antimatter would be able to transverse space and reach our planet without already encountering some matter and annihilating.

A crashed UFO
A big theory in the conspiracy world but highly unlikely. There is no evidence or fragments of an alien spacecraft.. Unless all the evidence was destroyed in the explosion...

ET attack
Another unlikely scenario that is widely rubbished, it suggests we were attacked and an explosion caused in a highly unpopulated area as a warning to the people of Earth.

2000 year old spacecraft
This is one of the more wackier theories that a Japanese nuclear space craft returning home after 2000 years missed the runway and exploded. The less said about this one the better..

A Tesla experiment
A Tesla experiment gone wrong? As I'm sure alot of you know about Tesla and his experiments with electricity. There are conspiracies that the this event was caused by an experiment of one of his super weapons.

An Earth defence system
One of my favourite theories which although extremely unlikely is one of the most entertaining. It is the idea that people believe the Earth is being defended by a protection system in this region, that is some kind of super weapon that protects the Earth from whatever may threaten us. i.e asteroids, comets, ET attacks.
Which brings us nicely to the next part of the thread and another mystery from the region which has helped fuel this theory of us being protected by aliens or people from inne
edit on Mon Dec 30 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

+32 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
The strange metal cauldrons
the most fascinating mystery of all is a strange legends and tales from Siberia are the strange dome-shaped structures, located in an area aptly named 'The Valley Of Death'

Local traditions from the nomadic Evenks and Yakutians who wander these weird valleys have described 'iron houses' (kheldyu) they are hemispherical, smooth, reddish copper like in colour and they protrude from the frozen ground. They are said to be forged out of an unknown metal which has razor sharp edges and are incredibly hard and have an opening in the top. There are also descriptions that say these odd structures have a winding stairwell which leads down to a circular gallery with several metal rooms, they are said to be warm inside despite temperatures of -40 outside.
The locals refer to them as olguis (upturned cauldrons) although many have tried no one has ever been able to cut of a fragment.

The native Yakutans have also noticed some of the cauldrons have been sinking in to the ground and disappearing leaving behind large circular patches of odd vegetation.
People who have come into contact with these structures have reported head spinning and getting struck down by a strange fatal illness.
Tribal elders have declared these areas cursed and tell of ancient legends of demons of the taiga, Niurgun Bootur and Tong Duurai but the truth is nobody knows the origin, purpose or who built these strange structures.

Reports on these structures have not only come from local people, but from people who have travelled through the area and stumbled across the cauldrons.
In 1935 a trader called Savvinov traded on the route, brought his grand daughter to one of these structures. The old man led her to a small, slightly flattened reddish arch which had a spiral passageway and had several metal chambers in where they spent the night, even though outside was the harshest of weather conditions outside it was as warm as summer inside the chamber.
Local hunters would also sleep in these rooms, but they began to fall seriously ill, and some that stayed several nights in these rooms eventually died, even animals and other wildlife would not go near these structures.

In 1936 a geologist guided by tribe elders came across one of these iron houses, he described it as smooth metal hemisphere, reddish in colour, protruding from the ground with such sharp edge it cut a fingernail. Its walls were about 2cm thick and it stuck out of the ground approximately a fifth of its diameter. It stood leaning over and was possible to ride a reindeer underneath it.
Then in 1979 an archaeological expedition from the Yakutsk regional centre attempted to find the hemisphere he had discovered. They had a local guide who had seen the structure several times when he was young but they were unable to locate it as the area had changed greatly in the years since he had been there. It has to be said though, due to the area and its unspoiled overgrown fauna, you could be within 2 metres of something and not notice it.

Recorded by N. D. Arkhipov, a researcher into the ancient cultures of Yakutia:

"Among the population of the Viliuy basin there is a legend from ancient times about the existence in the upper reaches of that river of bronze cauldrons or olguis. This legend deserves attention as the areas that are the supposed location of the mythical cauldrons contain several streams with the name Olguidakh — 'Cauldron Stream'."

from a letter penned in 1996 by another person who visited the Valley of Death. Mikhail Koretsky from Vladivostok wrote:

"I was there three times. The first time was in 1933, when I was ten—I travelled with my father when he went there to earn some money—then in 1937, without my father. And the last time was in 1947 as part of a group of youngsters. "The 'Valley of Death' extends along aright-hand tributary of the Viliuy River.

In point of fact it is a whole chain of valleys along its flood lands. All three times I was there with a guide, a Yakut. We didn't go there because life was good, but because there, in the back of beyond, you could pan for gold without the threat that at the end of the season you'd be robbed or get a bullet in the back of your head. Perplexing Cauldrons of Strange Metal "As for mysterious objects, there are probably a lot of them there, as in three seasons I saw seven of those 'cauldrons'. They all struck me as totally perplexing: for one thing, there was their size—between six and nine metres in diameter. "Secondly, they were made of some strange metal.

Everyone has written that they were made of copper, but I'm sure it isn't copper. The thing is that even a sharpened cold chisel will not mark the 'cauldrons' (we tried more than once). The metal doesn't break off and can't be hammered. On copper, a hammer would definitely have left noticeable dents. But this 'copper' is covered over with a layer of some unknown material resembling emery. Yet it's not an oxidation layer and not scale—it can't be chipped or scratched, either. "We didn't come across shafts going down into the ground with chambers. But I did note that the vegetation around the 'cauldrons' is anomalous—totally different from what's growing around. It's more opulent: large-leaved burdock; very long withes; strange grass, one and a half or two times the height of a man.

In one of the 'cauldrons', the whole group of us (six people) spent the night. We didn't sense anything bad, and we calmly left without any sort of unpleasant occurrences. Nobody fell seriously ill afterwards. Except that three months later, one of my friends lost all his hair. And on the left side of my head (the side I slept on), three small sore spots the size of match-heads appeared. I've tried to get rid of them all my life, but they're still with me today.

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Mon Dec 30 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

+20 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
in 1853, R. Maak, a noted explorer of the region, wrote:

"In Suntar [a Yakut settlement] I was told that in the upper reaches of the Viliuy there is a stream called Algy timirbit (which translates as "the large cauldron sank") flowing into the Viliuy. Close to its bank in the forest there is a gigantic cauldron made of copper. Its size is unknown as only the rim is visible above the ground, but several trees grow within it…"

One interesting story that came from an Evenki hunter in 1971, claimed to have found an "iron burrow" in the ground which he saw the bodies of skinny, black, one eyed beings in "iron costumes" no one at the time believed him even though he was willing to show anyone who was interested.

Also when building the dam on the Viliuv just below Erbiie the builders created a diversion canal and drained the main channel. Here they discovered a metal spot. A quick inspection by the project managers and deadlines approaching orders were given to continue the work and the anomaly was lost. Many other stories have been told about these cauldrons but without precise co ordinates they would be impossible to find in the thick growth and permafrost.

Yakut legends contain many references blazing spheres, fiery whirlwinds and explosions, which are often associated with the metal structures in the valley of death. One such legend is of a huge fireball that bursts out of the ground and either flies of somewhere or explodes above its exit point which is said to scorch the desert and shatter rocks for hundreds of kilometres.
One description is of a fast flying fire that flew from the iron orifice and soared upwards into a thin column of fire. At the top of this a large fireball appeared. Four claps of thunder were heard it flew higher before flying of leaving a trail of smoke and fire. Explosions from this object could be heard in the distance.

Another legend from the area talks about one of these structures making unpleasant, ear splitting noises as it slowly disappeared underground. Which also talks about three tiers of laughing chasms and underneath an underground country that contained its own waning sun. A choking stench would then rise from the orrifice and from a distance people could see a rotating island appear above the opening. This was sometimes described as a banging lid, some people ventured toward it to get a closer look but never returned.
Another legend is of a gigantic fireball emerging from the opening with a thunderous roar and exploding overhead. This was followed by a tremendous earthquake and a disc like rotating island appearing above it. The effects of the explosion could be felt for more than a thousand kilometres even cracking hills and mountains. Those that escaped the blast succumbed to strange illnesses.

This is a report by the Dutch Ambassador, Baron de Bij, which I. V. Bogatyrev found in the State Naval Archive of the USSR

On 2 (13) April 1716, on the second day after the Easter festival, around 9 in the evening there appeared in a pure, cloudless sky a most brilliant meteor, the gradual development of which is attached hereto.
In the north eastern part of the sky there rose first from the horizon a very dense cloud, pointed towards the top and broad at the base. It rose so quickly that in no more than three minutes it reached half the height to the zenith.

At the very moment when the dark cloud appeared, in the north west there appeared a huge shining comet that rose to 12º above the horizon, and then from the north another dark cloud arose, from the west, rapidly rising to the cloud that approached it somewhat slower. Between these two clouds in the northeast a bright light formed in the shape of a column, that for several minutes did not change its position, while the cloud that appeared from the west moved to meet it with exceptional speed and collided with the other cloud with such terrible force that [there was] a broad flame in the sky from their collision and [this] was accompanied by smoke, while the glow extended from the north east right to the west. The real smoke ascended to 20º above the horizon, while the rays of flame intersected it constantly in all directions, just as if there was a battle taking place between many navies and armies.

This prodigy continued for a full quarter of an hour in its most dazzling form and then began to dim little by little and finished with the appearance of a host of bright arrows that reached to 80º above the horizon. The cloud that had appeared in the east dispersed. After it, the other vanished completely, so that by 10 inthe evening the sky had again become clear and shone with glistening stars.
One cannot imagine how terrifying this phenomenon was at the moment when the two clouds collided, when they both shattered, as it were, from the mighty blow, and when they were also accompanied with exceptional speed by a host of small clouds headed westwards. The flame that flew from them was like claps of thunder, exceptionally bright and dazzling.

In the 1950's the soviet military took an interest in this area, they conducted a series of nuclear tests there, one of which caused another mystery. In September 1991 a German radio station reported that a 10kg nuclear device was being tested in 1954, for some unknown reason the explosion exceed calculations by 2,000 - 3,000 reaching 20 - 30 megatons. Such a huge discrepancy in the power of the device remains unclear.
After the tests, restricted zones were established and secret work was carried out for years.

So what are these mysterious domes? what purpose do they have?

Some people believe these cauldrons are the remains of UFO's, that were pertly destroyed in an ancient aerial battle others believe they are connected to a power plant located deep within the earth, a massive weapon that protects our planet from dangers in space.
They were built by extra terrestrials in ancient times and have already shot down the Tunguska meteroite in 1908, The Chulym meteroite in 1984 and the Vitim meteroite in 2002.

Whatever they are, to me is one of the greatest mysteries in the 'conspiracy' world. This area is truly wild, remote and dangerous, searching for one of these things would be like looking for a needle in a very big haystack. So the idea they exist is entirely plausible, where they came from and their purpose is the real question here.

Just before I finish off here, i'd like to add a couple of interesting witness reports from the Tunguska event.

G. K. Kulesh, who was an observer at a weather station in Kirensk, about 460 kilometres from the site of the Tunguska explosion

At 7.15 am, a fiery pillar appeared to the northwest, about four sagens [over 8 metres] in diameter in the shape of a spear. When the pillar disappeared, five strong brief bangs were heard, like cannon shots following quickly and distinctly one after another. Then a dense cloud appeared at that place. About 15 minutes later, the same sort of bangs were heard again; another 15 minutes later they were repeated. The ferryman, a former soldier and generally an intelligent, worldly-wise man, counted 14 bangs in three groups.

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
[url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thre
edit on Mon Dec 30 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
A. K. Kokorin, who was an observer at a weather station on the River Kezhma, about 600 km from the Tunguska explosion site.

At 7 am, two fiery circles [spheres] of gigantic size appeared to the north; 4 minutes after appearing, the circles disappeared; soon after the disappearance of the fiery circles a loud noise was heard, similar to the sound of the wind, that went from north to south; the noise lasted about 5 minutes; then followed sounds and thundering, like shots from enormous guns,that made the windows rattle. Those shots continued for 2 minutes, and after them came a crack like a rifle-shot. These last sounds lasted 2 minutes.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Mistake post
edit on 28/12/13 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I've always found this story quite curious. Sadly, without anyway of gauging the age of the site(s) or what lies beneath, its impossible to know what or by whom. Assuming of course its true but when I first read about this topic it certainly resonated with me.

If they are 10-15k years old than what was the climate there at that time? I only chose that time period because it seems (at least to me) like there was much curiousness pre-diluvian all over the planet like pyramids and math and pyramids and astrology and pyramids....

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Wow very intruiging thread. Flag and star and Ill bump if this isnt a popular thread by tomorrow.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
s&f for a great read i remember hearing about this years ago and reading dr valery uvarov's work in the mysteries of siberias valley of death .

strange accounts those locals gave about the legends of that area and the 1908 event

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Nicely Done! Very well put together SnF! The event at Tunguska has always intrigued me. That so much land is unexplored is intriguing to say the least. There is no telling what history lies in that area and yet to be found. Someday we will have the answers to some of these events but I think most will lay asleep long past us.

Again, very nicely done.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Sweet OP, I've looked into these a while back, but with all the topics on ATS, I moth balled it.. I'm glad you've done a thorough thread on this subject.. I'm really curious as to the different directions the ATS community takes this..

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Very nice thread OP! This story has fascinated me for a very long time now. Especially with the expedition team that went out looking for the metal cauldrons and the lead investigator got radiation sickness when they got close, well, thought to have gotten close...

With Siberia, there is so much vastness out there, and I'm sure much of it has gone pretty desolate for many years/decades/centuries... Who knows what's really out there? I wish there were more expeditions out there nowadays to put some of these myths to test.

S&F- This thread has front page ATS written all over it

edit on 28-12-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Lot of work put into research for this thread. S&F

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
One of my favorite mysteries! Very well done,Op!
Thank you...S&F!

P.S. What does 'bump a post' mean?
edit on 60000001010America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

hey - to be cynical - how about empirical evidence of their existence - as a starting point for any investigation ????

all we have is drawings from the 19th century and annecdotes

now if someone could locate one and start a rigorous scientific investigation ???

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
The strange metal domes are fascinating, unfortunately there appears to be no information about them. They could not exist, or exist and their properties greatly exaggerated, or exist as described. It would be interesting to find true professionals who have studied them. I have a feeling what they find would be disappointing though.

+19 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Here's a clip for Ancient Aliens discussing these supposed structures:

Supposedly there was a recent expedition, as reported in the video above, to find these 'cauldrons', and the expedition even took a paraglider to do air survey. All, however, that was found were spooky pools of water in swamp area, and the expedition leader made a big deal about getting mysteriously sick for no apparent reason.

In other words, they got more than two whole hand fulls of NOTHING.

It would, however, be interesting if anything came of it.
However, it's also interesting how whenever cases like these pop up and are investigated with modern technology, nothing ever comes from it.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Well put together OP
I like the theory of the Earth defence Weapon as well.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
S + F for the well-written post. Good stuff man. Thanks

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Just a thought, if indeed these metal cauldrons exist.

It's possible these aren't seperate structures, but of one massive structure completely buried underground. It rises up now and then and these eyelids or cauldrons pop up. If they're all about 2 to 3 ft under water.

A nuclear submarine or facility or something that ran aground where more water once was.

edit on 29-12-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing bud! I never heard the part about the bodies of one eyed beings before. That part, if true, makes me think robotic. Because the bodies would decompose right? And a robot really only needs one eye right? Or are two still required for perspective, depth perception? Interesting stuff. I wish someone would figure this out though before they sink all the way down. Maybe they are already gone underground as evidenced by the claims of recent expeditions finding only pools of water that when poked with a stick seem to have round bodies of material beneath. I wonder if the Russian gov has discovered anything else.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join