It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Homeless Man Learning To Code Is Almost Finished With His First App/ This Guys a Hero

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Wow, this guy is a hero. If more people in the world thought like this we could get somewhere. I could use someone like this in my life as well.

Patrick McConlogue is a 23-year-old Manhattan-based programmer. On his way to work each day, McConlogue passes by Leo — a homeless man who lost his job at MetLife just two years earlier.

McConlogue approached Leo one day with an offer. He would either: a.) give Leo $100 in cash or b.) give him a cheap laptop, three JavaScript books, and teach him how to code.

Leo accepted McConlogue's offer to teach him how to code, and they're four weeks into the lesson plan.

Watch to learn more about Leo and Patrick McConlogue's coding theory.

Awesome. This is a real human and not a robot.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Nice find!

I wish the world had more people like this.
Too many people will just blank a homeless person, much less take the time to teach Javascript, Lol.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
HomerinNC posted a thread about this guy a few weeks back and according to the sources there he already launched his carpooling app it costs a dollar.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

Ahhhh. Damn.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Awesome! i love these positive stories.
It reminds me of what Jesus said, excuse my ignorance if i got it wrong, " I can give you a fish to feed you for a day, or I can teach you how to fish so you can feed yourself for a lifetime" something like that.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   

muSSang
Awesome! i love these positive stories.
It reminds me of what Jesus said, excuse my ignorance if i got it wrong, " I can give you a fish to feed you for a day, or I can teach you how to fish so you can feed yourself for a lifetime" something like that.

Not sure if that's actually a quote from Jesus, but I think you have the basic idea!

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by missvicky

Wow i was sooo wrong haha.
Give a man a fish; you have fed him for a day. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime." This is an old Chinese proverb. In the Bible, Jesus said, "I will make you fishers of men."

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

muSSang
reply to post by missvicky

Wow i was sooo wrong haha.
Give a man a fish; you have fed him for a day. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime." This is an old Chinese proverb. In the Bible, Jesus said, "I will make you fishers of men."

You got that wrong!

Jesus actually said "Cod and chips twice".

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Why is this surprising?

He worked hard to learn new skills and now he creates apps that can give him an above average income.

This man that is homeless what America is all about.

I should work as hard as that guy at what I do.
edit on 5-1-2014 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join