It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you ever be too Wealthy?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

That's not precisely true the cost gets absorbed into Taxpayers dollars, that's Taxpayers dollars not money from the Prince Phillip wild life fund.

We all pay taxes, don't we? Paying taxes wasn't the topic. The topic was about being too wealthy. You (or someone) proposed forcing people to allow [insert here] to confiscate any and all assets or wealth over a certain amount that [insert here] deems necessary. First of all, if you don't see any real issue or abuse with that last statement, I am truly frightened. Second...my previous post was about seeing you put your money where your mouth is. It was about seeing you and your friends, family freely give up anything or everything that someone else thinks you should because you have too much. I want to see if you feel the same about this matter if YOU PERSONALLY are forced to give something up. You keep dodging the question...

Elaborate on the good things you will be doing?

Je suis désolé, mon ami...but I will not answer this question. When I do my good deeds, I do them because I serve a greater master than myself. I don't do it for recognition, to stroke my ego, or to win your (or anyone else's) approval. Maintaining secrecy in this respect is very important...vitally important...to me.
edit on 29-12-2013 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

We all pay taxes, don't we? Paying taxes wasn't the topic. The topic was about being too wealthy. You (or someone) proposed forcing people to allow [insert here] to confiscate any and all assets or wealth over a certain amount that [insert here] deems necessary

That was another posters idea.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Second...my previous post was about seeing you put your money where your mouth is. It was about seeing you and your friends, family freely give up anything or everything that someone else thinks you should because you have too much. I want to see if you feel the same about this matter if YOU PERSONALLY are forced to give something up. You keep dodging the question...

Well who is the real wealthy person here you or me. What would forcing to give up lets say half your assests do to your sustaining YOUR long term lifestyle?

(a) negligible impact
(b) moderate impact
(c) large impact

Im category (c), which one are you?

Je suis désolé, mon ami...but I will not answer this question. When I do my good deeds, I do them because I serve a greater master than myself

I dont doubt you do great deeds. If you cant specify the deeds then elaborate on your greater master?
edit on 29-12-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
The problem is that a system has been created where poverty is something to be worried about and so people run as far as they can in the direction of being wealthy. It is logical for a person to therefore want as much money as possible. However I believe a person can be too wealthy both for themselves but more importantly for everyone else. I have said on here before that a cap on wealth would be a good and freeing thing for society and it would eliminate a lot of poverty. It would reduce the inequality in the world. Another problem I suppose is inherited wealth. Generational superich have too much power and lets be honest one person inheriting a fortune and another nothing but through no bad or good deeds of their own, is unfair.

I suppose the real problem is money. The use of a medium of exchange some people believe even predated modern humans on this planet. We need it like air. Even communism couldn't do without it: so does that mean that communism was really a form of capitalism? There is no escape from that. Perhaps money that cannot be saved up but must be used would make a difference: but then people would find stuff which would act as a means of saving up wealth. One idea someone had was money that lost value as time went on: but as we already have depreciation and still money is passed on and hoarded there seems little use for that.

The only solution seems to be a cap on wealth: worldwide. There would be great resistance and we would have to make sure that those with huge landed estates wouldn't find a way of keeping the estates their own. It does occur to me that many people with estates: the landed gentry: have either given the estates to the national trust which means they don't own it but get to live in it free, or have it all intrust which means legally they have access but don't own it.

I suppose the Richard Bransons and other billionaires would hate to see the wealth they call theirs being taken from them. But what possible use can one man have with that wealth. Also a problem is social class a person who goes to a boarding school even with no money has a great chance of becoming rich due to their connections. So to really address the problem we must get rid of cronysim too: the rich and powerful will not give their wealth away, we must put the ordinary man and woman in the position of power first.

I think a cap of 100 million would even then be a lot. Perhaps an even lowe cap of 10 million. When this occured you would find that money would go further and there would be even less need for any more. It would change the world for the better.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by werewolf99

I think a cap of 100 million would even then be a lot. Perhaps an even lowe cap of 10 million. When this occured you would find that money would go further and there would be even less need for any more. It would change the world for the better.

If there was a cap the 10 million sounds reasonable limit for persons worth. I say this based on story of the multi-billionaire who gave away his fortune but kept 5 million for himself. He said 5 million was more than adequate for sustaining a single person and he couldn't wear two pairs of shoes at once.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Je suis désolé, mon ami...but I will not answer this question.

touché

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

AthlonSavage

I want to hear your honests views on money.

Does in govern your life?
How do you make it? How do you spend it? How do you plan to get more of it?

and what is an, ideal annual income for the lifestyle you live in or seek?

The say money is root of all evil? Do you agree? Do you enny people who have it?

Can you ever be too Wealthy?

Hello Athlon,
I will first explain what money is to me so that there is some context to my reply.
Money is a symbol, and like all symbols it is for power. It is the ideal way to syphon 'energy' from the population.
Basically due to the 'illusion', people don't realize that the symbol of money is a medium for transferring blood and sweat equity into an objective form that can be passed around with little awareness.
A world constructed where it becomes the very building block to survive for the majority of people.
Because I have chosen to participate in the 'external system' (society), money does govern many aspects of my 'cycles'.
I had decided how many liberties I was prepared to sacrifice in order to obtain a required amount of money to support a rather simple and uncomplicated lifestyle. Just enough to pay bills but not enough that I have expectations or a lot of pressure in my job.
The ideal income for me is whatever it takes to shelter, feed and cloth myself. The actual dollar figure is unimportant as it relative to the individuals location and requirements.
I do not believe money is the root of all evil....it is nothing more than a symbol which gets abused like every other symbol. I think there has to be a medium for transferring blood sweat equity between consenting factions or people if there is to be a structured society. No matter what currency is used for this medium the result will be the same, people being in charge of governance and then corruption down the track.
I think people can live in gross excess. I would expect that is the same as having too much money. It is there choice though and if people are oblivious to the collective reality they are creating then so be it.
A human should never be given too much 'power', there is not a vessel on the planet immune to power corruption. That is the truth to me as I perceive it.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
So today I came across a comment that was quite profound on this subject. It was from a guy named Dave Ramsey. I don't know this guy or anything about him. He may be a complete flake or whatever... But his point was something so succinct that I felt compelled to post it here.

www.daveramsey.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">20 things the rich do every day

Despite these blessings, there are others who have far more than I do. The talents and treasures on this earth are not distributed equally, and that is not fair—or is it? God has chosen to give most of you better hair than me, to make Tiger Woods a better golfer than me, to make Brad Paisley a better guitarist than me, and to make Max Lucado a better writer than me. With God’s grace, I am fine with that. I am not angry at them, and I don’t think they have done something wrong by becoming successful. As I’ve matured, I’ve come to realize that God is indeed fair, but fair does not mean equal.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Fair statement however its doesn't make right unethical business practices the elite have used to climb to top. How many good men and woman lives need to be destroyed throughput history to ensure one elite family will maintain power and wealth in the present.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

And you assume that the alleged "elite" must be cheated and been unethical to get there.... God forbid someone could be successful in business and maintain morals.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

And you assume that the alleged "elite" must be cheated and been unethical to get there.... God forbid someone could be successful in business and maintain morals.

Corruption is relative, for example how corrupt and disreputable was the Rothchild who founded the family fortune to the present Rothchild.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   

AthlonSavage

Corruption is relative, for example how corrupt and disreputable was the Rothchild who founded the family fortune to the present Rothchild.

Now you are just purposely baiting me...

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Now you are just purposely baiting me...

Of course
...its a bait I know you cant and wont resist.....

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

AthlonSavage

Of course
...its a bait I know you cant and wont resist.....

I can and will resist....

See the problem I have with this thread (and others like it) is that is dehumanizes wealthy PEOPLE. Yes, they are still people. They still face pain, worry, and fear just like everyone else, albeit in a different form, but these things are relative and REAL to the people who face them.

Growing up with a silver spoon in your mouth brings its own set of challenges. You have never lived with the constant pressure of watching your parents, grandparents, or even yourself be held responsible for millions of people because you are considered a leader. You've never lived with worry that your family may be targeted for assassination. You worry about having a roof over your head. The wealthy also worry about security....just in a different fashion.

Yes, I have never had to experience to prolonged pain of hunger or cold. But I have lived with fear. I have lived with abuse. I have watched people I love waste away from drugs and alcohol, brought on by pressures they couldn't live with. I have watched people I love abuse and be abused.

Life isn't all rainbows and flowers just because you have wealth. No matter what your status in life, there are ALWAYS challenges. Embrace yours without jealousy of what others have or don't have. We all have our own burdens.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

So you are saying that wealth has brought these challenges. The thing is there are poor addicts, middle class addicts, there are poor and middle class people killed etc... People sometimes get f#cked up or are f#cked up. It is just as simple as that. It is the sae argument they use for foootballers when they screw up, when actually lots of these people formerly came from areas where many people f#'ck up in the exact same way.

It seems to me more a case of wanting to pass the blame onto something else.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

werewolf99

So you are saying that wealth has brought these challenges.

That's not what I am saying.... Not even close.

What I am saying is people have this misconception that the wealthy live on the backs of the poor and they are all happy, life is perfect, they party all the time, or a live a complete life of leisure.

What I am saying is that is NOT the case at all.... Life is NOT all sunshine and rainbows just because you have wealth. Wealthy people face and are overcome by many of the same problems as everyone else. They also live with fear, pain, and can be overburdened by worries....just as with those who have no wealth.

I am not saying that WEALTH BROUGHT THESE CHALLENGES. I'm saying people need to stop DEHUMANIZING the wealthy. They face many of the same issues, even if they don't look exactly the same.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Growing up with a silver spoon in your mouth brings its own set of challenges. You have never lived with the constant pressure of watching your parents, grandparents, or even yourself be held responsible for millions of people because you are considered a leader.

What authority do you have to know the minds of the wealthy? Yes I know you know personally a few of the extended Rockerfeller Rothchild family, but arnt you just guessing what their fears are. Did they communicate their fears to you?

I tell you what their greatest fear is, that's losing control over their fortune, and control over the millions of people you say follow them to slavery. And where exactly are the slaves following these semi sober Wealthos to?

They face many of the same issues, even if they don't look exactly the same.

They will never be evicted for not paying rent, they will never go hungry, they will never wait in a waiting que for a life giving medical operation.

edit on 4-1-2014 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I've already put more about my personal life and identity on here than I am comfortable with... I am not saying anything more. Besides, it isn't about me, personally, anyway. It's also pointless for me to continue as you cannot see past your own prejudices.

Indulge yourself in your hate-orade. Far be it from me to stop you....

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Indulge yourself in your hate-orade. Far be it from me to stop you....

Im too busy working to have the luxury of hating, unlike the wealthy who have all the time in the world to plot their control plans of hate.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I wonder if the people complaining about others wealth have ever bought a loto ticket.

If they have then they are the worst kind of hypocrite.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
money is just a representation of value. So if you serve in some way. Say you're a taxi driver, you need something in return for service, so you get money. It's just a representation of value. If you put out a lot of value you get back a lot of money and or fame.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join