It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you ever be too Wealthy?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I want to hear your honests views on money.

Does in govern your life?
How do you make it? How do you spend it? How do you plan to get more of it?

and what is an, ideal annual income for the lifestyle you live in or seek?

The say money is root of all evil? Do you agree? Do you enny people who have it?

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

money creates greed which has an effect on a person's thoughts that may negatively influence his or her actions which brings about the evils of wait a minute this is a very cheesy answer and theres going to be people that answer like this.

everybody loves money. I envy people with lot of money. You cannot be too wealthy. Whoever says otherwise is lying.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
This topic is quite subjective as you did not define what wealth is. Personally there is a huge difference between rich and wealthy. Wesley Snipes was rich, he is in jail. Wealthy people seldom go to jail. You can never be too wealthy. Money is an insulator.

Personally I like having every bill I have on auto pay and not having to worry about bills any longer. However I am not rich or wealthy. Just doing well enough to easily pay my bills while putting my money towards other endeavors.

I have business plan and USCG approval for a unique gig that is easily worth 4.5 a year in income with only about 800k out. Were it not for having 20k to spend on the project I had no chance of getting the 2 million to get it off the ground. Why? because I am not rich! I am getting the cash to do it from someone who is wealthy. They can spend two million a day for twenty years and never spend it all.....

At the other end you have poor people who make very little money and are on public aid. They have cable TV and a shower that makes hot water that they can bathe in for half an hour. Water that 1/4 of the world wishes they could drink. How poor are they really?

Poor rich or Wealthy, It is all relative to what you know and what you are used to.

edit on 28-12-2013 by Mamatus because: Gwammer and speeeeling

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

AthlonSavage

The say money is root of all evil? Do you agree? Do you enny people who have it?

The actual quote reads "FOR THE LOVE of money is the root of all evil".

Money is not evil...greed is.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Yes. People shouldn't hoard more money then they will ever use, need to spread the resources around. Only take what you need, and share the rest.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AnnKoontz

People shouldn't hoard more money then they will ever use

How much money should the average 2.5 family be allowed to hoard?

How much money should the average single person be allowed to hoard?

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

AnnKoontz
Yes. People shouldn't hoard more money then they will ever use, need to spread the resources around. Only take what you need, and share the rest.

People have different levels of wealth that makes them feel safe a secure. I might feel comfortable with a million dollars, but what about my cousin who is more conservative and needs more money for peace of mind.

What gives us the right to tell someone else how much is enough for them to feel secure?

edit on 2013/12/28 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

CleanCare
reply to post by AthlonSavage

money creates greed which has an effect on a person's thoughts that may negatively influence his or her actions which brings about the evils of wait a minute this is a very cheesy answer and theres going to be people that answer like this.

everybody loves money. I envy people with lot of money. You cannot be too wealthy. Whoever says otherwise is lying.

No everyone does not love money. The best case I can think of to show how everyone doesn't love money is the doctor that came up with the vaccine for polio. He gave it to humanity instead of selling it and he could have made millions from the sale. Greed is one of the things that leads to wars and it should be considered a mental illness.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

AthlonSavage

I hate money. It is used as a ponzi scheme and forces people to be slaves to it and only the ones controlling the scheme is free. It is not hard getting rich when you can print the money. I need money for the rent and bills and maybe a little money for a new computer every few years when they brake. Nothing more.

I do dislike people who do everything for money. They have no soul and I do not want to be them and is very happy being the opposite of them.
edit on 28-12-2013 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Money is not the root of all evil. It is a tool, plain and simple. It can be used for positive or negative things just as any other tool.

It is the love and worship of money and materialism that is evil.

A lot of people talk critically about wealthy families without any attempt at understanding them or that which they criticize. You say they don't do enough for the poor or that you would do things differently. I call it armchair quarterbacking. You fail to realize that the businesses they and their families have built are very much part of their identity. How do you expect to attack an individual's identity and accomplishments and they not feel defensive or angry? How would you feel if someone tried to take what you and your family have built and say that you are not giving enough because they would do it differently? Would you fight for your family?

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Metallicus

AnnKoontz

People have different levels of wealth that makes them feel safe a secure. I might feel comfortable with a million dollars, but what about my cousin who is more conservative and needs more money for peace of mind.

What gives us the right to tell someone else how much is enough for them to feel secure?

edit on 2013/12/28 by Metallicus because: Sp

The fact that it is our work they are feeding on to get the money?

I think of the opposite question. How much do you dare to accumulate before people and other beings get pissed of at your manipulation and take actions against you?

Having to much money is a very dangerous thing to have. Karma will always be repaid.

Greed is one of the things that leads to wars and it should be considered a mental illness.

Quote below from en.wikipedia.org...

It explains that Wendigo is actually a term the Native Americans used for the disease the white man has in his soul which causes them to want more than they need. According to the film, this disease has spread all throughout the world and the white man has redefined the word to mean Cannibal.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
You ready for this?

One should have only the wealth they are willing to work for and maintain ... money has nothing to do with it. When you start measuring wealth in $$$, you've taken a bad misstep. If you can understand what I said, you will never find yourself poor.

The problem most people have is in comparing themselves to others, in the belief that 'all men are created equal' ... which is total BS.

Consider the best of what you DO have ... and find happiness in it first. Better yourself and you will further prosper. 'Money' ain't real, so why would anyone want to acquire a lot of it?

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

I hate money. It is used as a ponzi scheme and forces people to be slaves to it and only the ones controlling the scheme is free. It is not hard getting rich when you can print the money.

What you have said here is 100% correct.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

A lot of people talk critically about wealthy families without any attempt at understanding them or that which they criticize. You say they don't do enough for the poor or that you would do things differently.

You have to Admit CiA that a lot of these wealthy families forerunners who built the families wealth were engaged in shonky and unethical business practices. I think that is the main grudge honest hardworking people have against the so called wealthy families is that they know they didn't build their wealth through honest hard work. How many honest hard working people have they ripped off to allow these families to build their wealth?

edit on 28-12-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

AthlonSavage

A lot of people talk critically about wealthy families without any attempt at understanding them or that which they criticize. You say they don't do enough for the poor or that you would do things differently.

You have to Admit CiA that a lot of these wealthy families forerunners who built the families wealth were engaged in shonky and unethical business practices. I think that is the main grudge honest hardworking people have against the so called wealthy families is that they know they didn't build their wealth through honest hard work. How many honest hard working people have they ripped off to allow these families to build their wealth?

If you want to head down that rabbit hole, what about the theft of the native Americans, Mayans, and Incans by many, many Europeans (not just the wealthy)? What about the thefts that were perpetrated against Jewish families during WW2?

There are many travesties that have happened throughout history that cannot be undone. But it would be wrong to punish current generations of people who haven't done anything wrong because of ALLEGED wrongdoings of their ancestors.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

AthlonSavage

I hate money. It is used as a ponzi scheme and forces people to be slaves to it and only the ones controlling the scheme is free. It is not hard getting rich when you can print the money.

What you have said here is 100% correct.

Unfortunately yes. I wish that people got rich thru hard work, but I cannot believe it anymore as all I can see is parasitism on the little people who have no way of controlling prices. The Politicians and bankers get you when the government spend thru creating money and they get you when they do give tax breaks on the other side. And at the same time destroying the value of the money for example on extreme house bubbles because the people are to small minded to notice how overvalued the houses are by speculation.

If I cannot with my invested time in work hours, pay for the time in "man work hours" it took to build the house and materials, then I am clearly undervalued or someone is clearly over valuating what they have produced.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

But it would be wrong to punish current generations of people who haven't done anything wrong because of ALLEGED wrongdoings of their ancestors.

But don't you see that's what happens anyway. The current generations of these wealthy families are living on the blood, sweat and tears of the current generations of people without any money/assets. A crime once is still a crime that people long after will suffer negatively from.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

There are many travesties that have happened throughout history that cannot be undone. But it would be wrong to punish current generations of people who haven't done anything wrong because of ALLEGED wrongdoings of their ancestors.

Why not? Have every man and woman start from scratch and show what they can do with their own work ethics and no system designed to make them winners and other losers. Any man and woman should have created what they have so that they really deserve it.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Why not? Have every man and woman start from scratch and show what they can do with their own work ethics and no system designed to make them winners and other losers. Any man and woman should have created what they have so that they really deserve it.

Well said, the façade of business and professional success (n my experience) is a lot of people getting wealthy are not that good at anything, they are using the talents of others. Their privilege they have has come through conducts of luck, lies, and unethical practices and having the right connection to move them into a position where they can exploit people. They certainly don't deserve the praise or wealth they have.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

AthlonSavage

THIS is what keeps you down. THIS affects YOUR happiness.

Your thread ... your question ... your comment. You missed what I said above. STOP looking at what other people have and COVETING. Do your own thing. You are wasting time and you have precious little of that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join