It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC’s Joy Reid Bashes Sarah Palin for Having a Christmas Tree...on Christmas!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Shocking to say the least !

Imagine somebody complaining about somebody else actually having a Christmas Tree !

MSNBC is a comedy show right ?

As NewsBusters has reported for years, the hatred liberal media members have for and display towards former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin knows no bounds.

On MSNBC’s Ed Show Thursday, substitute host Joy Reid castigated Palin first for having the nerve to show family pictures on Fox & Friends Christmas Eve – the horror! – but also for having a Christmas tree on -

wait for it! -

Christmas

Joy goes on and makes reference to something from the Old Testament to "solidify" the point.

Warning ! a video in the story shows intelligentsia at work !
MSNBC’s Reid Bashes Palin for Having a Christmas Tree...on Christmas!

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Does anybody with even half a brain take MSNBC seriously anymore?

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Msnbc is for screw-balls. Not even Fox is that full of brain-washing nonsense.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I am not a Palin fan (unless it's Michael Palin) but this the video made me cringe just to watch it.

Bad work, MSNBC...

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Whats wrong with christmas trees?

This doesnt have anything to do with that secularism bs does it?
edit on 28-12-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Nephalim
Whats wrong with christmas trees?

This doesnt have anything to do with that secularism bs does it?
edit on 28-12-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

Well, mostly it seems to be driven by hate, you can see that through out the entire video, but she uses the Bible to put her down. Saying that the Bible speaks out against trees. Didn't know this was a Christian news program, but whatever.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
from the article;

*****Update: Want to know what Reid also missed? Jeremiah is from the Old Testament written BEFORE Jesus was born and therefore BEFORE there were Christmas trees. So how could that section have been about someone and something that didn't exist yet?

Sadly, such logic eludes shills such as Reid.

LOL

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
MSNBC is ridiculously biased. They constantly have their liberal slogan 'Lean Forward' displayed, just in case you live in a hole and didn't know that they were sham news for the liberal machine.

I really respect Palin because she is who she is and says what she believes even though she knows she is going to be attacked for her beliefs. I don't always agree with her, but she has my respect for being true to herself. That is a rare quality in politics today.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
If you like trees put up a tree. If you don't, don't do it. Big deal.

I didn't put up a tree this christmas, had no gifts either. big woop.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

WHAT THE HELL???

WHAT THE HELL WAS PALIN THINKING?

Having a Christmas Tree on Christmas? (The bitch!)

Next thing you know, she'll be putting out a flag on Flag Day!

Why, if this kaka keeps up, she'll be cooking turkeys on Thanksgiving, dying Easter eggs on Easter, honouring veterans on Veterans Day, . . . . . it boggles the mind!

Lets beat her up and steal her lunch money!

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Wow, that was interesting.

A hate site filled with hate, complaining about the hate.

I believe the woman was trying to make a point about how SP wrote a book about Christmas. To make money. Guess quitting your job as a governor doesn't pay that well.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Has Bristol posed nude yet?

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

You're right!

How dare that bitch make money.

Lets stone her to death for bringing shame to the village!

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Some people can make an issue out of anything. They do it just for the sake of spreading negativity and creating drama. It's called borderline personality disorder.

Some people have enough common sense to ignore or rebuke comments like Reid's.

Others, who hate Palin, will eat it up and spew it back out at every opportunity, because they want more reasons--any reasons--to hate "the enemy." But critical thinking serves to idiot-proof us (proportional to how much effort we dedicate to critical thought.)

The argument used against Christmas trees is just shy of the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard from the television. But the motivation behind the argument--that takes the cake for ridiculousness.

Also, I thought liberals were against such displays of religious intolerance as ridiculing a person's expression of celebration of a holiday of their religion. But I guess this shows they aren't above using even the basest and most degrading forms of argument after all. Hypocrisy sanctions any form of attack as long as it serves the agenda.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
The verses used to bash Palin hilariously enough support Palin's belief in ONE meaning of Christmas. They are against idolatry. When the TRUE meaning of Christmas is supported, there is no idolatry. It's only when the true meaning of Christmas is ignored that idolatry and false worship creeps in.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Did you see Bristol Palin's comeback & video clip??? Ha, ha, ha!!!

newsbusters.org...

Good one Bristol!!!
WOQ
edit on 28-12-2013 by wasobservingquietly because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
IMO, one of the most entertaining things about the MSNBC dolts is their air of superiority, their
smarmy smugness. Like they get the joke and you don't. It's just like the 18 year old who thinks they're smarter than the adults. Utterly clueless people who've deluded themselves into believing they're cool....priceless.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Ahh ATS. The pretend enlightened ones (read: bunch of moaning neocons who have no concept of history).

Winter Solstice pagan holidays (Yule, or Yuletide) has been practiced long before Christianity. Christianity -adopted- the pagan holiday of yule (along with many of the traditions, one of course being wooden idols being adorned (blood, gold, etc..a x-mas tree was adopted from that bit, but it was idols initially by the norse.)) The Evergreen was considered a special plant of the sun god, Balder. (*what better way to celebrate the shortest day of the year than to give tribute to the sun god...hmm...sun god tribute turns into son of god tribute..my how times change..not)

Yes, the 12 day festival (on the first day of Christmas...etc) is a old norse custom (Odin predates Christmas by bit..crack open a history book).

The Romans:
Romans marked the solstice with a feast called the Saturnalia, in honor of Saturn (pretty sure they were talking about me), God of agriculture. They would celebrate with feasts and such, along with decorating their homes and temples with evergreen boughs

The PURITANS:
So, those super uber religious people that settled north America (omg, our forefathers..they were gods, right?) tried to stamp out "pagan mockery" of observance of Christmas. penalizing any "frivolity".

But, as late as the 1840s Christmas trees were seen as pagan symbols and not accepted by most Americans.

Source

ok, enough book learnin's, the point that was being made is that there is no specific formula to celebrate Christmas..no purist forms, none of that. No, When Jesus was born, he wasn't born under a Christmas tree freshly invented for the birth with a bunch of gifts from sears waiting under the tree....all that is endless addon and adapted bs we the people have put on.

So, yep, another wolf cry by the right. No worries though, very low information voters will be all up in arms (see above comments) about the distortion presented as a story. (oh me gurd, msnbc said xmas trees weren't invented by Christ himself on his birthday...bunch of Satanists!. lulz).

top topics

join