It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The structure of "Intentions", where do you fit and which do you feel is best and why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Goals

1) Achieve a goal for your own happiness.

- Pleasure
- Success

2) Achieve a goal for mutual happiness

- Manners
- Treating others as you'd like to be treated

3) Achieve a goal for the happiness of another.

- Charity
- Volunteering

An intention has a goal which may result in feeling in these

Intentions

Pain (- negativity), Comfort (0 neutrality), or Pleasure (+ positivity)

Traditional religion teaches that 30 (3rd intention with neutrality) is the most spiritual. In other words do things for another but let it be for their peace and comfort not for their pleasures.

The Saints, Monks, and Peacemakers usually do 30

The most materialistic or selfish do 1+ (first intention for positive feelings [pleasure])

It could be, that the most positive is 3+ (3rd intention for positive feelings [pleasure])

create energy balls with these intentions and test them out for yourself

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

a bit confused...am i the only one not comprehending this? it seems interesting

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Achieve goals for neccesity is not there.

Not all goals are about succes or happiness but just because they are needed to survive.

You need food. It can be good food (happiness or pleasure) but its main goal is providing nutrition.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

arpgme

I'm trying as hard as I can to create an energy ball, but just can't seem to make one.
What am I doing wrong? Does it matter if I wear a scarf or cowboy hat

Perhaps I'm snake bit by the phrase "the road to hell is paved with good intentions"
edit on 28-12-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

arpgme

Goals

2) Achieve a goal for mutual happiness

- Manners
- Treating others as you'd like to be treated

3) Achieve a goal for the happiness of another.

- Charity
- Volunteering

2 for it resonates well with the Golden Rule
3 with 1 it would be more associated with achieving a goal for support of another, which may generate happiness for another overall...

arpgme
An intention has a goal which may result in feeling in these

Intentions

Pain (- negativity), Comfort (0 neutrality), or Pleasure (+ positivity)

Comfort (0 neutrality),

For 0 brings peace of consciousness knowing an attempt to support is/was provided...

arpgme

Interesting...

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

All 3. With a balanced, clear heart and completely balanced ego, all 3 'intentions' are one.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

arpgme

Traditional religion teaches that 30 (3rd intention with neutrality) is the most spiritual.

Could you provide a few examples of that please?

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I'm with the neutral intent = balance "club" and uh...

...how do I make that ball?

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Energy balls are easy to create. All it takes is a little imagination...

Bypass the first minute if you want to get right into it. Not the best video on it, but you'll get the idea.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Guys, you're all overthinking this. It's the yin-yang, positive and negative, light and dark, one cannot exist without the other. If you're too selfish or too giving, it upsets the balance. Being just the right balance of each is perfect.

P.S. The balls of light aren't literal, they are a third mind visualization. My behavioral therapist read me an excerpt about the technique.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Dumbass

Survival is success, unless you do not wish to survive but do so anyway lol.

Needs come from wants, for example, because you want to survive, you need food and water.

To everyone else who asked about energy balls, there is tons of information out there. You may not "see" the energy ball but the electric feeling in your hands is easily felt.

Here is a basic website with some techniques: link

Here is my technique, it is nothing special, it's simple. Imagine you are holding a ball. The ball is like the sun in your hands, but it can be any color according to your intention and desire. You should begin to feel the energy in your hands.

So far, focusing on giving to others seems to create a powerful energy ball for me, but there are other powerful positive ones too, like appreciation for example.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
But in the end, they all bring a certain amount of satisfaction, even the ones that don't associate with any personal gain.

Let me illustrate, I once found a wad of $20 bills just lying in my apartment breezeway. I could have sorely used the extra $320, but instead, I turned them in. I got absolutely nothing out of it.

After a while, I still felt a certain amount of personal satisfaction that even when tested, I still did the right thing. I don't even know who's they were. For all I know, they belonged to someone who didn't even need them.

So, is that a positive, negative or neutral because I felt all of those things over it.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Probably I shouldn't have said happiness and succes in one sentence lol.

I don't see survival as succes. I see it as a norm. If I want food and water I could steal it from my neighbours if I would get caught I would get in prison and receive food and water. Hardly called succes even if it is payed by others. I don't steal it, not for the feeling of happiness of my neighbours, not for myself of being happy not to steal it, but just because it's the norm. I don't want others make me unhappy by stealing my stuff but that doesn't mean I'm happy with it.

If you have:

Succes vs unsuccess
Happiness vs unhappiness

It's like:

1 vs -1

But there is definetly a 0

Like previous poster Ketsuro said "neutral"

If you help someone not because they need help but just to stop the constant nagging about their problem it's not about happiness its about preventing unhappiness.

Lol maybe I'm a pessimist

top topics

join