It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of Tamban fish beach themselves at Tabisan, Sabah (Malaysia)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
While browsing the Tube I found these videos and a little digging I found the according news article.

KOTA KINABALU: Thousands of fishes splashed into the shores of Kg Tabisan in Sabah’s eastern Lahad Datu district sparking speculations of what omen it brings in the year end.

Villagers rushed to scoop up the fishes, locally known as Tamban, while others were divided over whether it was good omen or bad omen.

However, local villager Suzila Abdullah, who operates a sundry shop in the village, said that the phenomenon had been occurring in the past three years.

"But it is different this year because the number of fishes are exceptionally high.

“In the past, most would have been scooped up by the end of the day but today there is still a lot more left,’’ she said when contacted by on Tuesday.

Suzila said that she believed that strong currents and waves caused the fishes to come to shore during the current season but it only last about two or three days.

The villagers cooked the fish while some collected it and took it up to Lahad Datu and other districts to sell.

The Tamban fish is popular among villagers.

source

Both videos are from the same event at the same place.

So is it as the article stated because of the currents and waves as some locals suggest or is it an omen as other think of. With so little info on the terrain I can't form a valid opinion. But as far as I know there hasn't been any significant earthquake activity in that region.
Anyway normally we see the beached fishes. Now you see them getting beached.

Dumbass

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Interesting. I dug a little deeper and found this warning in your same source.

KUALA LUMPUR: Strong winds and rough seas classified as third category (most dangerous) are expected until Tuesday in the coastal areas of Kelantan, Terengganu, Pahang and Johor.

The Meteorological Department said strong north-easterly winds at speeds of 60kmph may cause waves measuring over 5.5 metres.

Coastal areas in the affected states can expect increased water levels to last until next Tuesday.

I think that in their situation I too would eat and store the fish.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

For sure I would grab some fish especially when as local villager Suzila Abdullah claims it happens for the last three years in the current season. I just wondered if "current" season ment "season of today" or "season of the currents in our water". But as is claimed in the article there are many more fish then in previous seasons.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Dumbass

"Tonight we eat like kings"

~Local village man

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
This is to me the sad testament of lacking the resources to safely feed feed themselves. Seriously 1000's of fish die from something and people run out and cook them for food. Who knows WTF those fish died from. Could be any manner or toxic crap in those fish. Now in those people.

Sorry I would pass on a free dead fish dinner. I thank my stars that I can.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Mamatus
This is to me the sad testament of lacking the resources to safely feed feed themselves. Seriously 1000's of fish die from something and people run out and cook them for food. Who knows WTF those fish died from. Could be any manner or toxic crap in those fish. Now in those people.

Sorry I would pass on a free dead fish dinner. I thank my stars that I can.

Thousands of fish can die from temperature changes or lack of oxygen in the water. If this happens every year seasonally I don't think it would be something toxic related, unless there is also a yearly toxic waste dump coinciding at the same time.

I don't know your diet or where you're located, but those free dead fish are probably more healthy than your average farmed fish or just about any "organic" food at a Western grocery store.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Looks to me that those fishes ain't dead ... unless the zombie apocalypse transverses species. ( hmm ). Any who I would probably eat them myself seeing as they WILL be dead ( again? ) shortly.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
That looks like fun. Picking up fish as they jump on shore. The kids seem to be having fun.

Maybe the approaching storm has lightning hitting the water and the sound and electric surface tension of the water is driving the fish till they hit land. They then hit the surface and the tiny shock could be tightening their muscles and they jump.

Maybe the island has a natural source of magnesium sulfate that is near it. The magnesium sulfate creates energy out of sound. Maybe that energy created from the subsonic sound of the thunder or rushing of the waves of the approaching storm is making the fish jumpy. and they head away hitting the shore.

There could be many reasons for the behavior of the fish, even a sound weapon being used by a sub to test what it does to wildlife. Any energy source or sound delivered to the salt water could cause a reaction like this.

I can't even come close to knowing for sure what is happening. It could also be a big preditor or a smell in the water.

It sure looks like fun for the people there though. I would not be afraid to eat those fish if they smelled normal.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Whoaaw malaysia very near my country..and have the same sea with indonesia..is this any connection with fukhushima radiation leak?
Now i think twice to eat sea fish

Recently i watch youtube video about sign earth cchange.there is hundrets to thousands elfves die with unknown force seen from helycopter..

edit on 29-12-2013 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

As a local reports according to the source it is happening for three years now. During the season. So that was before the earthquake in Japan. Besides that it's not that the fish have died and then floated to the beach. They are very much alive and jump out of the water as seen in the videos.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Well, if this event comes at a regular time or regular intervals, I'd be more likely to assume it has something to do with the school suffocating themselves & jumping ashore trying to breathe. Of course, seasonal wind & water currants could drive them into that area with little way out if they can't fight the currant enough. I'd scoop 'em up. There doesn't seem to be any clear indication of pollution being at fault (i.e no coinciding dumpings going on) Tis just catching the cornered prey with your hands instead of a hook, or net

cheesy
Recently i watch youtube video about sign earth cchange.there is hundrets to thousands elfves die with unknown force seen from helycopter..

Cheesy...elves? I'm envisioning a voodoo North Pole massacre. Just what kind of elves are you talking about here?
edit on 12/29/2013 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Elves ? Seen from a helo ?....not sure what you meant... Elks? Can you upload the video... Please.

new topics

top topics

join