It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Garden Seed Exchange?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Halekoch

I went through this last year. I started seeds indoors ~50 to 75 & about half
germinated then only few of those survived. Some were also my first time
growing such as broccoli & spinach....those came up & survived a wee bit
then died. Not to blame the seed it was me.

I will be more selective & be smaller this year. If all those plants survived
last year (plus I re-seeded) it would have been unbearable & way too much
food even to give away to friends.

I would rather have a small healthy productive crop for me than stuff just
growing every where then having to tend to problems. Small & healthy, just enough
for me & a few extra makes it FUN!

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I'd love to participate. I've been vegetable gardening for years now. I primarily grow heirlooms; tomatoes peppers, squashes, beans, lettuces, Swiss chard, collards & kale, maybe a few other things as well.

Here's alink that might be helpful for seed shelf life: www.harvesttotable.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Halekoch

This is a beautiful idea, but please be careful. There are members from all over the world, and seeds that may be completely harmless and legal one place may not be in another for a number of reasons.

It's just something I'm throwing out there, this is fine If the swap stays some what local, but even across state or province lines this could have serious legal ramifications. Maybe look up some legality issues when transferring them. I know some countries allow absolutely no foreign seeds, produce or meat products to go in or out period.

Australia has some extremely strict rules relating exactly to this, if not for a foreign plant species for the potential diseases(plant born) it could bring into the country.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
**MOD NOTE***

With apologies but this thread while a lovely idea is against rules.

15)ii) You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to collect or ask for the personal information (data mining) about forum members, including email addresses and "real life" names, in any manner whatsoever, or for any reason whatsoever.

I apologize for staff delaying in closing this thread.

Asktheanimals

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
While this may be a good idea it is not in line with the T&C:

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

ii) You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to collect or ask for the personal information (data mining) about forum members, including email addresses and "real life" names, in any manner whatsoever, or for any reason whatsoever.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join