It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Brainwashing on ATS...

page: 2
0
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
In the "politics and scandals" forum there is:
1) this thread
2) Why Kerry conceded even though he had more votes

3)Bush's plans

4)So you don't believe it is about oil, eh

5)Was Abe Lincoln gay?

So - 4/5 are clearly ANTI US/Bush/Conservative - just like I said. The only reason it isn't 5/5 is that I have this thread going.


I don't think saying someone is gay is an insult or anticonservative




posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I just read this whole thread to find out it was about NOTHING. The election is over, let your decline into fascism go in peace. Not like anything can be done about it anyway. What do you want? Dem's bowing to you?



posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
Well, honestly, I've haven't noticed it. But, I tend to stay away from threads I know are going to be biased on either side. The point of revealing conspiracy, at least in my mind, is diagnose the problems in our country so that we may know what to make better, individually and collectively.


You know, I have been doing the same thing. When I first came to this site about a year ago, it was mainly for military aircraft - but I found the people here - regardless of their political ideas or conspiracy theories (that I tend to think are a bit out there) - very intellegent. So I started to get involved in the political discussion, which was of course heated - you can't expect anything less. The problem is, I have noticed more and more that the US, it's government, it's soldiers, it's corperations - just about everything - is under attack by this underlying idea that somehow the the problems of the world stem solely from the US.

Don't get me wrong - the US has made mistakes, and will make more in the future. But they are blown out of proportion at the expense of discussing IMPORTANT ISSUES.

I mean, where in the HELL is everyone up in arms over the Oil For Food scandal? Does anyone here even care? No - because it's the UN, and the US has nothing to do with it. It also makes everyones favorite liberal country - France - look bad, and adds yet another reason that gives cause to the war in Iraq.

THIS IS THE GREATEST MONETARY SCANDAL EVER AND NO ONE HERE SEEMS TO CARE! Yet I can find threads blasting Bush - accusing him of being doped up, threads saying Lincoln was gay, and the hundredmillionth thread on how the Iraq war was about oil!



But honestly AMM, who are you to be declaring that all liberal or conspiratorial Bush administration threads are brainwashing? I mean, don't you notice the contradiction here? Are you trying to brainwash us to believe that all those threads are propaganda and not to be trusted?


My point is not on the topic - my point is on the number of times it is talked about at the expense of other, more vital and more substantiated topics. My point is that in all the Bush/US/Conservative blasting that goes on, maybe all the liberals in their glee and determination to attack their pet targets are missing some really important stuff.

And then the question must be asked, WHY are they doing this? Either that is all they are here for - to attack Bush/conservatives/America (in which case, that is a form of attempted brainwashing), they are too stupid to see the other matters at hand (I refuse to believe this, as even the staunchest of liberals can also be intellegent, and as I have said, I believe the vast majority of people on this site to be of quality intellect regardless of what they believe), or they are so overwhelmed with anti US/Bush/Conservative topics that that is all they can talk about (in which case they are brainwashed).



It seems you as well have an agenda and maybe by your repition on this thread, you will be able to brainwash your ideas on others?

Do you get the picture yet? Drop the propaganda, and hopefully others will follow. That's my agenda.


Thats a good agenda, but do you honestly see others following - I don't. Thats why I bring it up. I have no problem with people questioning, or even attacking my political ideologies - it is a good thing to be questioned. But it is has gone way to far, IMHO, on this site.

There needs to be some balance, and this site is unbalanced - I think people sometimes need to take a step back, and realise that there are more important things then "Bush is the anti-christ, and his God is oil."



posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lecky

Originally posted by American Mad Man
In the "politics and scandals" forum there is:
1) this thread
2) Why Kerry conceded even though he had more votes

3)Bush's plans

4)So you don't believe it is about oil, eh

5)Was Abe Lincoln gay?

So - 4/5 are clearly ANTI US/Bush/Conservative - just like I said. The only reason it isn't 5/5 is that I have this thread going.


I don't think saying someone is gay is an insult or anticonservative


It is when you factor in that it is implied hypocricy. Since republicans are said to be "the anti-gay" party, it is an implied insult. Personally, I don't give a rats ass if someone is gay or not - hell, you can't live in New Orleans and not like gays - but any way you cut it, it is a political attack on one of the most revered and popular presidents ever and - suprise supriise - he happens to be Republican.



posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I just read this whole thread to find out it was about NOTHING. The election is over, let your decline into fascism go in peace. Not like anything can be done about it anyway. What do you want? Dem's bowing to you?


You just proved my point, thanks



posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
And your siggy proves mine,
""When the people fear the government, you have tyranny. When the government fears the people, you have freedom." - Thomas Paine"

I don't see Dubya sweating so I guess freedom is pretty much done, right?



posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I can prove you wrong, American Mad Man.

I am a super moderator at this site, I have been around for a few years and I am a "conservative" (constitutionalist, actually). I speak from a position of knowledge gained from years of individual study and research. There are moderators, supermoderators and yes, even a couple of the top people here that are not as knowledgeable as I, but there is no conspiracy to brainwash the people in this community. I say this not to be arrogant, although I am an American and am prone to being arrogant, but only because it is the fact, and I am bound to facts.

Nevermind that Simon is English and Skeptic Overlord, is right hand man, is from Manhattan, a blue state.


My gosh, could there be a conspiracy of the top people of this board to cause members to be America-haters and cow-tailers to the liberal elite agenda?


I shall put my superior intellect and well-honed conservative compass to the task of finding out where the truth lies.

Hang in there, MadMan. And if I should nopt return in 72hrs, alert the few conservatives of this board to head to the hills and not to answer any phones!



posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Nice Thomas, would you care to answer my post?



posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
And your siggy proves mine,
""When the people fear the government, you have tyranny. When the government fears the people, you have freedom." - Thomas Paine"

I don't see Dubya sweating so I guess freedom is pretty much done, right?


I guess you missed the long campiegn he had to go through to get reelected...

Obviously, he feared being removed, or he would not have worked as hard as he did to convince 51% of the US that he - not Kerry - was the right man for the job.

Besides, the government involves more then the Presidency - there is that whole pesky congress thingy, and a Judicial branch too


But don't let that get in the way of you Bush sniping



posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
I can prove you wrong, American Mad Man.

I am a super moderator at this site, I have been around for a few years and I am a "conservative" (constitutionalist, actually). I speak from a position of knowledge gained from years of individual study and research. There are moderators, supermoderators and yes, even a couple of the top people here that are not as knowledgeable as I, but there is no conspiracy to brainwash the people in this community. I say this not to be arrogant, although I am an American and am prone to being arrogant, but only because it is the fact, and I am bound to facts.


I am not saying that you or any other moderators are - I am saying that the liberal faction of this site is. I know that you and SeekerOf are conservative moderators (and I'm sure I am missing some others), but damnit, I am really getting sick of beeing bombarded with this Liberal propaganda! Can't there be just a little balance?



posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I'm sorry, Intrepid, I am focusing on rooting out brainwashing evil...what post should I answer? Sorry I missed what you said.



posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

I mean, where in the HELL is everyone up in arms over the Oil For Food scandal? Does anyone here even care? No - because it's the UN, and the US has nothing to do with it. It also makes everyones favorite liberal country - France - look bad, and adds yet another reason that gives cause to the war in Iraq.

THIS IS THE GREATEST MONETARY SCANDAL EVER AND NO ONE HERE SEEMS TO CARE! Yet I can find threads blasting Bush - accusing him of being doped up, threads saying Lincoln was gay, and the hundredmillionth thread on how the Iraq war was about oil!


More powerful people abusing their powers for profit...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
That's how I feel about that...



And then the question must be asked, WHY are they doing this? Either that is all they are here for - to attack Bush/conservatives/America (in which case, that is a form of attempted brainwashing)


No really...I'm guessing it's because there are lot of people out there who are really outraged by our current administration. It's not a pre-calculative effort to convert conservatives to liberals...promise...

If posting about a topic over and over is a sign of attempting to "brainwash", the conservatives of the board would be just as guilty.


or they are so overwhelmed with anti US/Bush/Conservative topics that that is all they can talk about (in which case they are brainwashed).


Some could say that there are conservatives on this board who are so overwhelmed with their political and national affiliation that they are blind to anything negative brought against their president and country *coughs*



Thats a good agenda, but do you honestly see others following - I don't. Thats why I bring it up. I have no problem with people questioning, or even attacking my political ideologies - it is a good thing to be questioned. But it is has gone way to far, IMHO, on this site.


It has? Maybe according to you and a few others...could this be because you are seeing people who don't have the same views as yourself?


There needs to be some balance, and this site is unbalanced - I think people sometimes need to take a step back, and realise that there are more important things then "Bush is the anti-christ, and his God is oil."


How do you propose we balance it out? I can only try and be fair and read/respond only to the posts I feel are important. I don't post silly propaganda posts such as "Bush is the antichrist", "Red States are stupid", "Bush smokes crack"...I can show dissaproval of these posts but who am I to say what is to be posted and what's not. Both sides will always have their "black sheep" posters - LOL

If anything I wish my side to stop because it will cause you to lose credability to the opposite side. I don't wish them to keep quiet about the important things ...but again what's stupid to one ATS'er may be important to another.



posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
I guess you missed the long campiegn he had to go through to get reelected...

Obviously, he feared being removed, or he would not have worked as hard as he did to convince 51% of the US that he - not Kerry - was the right man for the job.

Besides, the government involves more then the Presidency - there is that whole pesky congress thingy, and a Judicial branch too


But don't let that get in the way of you Bush sniping


I think this should be a wake up call to ALL Americans. There are NO checks and balances anymore. The Reps control ALL of the government. That is a scary proposition. The sad thing is that YOU voted it in. You will be accountable.

If another attack comes on American soil, you bought and paid for it. You asked for it.



posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man


To the guys credit, he has stated before that the reason he posts what he does is because of the lopsidedness of this site, and he wants people to get both sides of the story.


Yeah. Endless cut-and-paste posts that repeat the same things over and over just morph into site spam. I go to drudgereport as one of my first logons everyday. Then when I come to ATS I see the drudgereport again thanks to this guy.



posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
I'm sorry, Intrepid, I am focusing on rooting out brainwashing evil...what post should I answer? Sorry I missed what you said.


This one TC.........


Originally posted by intrepid
And your siggy proves mine,
""When the people fear the government, you have tyranny. When the government fears the people, you have freedom." - Thomas Paine"

I don't see Dubya sweating so I guess freedom is pretty much done, right?



posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

Go ahead - prove me wrong


How can anyone prove you wrong when you haven't made any case of anykind? I agree that there are people who say the above. How is that in any way brainwashing? Are you just having trouble making good arguements lately, finding that people are demonstrating you wrong but you know you are right so there must be brainwashing going on?



posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Ah, I see the question, now.

Reagan didn't fear the people, he had no reason. Bush has no reason to fear the people, either. Clinton din't fear the people at all, either. Do you think George Washington feared the people?

Freedom isn't at risk of being lost because of Either the likes of Bill Clinton or George Bush, and not even had John Kerry won. They are not the threats. The mindsets of the people, the conspiracy to degenerate the Americans and the Americans falling for it, is the threat.

You might want to take a gander at my siggy, sir.

Now, if you will excuse me, I haven't the time to waste my considerable mental powers on this, I must go and sniff out the possible conspiracy among the board elite to brainwash our fair community!



posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
5)Was Abe Lincoln gay?


I started this thread and it was not intended as an insult to anyone, unless of course you think saying someone is gay is an insult. It is just some info I picked on the net and wanted to discuss.

If it will make you happy I will try to find some info on Gay Democrats


As a Libertarian my values lean more toward what the Republicans CLAIM to stand for.

Now if they just DID stand for them I might vote for them


[edit on 19-11-2004 by Amuk]



posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Originally posted by American Mad Man

Go ahead - prove me wrong


How can anyone prove you wrong when you haven't made any case of anykind? I agree that there are people who say the above. How is that in any way brainwashing? Are you just having trouble making good arguements lately, finding that people are demonstrating you wrong but you know you are right so there must be brainwashing going on?


In case you didn't notice the laughing smiley face thingy, it was an attempt at humor - a jest if you will - at the irony of such a proposition since I stated that one of the agendas was to make conservatives out to always be wrong. Thus, if you were to prove me wrong, you would also be proving me right...ahhhh forget it.

I don't literally believe that there is a conspiracy on this site to brainwash people. I do believe it has gotten to the point where it (the liberal attacks on conservatives, and the attacks on America in general) has gotten to the point where I question thier intentions - surely if it is sooooooo evil that haliburten make a profit off of reconstructing Iraq, it is also Evil for French and Russian companies to make money off the oil for food scandal, for Kofi Annan to be hiding the evidence, and for Saddam to be getting bliions of UN (AKA US) dollars that were supposed to be feeding starving people.

But that isn't a priority, because it doesn't make the US look bad - get it yet?



posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Hey, I'm not allowed to think or speak, am I allowed to retain my U.S. citizenship?




top topics



 
0
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join