It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird object embedded in wall

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Perhaps a bent nail or staple . That would be my best guess.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The symptoms of schizophrenia are simply a checklist devised at the time or era when it was completely ludicrous to think in such a manner. It just wasn't possible, but now we know it is.

The op may not be schizophrenic at all. It does no good to tell a person this either.

However I doubt it's a spying device. Most likely a nail or staple, or a broken piece of metal.

Op is it in the wall studs or the beams of would behind the wall? If you can't tell where those are, just knock with your knuckles to find the hollow spots ( in between the studs)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by korkythecat

i am a retired plasterer , if the plaster was a sand / cement / lime mix then it is not unusual for foreign bodies to get mixed up with the materials and the lime would help to keep any rust from forming .

if it was a gypsum plaster ( the kind that comes ready mixed in a bag and only requires water ) then i would guess that it is a nail or some other piece of metal that was already stuck in the wall and that the plasterer plastered over it.

it would help if you gave a little more information on the age of the building , the type of plaster, type of wall be it brick , block , or sheet rock , and even if any renovations has been carried on the said wall .

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
If your wall is all covered with paint, then you don't need to worry about your wall. Even if they put some cameras on your wall, they can't see anything because the lens have been painted.

Now, tell us why Big Brother would like to spy on you? Are you something special?

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

LABTECH767
As for surveilance well if you were an international diplomat the very top secret and very expensive technology being developed included passive (non powered-they were powered by radio frequency energy) transducers (devices that convert from physical to electronic/radio or vice versa) that could be implemented as bugging devices...

These days if I was still in the biz I'd use a fiberoptic bug. It's just about invisible and it won't set off a non-linear junction scanner. Doesn't look like OP's little metal flake.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Its a paint brush hair mixed in with the paint.

Or it could be horse hair plaster board.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Bad nail job on the drywall.

They should have made a depression in the drywall with the head of the hammer when hitting the nail.

hostedmedia.reimanpub.com...

If the head sticks out just a little when finishing with drywall mud it will be covered but when they sand part of the head of the nail will show. The head of the nail is concaved to except drywall mud but if sticking out when sanding a circle pattern will show up from the head of the nail.

cdn.deerso.com...

Paint should have covered it you would normally just see a small bump in the wall from the nail head.

www.tape-finish-texture-drywall.org...

It could also be a nail or screw put in to hang a picture at one time somebody tried to cover over with out removing the nail or screw. Which could later give you a nail pop as the nail pops back out the drywall from moving around.

www.drywall-repair-texturing-and-finishing-techniques.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

OrphanApology

Someone probably already stated this, but you have symptoms of Schizophrenia. The picture you posted looks like a nail or something else painted over.

The fact that you are looking at your wall under microscope(very time consuming, do you work?), feeling someone is watching and controlling you are all symptoms of schizophrenia.

Try and find a nurture psychologist that will work you through symptoms(not pill pusher).

rubbish

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
move quick they are on to you
change your name
break your hard drive
cover your head in tin foil [100% guarenteed ]

and never never log on again or they will find you

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dobbiedabill

They are to good to be caught that easy. They are professionals. They will drill holes place the bug patch the drywall and even mix paint to match the color perfect and be gone in twenty minutes. The paint will dry with a hour of leaving and you will never know they were there. They even vacuum the floor to clean up the mess from drilling the hole.

5 minute quick set drywall mud making the process of planting bugs quick and simple.

www.visualinteriors.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Should he transfer all his money to your checking account too?
Just for safe keeping?

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
If you want to be secure from listening devices or radio frequency video, you can buy RF jammers and you could also get an RF detector to use up close on these objects to see if they are transmitting..

This is the correct way to proceed in my view, don't go see a shrink like others are saying until AFTER you find out if these objects are transmitting any signals, and you find they are not.

If they are transmitting, then you will know you aren't losing it, and being paranoid is totally justified.

Do not put off finding out, because the daily worry on a situation like this is far more damaging physically and mentally than anyone ever deserves.. Investigate, Action, and then hopefully peace of mind will be restored.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Okay, you caught me Korky. Please don't turn me in to the building manager. I was just curious what you were doing in your apartment. I live next door and I keep hearing something scraping the walls. I've turned off the monitoring device and I won't spy on you anymore. Honest.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Phage

Should he transfer all his money to your checking account too?
Just for safe keeping?
good thinking batman he can trust me with it honest guv

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

JBA2848

They are to good to be caught that easy. They are professionals. They will drill holes place the bug patch the drywall and even mix paint to match the color perfect and be gone in twenty minutes. The paint will dry with a hour of leaving and you will never know they were there. They even vacuum the floor to clean up the mess from drilling the hole.

5 minute quick set drywall mud making the process of planting bugs quick and simple.

www.visualinteriors.com...
how do i get in touch with them to bug my place if they tidy up my kennel needs a good bugging
edit on 12/28/2013 by dobbiedabill because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Maybe change the title to ..

Weird idea embedded in my head

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

One Word Response.

=

One Word Response.

=

Explain.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I suspect this is located in an area where you are able to sit or lie down - thereby coming to your attention. If you look at anything long enough (and we have all done this I'm pretty sure - I think of laying in a boring hospital bed or staring at the wall when unable to fall asleep as a kid), we begin to see the details. Homes have been bugged so you would need to know the history but I would say paint over it or hang something there. Or maybe run a stud finder over it to see if it's a nail?

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Anything that's put together by people using tools occasionally has little bits of those tools flake off and get stuck in them. So even though it's a weird shape and microscopic, it could be something innocuous as a bit of nickel plating that chipped off of a screwdriver and went in the paint when somebody painted that room last.

If you're really thinking it's a bug or some purpose-made device, you'll have to find more than one and there should be some consistency in the design. And what would you know that would be worth somebody going through the effort of spying for?

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Hi,

Thanks for the replies, yes I am fruit loopish to an extent, but I choose to laugh with you laughing at me, because I believe you shouldn't post on here if you can't take a little ribbing!!

The consensus seems to be it's benign, the "thing" that is.

I have found other stuff even more intriguing 'tho - like a gadget which is embedded in a piece of plaster which fell out of my bathroom wall, tiny tiny technology I'll try and post in a while once I have got some clear pics.
No there is nothing special about me, but this stuff might be quite old and who knows who lived here before, the building is only about 25-30 years old.
The weird of this world seems to find me!

Happy new year and love to all on ATS

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join