It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm not OCD you're just a slob!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Majestic Lumen

Totally understand, i need to live in an organized chaos almost haha

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

While I'm not as organized as you, it was so refreshing to read your post because I LOVE when things are clean and organized....everything in it's place.

It's become a lot more challenging over the years with 2 young boys, a messy husband and 4 dogs but, I am definitely more at peace when things are organized and clean.

I have had to accept the fact over the years that rather than kill myself from exhaustion and frustration....I just need to let some things go...it hasn't been easy but, I have to find SOME peace!

My kids tear through my cabinets and fridge every single day...

They drag dirt and mud into my house every single day....as do the doggies.

No one in my house knows how to pick up their dirty laundry...

For some reason, it's just a lot easier for everyone to just throw their trash on the floor rather than to take few steps to the trash can....if it doesn't go on the floor, they just stuff it into the couch cushions.

I recently asked my oldest son to pick up his shoes and put them away.....He picked them up but, then opened a drawer to an end table and stuffed them in there....instead of taking 5 steps to the closet!

sheesh!

I have just learned to pick my battles I suppose. But, I'm with ya......We're not OCD dang it!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I have a 7mth old. I have always liked to cook. I make his food as well. What do your kids like to eat? Do they have food restrictions? I use Allrecipes for a lot of things. Other things I just come up with on my own. I'm learning after years to write my recipes down! I've made so many things I didn't write down and wished I had but now I am getting better at it.

No restrictions so far, but my little one has shown sensitivity to darrie, and possibly gluten, Im not sure yet, I just try and cook with fresh ingredients everyday and lean towards the paleo diet when I can. And instead of regular milk I cook and serve organic goat milk.

I am also slowly trying to get them acclimated to spicy food, because I love spice but cant use it as much as I would like because of the kids. So every now and then, I throw some spice in the mix

I made something really good the other night for the old lady and I. Mexican Indian fusion. A Mild Cheddar quesodilla filled with broccoli sprouts and avocado. On Top a Tomato Bhaji sauce and then pared that with a Cabernet. It was really good simple and quick.

For the kids they like a quality ramen. Its more like salad with hot noddles. I get the organic quality ramen and split a pack between both, Then cut up an avocado, mushrooms, cilantro, spinach, tomatoes and an two eggs, and then serve a fresh piece of fruit on the side. They see it as noodels but little do they know the noodels have the lowest ratio in the dish.

for a 7 month though I would just get a magic bullet and start processing non gmo non pesticide treated fruites and veggies. You wont have to worry about him getting picky till about age 2 give or take.
edit on Mon20142013-12-30T14:00:58-06:00th2013-12-30T14:00:58-06:00uMon, 30 Dec 2013 14:00:58 -0600Monday20142013-12-30T14:00:58-06:00 by DocScurlock because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join