It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists baffled by hundreds of spheres found in hidden tunnels

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by OneNationUnder

I totally agree with your sentiments, I do however have a problem in my mind with your theory on what these balls were once for.

But, the "spheres" are not perfect, and they represent where certain celestial bodies are at certain points in time. They are not in a fixed position which means this was an on-going experiment where they moved their celestial models around on the floor (the sky) to see what the sky will look like at some point in the future.

It's not a bad theory but why so deep underground? Wouldn't it be easier to just dedicate a more suitable location for such activities?

They were masters of astronomy and they also had mathematics and writing, it seems like wasted energy to me to keep such recordings underground or to use such methods to predict celestial movements. Considering that they had the ability to make maps and to also keep score/make books, it seems strange to me that such a location would be picked for what you suggest. My mind tells me they would have picked a better more accessible location to do such activities, my gut is telling me that this cave/room is more symbolic than anything and is related to what they called the underworld.

I might be wrong though.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

This one's easy, there were the remains of a "bye one get one free sale" at the sun store!

edit on 30-12-2013 by Ikema because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-12-2013 by Ikema because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

nice Killing Joke reference there! brought a smile to my face.
TOTALLY adding to the thread, I am

reply to post by Wolfenz

Without stating it your article provides info that the tunnel of the snake was closed around 200AD, where archaeologically, that civilization reached it's 'zenith' between 300 and 600AD.

The temple in the OP is said to have been covered 2000 years ago... I'm sure the dates are our (their) best guess.

reply to post by Wolfenz

Why you don't have more start for each post confounds me.
You're bringing in info that fits together/relates to each-other, it's radical, man

reply to post by IAMTAT

Now looky here! The Mayans used clay balls of a similar size to cook with, that is an interesting offering! And supports the idea that the clay balls in the OP where more than likely coated after being buried (what-have-you).

I wonder why the archaeologist in the OP article never thought or mentioned that the clay balls had a high chance of having been used for cooking... grant money!
(
wateva) they probably shoulda done some more tests on the clay and corroborated with other findings/facts within their focus.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

SLAYER69
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

The difference is that the Scientists are right there in the Pyramid looking at and analyzing what they have found vs a pic from another planet.

edit on 28-12-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Wow.. what a lame answer coming from you. You normally give way better info. (from my question on page 4)

These things are Not perfect spheres.. they are rough shaped rock like things. They do not resemble Orbs at all.. everyone can easily see that. My point is.. there is NO reason at all to assume these were anything but simple rocks.. unless you can tell me otherwise.. and i don't believe you can and the article doesn't say. They even jump to the conclusion that these things were used in religious ceremonies - i wonder how far they went to make that one up.. there is no altar, no deep gorrve for blood to channel down into the sacrificial cup etc LOL.. those rocks are sitting on the floor in the middle of an empty chamber. i don't see, not is it told.. how these guys came up with their conclusions.
edit on 30-12-2013 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

JohnPhoenix
Wow.. what a lame answer coming from you. You normally give way better info. (from my question on page 4)

Well let's look at some of what you wrote back on page 4

They can get away with saying these rocks are anything they want because they are hidden in a tunnel humans cannot get to. the lie would be a safe one.

Humans cannot get to?

I highly doubt the Teotihuacanos had foresight enough to rig the hidden chamber with modern light bulbs.

These things are Not perfect spheres..

Neither myself nor the article claimed "PERFECT" spheres

they are rough shaped rock like things.

That's what happens when Clay spheres are so old that they start to deteriorate.

My point is.. there is NO reason at all to assume these were anything but simple rocks.. unless you can tell me otherwise.. and i don't believe you can and the article doesn't say.

Thats exactly why this was posted in the first place and that was to get peoples perspectives on the topic.

They even jump to the conclusion that these things were used in religious ceremonies - i wonder how far they went to make that one up.. there is no altar, no deep gorrve for blood to channel down into the sacrificial cup etc LOL..

Not that it matters...

Linky

Teotihuacanos practiced human sacrifice: human bodies and animal sacrifices have been found during excavations of the pyramids at Teotihuacan. Scholars believe that the people offered human sacrifices as part of a dedication when buildings were expanded or constructed. The victims were probably enemy warriors captured in battle and brought to the city for ritual sacrifice to ensure the city could prosper.

Some men were decapitated, some had their hearts removed, others were killed by being hit several times over the head, and some were buried alive. Animals that were considered sacred and represented mythical powers and military were also buried alive, imprisoned in cages: cougars, a wolf, eagles, a falcon, an owl, and even venomous snakes.

edit on 30-12-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

That was my first thought. Sulfer.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

nixie_nox
reply to post by Toadmund

That was my first thought. Sulfer.

This sulfate mineral is formed in ore deposits by the oxidation of iron sulfides. Jarosite is often produced as a byproduct during the purification and refining of zinc and is also commonly associated with acid mine drainage and acid sulfate soil environments.

Maybe it was a mine. The clay balls could have been natuarly coated.

Mysterious spheres of clay, 1.5 to 5 inches in diameter, covered with jarosite have recently been discovered beneath the Temple of the Feathered Serpent an ancient six level stepped pyramid 30 miles from Mexico City.[8]

edit on 30-12-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
This is quite interesting! I don't know if I'd call them balls as from the pictures they don't really show a circular shape, but nonetheless, intriguing...I'm sure they'll find much more at that site.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
what happened to the rather long post I painfully typed in on my iPad, links and pics and all, on page 1 it was too. Both posts vanished!

Something wrong with the idea of these being Moqui Balls (known to be used in Navajo shamanic rituals) ?

Is it just me - am I too new?

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Wow perspective is everything. The first thing I though was "calcified poop".

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

pandersway

Wow! How unusual. I don't think I can recall anything quite like this being discovered.

The mind boggles as to what they may have been used for and by whom.

Imagine if they turned out possessing some abnormal properties. Whatever the case, really interesting.

They were made from fools gold on the outside (jarosite) and filled with clay on the inside. But those sphere mights have been hollow in the beginning and filled up with clay. Those tunnels look like they have been flooded with clay many times and the water deposited all the clay. I get the feeling they are going to turn out to be tunnels with high ceilings.

"The Golds of the Gods" has some interesting pictures

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Many of these pictures on this page related to small circles inside pyramids as well as some gold spheres:

I don't know if the last two pictures could be molds used to make these spheres.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Slayer,

Since these were discovered near the Pyramid of The Sun, I would speculate they are representations of the sun. They were spheres made of clay with a luster of Fool's gold over the surface. I wonder what they looked like when the light of a torch would illuminate them? This might have added an effect to whatever ceremony they were performing there.
So my next question is...let's look for a similar chamber near the Pyramid of the Moon! If we find white spheres or crecsent shaped pottery, then that may answer your question(s).
Remember that the Aztecs came after the site was built. It was already there before they settled upon it. Thanks for bringing this up. It makes me want to make a second visit to this mysterious place..

Kratos...

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Kratos40

The chamber where these were found was 'Once upon a time' much more elaborately decorated. What the spheres may have represented certain star constellation, planets etc.

(When they were looking like spheres *not just colored clumps like they are in their present state)

Who knows...

edit on 30-12-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

SLAYER69
Scientists baffled by hundreds of spheres found in hidden tunnels

This may be a stupid question, and maybe I'm just not seeing it right, but is this supposed to be the underground tunnel area, is this above picture underground? It looks like a small pyramid like structure of it's own sort..
edit on 31-12-2013 by TheIceQueen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheIceQueen

This may be a stupid question, and maybe I'm just not seeing it right, but is this supposed to be the underground tunnel area, is this above picture underground? It looks like a small pyramid like structure of it's own sort..

That graphic is partially inaccurate because the platform on the right does not reside in front of the Temple of the Feathered Serpent. That flat platform is located in front of the Pyramid of the Moon. Also, there seems to be contradicting statements on where these tunnels are located that have these so-called yellow spheres.

The OP shows an external quote that says this tunnel is located near the Pyramid of the Sun. The majority of the articles I’ve seen all say the tunnel is under the Temple of the Feathered Serpent. This temple is also called Temple of Quetzalcoatl. The graphic shows the correct temple on the left.

This thread Robot Finds Mysterious Spheres in Ancient Temple makes this statement in the OP.

The robot which has explored the tunnel leading to 3 chambers beneath Temple of the Feathered Serpent, has found hundreds of spheres in the two rooms so far named North chamber and South chamber…

Here is a map of the Teotihuacan complex.

The vertical shaft to the surface is somewhere located around the Temple of Quetzalcoatl seen near the bottom of the map.

This temple is a serpent temple and it has two different types of ornamental serpents on its façade. One serpent is called the Fire Serpent (or sometimes identified with the rain god Tlaloc) and the other is called the Feathered Serpent, which is identified with the Aztec god Quetzalcoatl. I think the first serpent is the Fire Serpent Xiuhcoatl because one of those serpents is shown with a rattle.

edit on 31-12-2013 by lostinspace because: coding all messed up from previous quoting post method

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
The press just loves to be able to say scientists are "baffled" though. Ever notice that?

When a scientist is baffled, it makes me feel smarter!

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
2000 years is actually too recent

Do not be fooled by the powers that want you to believe everything is as recent.

What you see there is much much older.

And i mean MUCH older...

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: GEORGETHEGREEK
2000 years is actually too recent

Do not be fooled by the powers that want you to believe everything is as recent.

What you see there is much much older.

And i mean MUCH older...

Cool story. Got any evidence to back it up? No? Didn't think so....

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The first thing I thought of was petrified poop. Bung nuggets from some ancient critter that snuck in when no one was looking. Or, it could be man made, roughly spherical perhaps at some point, perhaps not, decayed, or maybe damaged during use. Just not enough info to make any kind of decision at this point. Interesting to see what will follow.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join