It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists baffled by hundreds of spheres found in hidden tunnels

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage i truly respect your views, opinions.. many times you have made me rethink certain paradigms ive adhered/clung too.. but sometimes, you can be a total buzz kill!

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Cinrad

Cinrad
Alien corprolites?

Oh come on! Not even a star?

This suggestion was made earlier in the thread, without the implication that us buffoons don't know what a coprolite is.

Maybe that's your answer. Is your Sioux name "Starving For Stars"?

Slayer, could you post us a close-up of those balls of yours so we can see if they are real? LOL

Hartew

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Stormdancer777
Here is another

They may be natural and collected because they saw some spiritual meaning in their being oddly round. Clearly thereare many natural groups of orbs around the world from huge to small.

I thought by now they would have found more in the pyramid.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
1) I don't see "spheres" as none of the objects in the photos are "spherically-shaped"
2) I see roughly-shapen lumps of minerals that resemble fools-gold w/other minerals and perhaps w/sulphur
3) There are many "hidden tunnels" that wording not necessarily implying covert mystery. Caves have many narrow passages into chambers that are often blocked off not easily-navigated, this fact doesn't automatically make them man-made as they exist naturally.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Chuck Norris had to take the "call of nature".

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Not quite sure you could classify them as spheres...

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Maybe the spheres could be some kind of offering to the Gods.
Symbolic of course.

Maybe they were sold to the worshippers to offer to the temple.

There could be a receptacle chute into which the spheres could be deposited and which would have collected under the temple.

By the way, this not a new news. it was reported quite lot of months back.
edit on 29/12/13 by coredrill because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Jeez, I'm kind of disappointed at how many people are posting "those balls are not round".

How many people read the source in the Op's thread or even read past the Op? It's been explained in the source and by posters who read the source why these balls are no longer spherical...

Maybe the gods of the underworld have been playing ullamaliztli in the ball court of the heavens, that would leave your shiny clay balls battered and bruised after all.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
So we have a large number of clay balls scattered across the floor.

Maybe they were originally in a cloth bag on a shelf - the cloth decayed over the centuries, spilling them across the floor?

Doesn't explain what they were originally for mind (maybe something as mundane as a game, or given out as prizes to winners of a game, or even used for counting or something?)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Toadmund
They look like balls of sulphur. Maybe from some volcano?
sulphur pics
edit on 28-12-2013 by Toadmund because: (no reason given)

Popocatepetl volcano is close by and pretty active.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Bocce balls?

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Toadmund
sulphur pics

I agree, they do look like disintegrating naturally formed spheres. They look too organic to me, they lack the perfect symmetry of the Costarican stone spheres and even the South African (so-called) nano-spheres (that resemble the Death Star) which looked far more manufactured and yet were dismissed as geological phenomena.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Char-Lee

Stormdancer777
Here is another

They may be natural and collected because they saw some spiritual meaning in their being oddly round. Clearly thereare many natural groups of orbs around the world from huge to small.

I thought by now they would have found more in the pyramid.

You may be onto something here. I remember researching something called Moqui Balls before.

The iron oxide concretions found in the Navajo Sandstone exhibit a wide variety of sizes and shapes. Their shape ranges from spheres to discs; buttons; spiked balls; cylindrical hollow pipe-like forms; and other odd shapes. Although many of these concretions are fused together like soap bubbles, many more also occur as isolated concretions, which range in diameter from the size of peas to baseballs. The surface of these spherical concretions can range from being very rough to quite smooth. Some of the concretions are grooved spheres with ridges around their circumference

Moqui Balls

They are also called Shaman Stones and an example of their use in ritual can be found here:
Wonderful World of gemstones

So, I propose there was a possible ritual chamber underground where Moqui balls (or their like) were brought by worshippers to be offered to the deity. And part of the invoking/offering ritual involved heating them to make themThunder Balls (I know, I know…. look it's not my myth) the resulting explosion used to foretell the future.

Hence, the disintegrated spheres, hence the great number of them discovered.

Do we know what they were composed of? Are they hematite, sandstone or… what?

Incidentally, similar spheres or Moqui balls were found on Mars by Curiosity.

hth

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

coredrill
Maybe the spheres could be some kind of offering to the Gods.
Symbolic of course.

I am with the one guy who already pointed out:

YELLOW SPHERES - TEMPLE/PYRAMID OF THE SUN.

Seriously, it's obvious those are offerings to the Sun/Sun god.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRulesAllowed

of course.
But then, someone will come along, claiming that he received channelised knowledge from a grey from an alternate dimension that these yellow balls are their crap.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

SLAYER69
reply to post by Wolfenz

The walls and ceiling of both chambers were covered with a mineral powder composed of magnetite, pyrite and hematite which provided a special brightness to the place and a peculiar atmosphere for the rituals that were most likely carried there.

Stay tuned

That's along the lines where I'll be headed soon in another thread.

Cant wait looking forward to it

Not Bad for a bunch of Primitive Natives.. using hieroglyphs similar to Egyptians in a sense

Yet I THINK??? there no literature how they Built these Ruins Mayans that is nor how they were built nor Created among of other Knowledge they had What primitive native Culture would have the Idea to cover the Walls with Pyrite Magnetite and Hermite ? IMO the Similarity of two different cultures oceans apart have close to similarity's in Writing Hieroglyphs ... to building Pyramids but for different Meanings
even similar type gods ... to Astronomy and constellation of the Stars ... Could of there been a Higher Advance Race?? NO im not Saying SPACE ALIEN! nor Some Sentient Entity Being! But these Riddles are showing something .. is this going along the line of an Advance Technological knowledged being ..

Well a Cortaz was considered a God and his Colleagues

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
It's amazing how many people immediately say "Aliens" right away. Simply amazing. Like everything comes down to aliens, right. So many people are so eager for aliens to come but they have NO IDEA what the ramifications will be for everyone. You think our Liberties are going now because of "terrorists? Just wait until "Aliens" come! Can you say Mark Of The Beast?

It's funny, all you need is a title like, "Scientists Are Baffled..." and everyone screams Aliens! Not one person associated with the dig is thinking Aliens, but here there's surely no shortage of Alien wishing wells.

They can't hang the spheres from the ceiling, so they put them on the ground. This is their version of visual aids, the Microsoft Office of their time. It's a physical reproduction of their night time skies at a certain time of the year. The spheres -and let's be honest here, there really isn't any TRUE spheres pictured here!

Now, if they were PERFECTLY round THEN you can wonder "How did human beings make these perfectly rounded spheres with the tools and knowledge they had at that time? But, the "spheres" are not perfect, and they represent where certain celestial bodies are at certain points in time. They are not in a fixed position which means this was an on-going experiment where they moved their celestial models around on the floor (the sky) to see what the sky will look like at some point in the future.

Nothing to do with aliens here, but everything to do with humans using mathematics and the sciences they had for their time and applying it for the desired outcome they hope they would achieve from the use of these visual aids.

Stop saying "Aliens" and give a little more credit to us --you know, humans! The very race you belong to! The more you say Aliens the more credit you take away from aspiring and intelligent people trying to further advance our civilization for the good of all.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I'm sure "The Killers" Wood know!!!!

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

haven123
Dung beetle?
. No. Beetle dung.
edit on 29-12-2013 by HUMBLEONE because: ta chanj that thing

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Toadmund
sulphur pics

yet if you actually read the article you find something else...

The spheres are made of clay and range from 1.5 to 5 inches in circumference.
They get their yellow colour from a material called jarosite.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join