It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists baffled by hundreds of spheres found in hidden tunnels

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Komodo

Skyfloating
Lets see if the eggs hatch soon...

LOL....yeeahhh..

I'd do the 100 yard dash in 1.7s LOL.. just say'n .. insects / face huggers I DO NOT DO !!!

Dont Worry and Alien Predator around the Area will take care of it !!

LOL! !

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

mmn,maybe they created teir own Hell reality.doesn't sulper kill you? or so2? a cemistry lab tat snuffed em out.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Similar balls were used to move large stones along a grooved track at Stonehenge apparently. Long hardwood beams had channels cut in them, the balls were placed in the channels and then large stones were able to be rolled along the "tracks". Basically like primitive ball bearings.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I would be thinking perhaps some type of light. Perhaps they had a small hollow to burn oil or perhaps they were covered or dipped in something that burned so they had some light. I have not seen anything mentioning the provision of light on the scale needed.

If they are luminescent that may have been their very simple purpose.

Nothing more than an ancient form of light globe.

Rather than always going down the ritualistic path, I would look down the simple domestic path.

P

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Am I missing something? I can't see anything that could be described as a sphere. At first I thought the title was referring to the balls of white light, but those are just the lightbulbs.
...Ah, it's actually those vaguely yellow malformed rocks, then.
I guess the subject of archaeology isn't exactly up my alley.

edit on 28-12-2013 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Underground aliens have to poop somewhere...

Check 'em for cow tongues, eyeballs and udders?

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Hope they're not laid out like any planets with a reckless robot stomping through.

I agree with sun effigies. And I to see spheres not orbs. Lost In translation.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by EllaMarina

Am I missing something?

Yeah. You are.
They used to be spheres made of clay. They've sort of fallen apart over time though.
Not really your fault though. You can't trust headlines.
edit on 12/28/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

EllaMarina
Am I missing something? I can't see anything that could be described as a sphere. At first I thought the title was referring to the balls of white light, but those are just the lightbulbs.
...Ah, it's actually those vaguely yellow malformed rocks, then.
I guess the subject of archaeology isn't exactly up my alley.

edit on 28-12-2013 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

LOL, and to think I thought I may need better glasses even my kids couldn't see yellow spheres however we saw yellowish looking rocks or stones all over the ground. I am taking it that is what they are talking about??? Strange that spheres normally look like spheres and not misshaped rocks.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Alien corprolites?

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

SLAYER69
reply to post by Baddogma

On a side note: I haven't even begun to get to the weird/bizarre/out of the box stuff yet. That thread is still in the works but..

I gotta tell you with how this thread has been received thus far I may not post the weird/bizarre/out of the box thread and just say forget it.

I only received 10 flags for my speculative thread regarding those orbs back in May 5, 2013. Maybe you could do better Slayer. You have a large following and your threads are always captivating.

My thread was titled Identity of the orbs found under the feathered serpent temple at Teotihuacan

I speculated that the orbs found in the tunnel might be associated with the orbs located on the snout of the Aztec fire serpent called Xiuhcoatl.

Please post your new theory on this subject Slayer.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Looks to me like either geodes or sulfur deposits.

Have they taken at least a sample of them yet?

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by AuntC

Let me rephrase that. When scientists say they don't know something the press really likes to say they are "baffled." Makes it sound all mysterious.

There is no way to know the exact purpose of the clay balls. While there are strong clues they were used ritualistically, no one will ever know exactly how or why. So speculation is the name of the game. If the archeologists speculate they are "guessing." If they don't they are "baffled."

edit on 12/28/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

bocce balls!

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Wow, really?!?! A rehash of a rehash is a top story... over the US judge rules NSA phone surveillance is LEGAL thread

Oh, slayer authored it.... ... ... soooo ... ... ...

#baffled

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Honestly, they look like ordinary rocks to me that is a little yellowish maybe due to the presence of sulfur in the area. They are not even round to begin with.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

is it just me who see only some rocks in the proper cave? so we should believe that some people build the pyramids on the surface and then they are acting in the cave like a monkeys playing with rocks and clay? the cave do not looks like it was used for anything at all from those pictures... wait actually if it is really artificial clay what they find in there, then i have a idea. scrap-heap. i think those archaeologists just looking for some more grants so they have next pay-day save. and Slayer do U helping them?

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Cinrad
Alien corprolites?

Oh come on! Not even a star?

A coprolite is fossilized feces. Coprolites are classified as trace fossils as opposed to body fossils, as they give evidence for the animal's behaviour (in this case, diet) rather than morphology. The name is derived from the Greek words κόπρος (kopros, meaning "dung") and λίθος (lithos, meaning "stone").en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 28/12/13 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

No offense to Slayer, but are threads that are the same as other threads in existence and also within the same forum supposed to be closed down?

I'm just wondering.

Anyway, on topic.

The first thing that came to my mind when reading this thread and link was the Mesoamerican ball game that was all the rage with the ancient cultures of Mexico/South America.

Aztec ball game

The Aztec ball game had a lot of ritual significance. It was mean to mirror the ball court of the heavens, this being the ball court of the underworld where the sun passed each night. The game represented the battle between day and night, and so was also related to the human blood sacrifices that were intended to keep the sun moving in the sky

The site predates the Aztecs doesn't it? but so does the game and most likely the religious belief around the game that had at least 2000 years to be developed as a sport.

A ball court of the gods?

The game itself was supposed to be symbolic of the battle between day and night, it makes sense to me. I'm probably wrong mind you.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Ugh Nevermind

edit on 28-12-2013 by Bachrk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
you can get serious deja vu here on ats. and seriously same thing as last time NO SPHEREs only rockS.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join