It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists baffled by hundreds of spheres found in hidden tunnels

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

combatmaster
reply to post by SLAYER69

Slayer, i admire your work in general.

But i see no spheres.

EDIT to ADD: I have misunderstood, but so have others i suspect...

Lead archaeologist Sergio Gomez explained that the spheres appear to be made of metal because jarosite is formed by the oxidation of pyrite, which is a metallic ore also known as Fool's Gold. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

So, they ARE real spheres, made of pyrite. Just like this one being sold online.

Your link notes that the sphere in their pic was carved by craftsmen.

Many minerals can form spherical shapes in the ground under the right conditions.

But these pics definitely show no spheres at all and Iron Pyrite typically does not form spheres - I can't say concerning other similar metals

combatmasterNow dont get me wrong, i am into the whole ET phenomena, but where do the aliens come in regarding these spheres?

I think they are in the market for hand-carved by craftsman spheres and don't particularly care about malformed yellow lumps in some tunnel.

Wanted to add that my earlier post was poking fun at Slayer, who usually avoids this sort of thing, while venting my own frustration at the practice of misleading thread titles.

Harte

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yes Phage I did see that in the article.I guess my post was not clear and for that I apologise.They said that the clay was covered with an oxidized mineral of pyrite.What if the clay balls were just that,clay balls for some purpose.They also spoke of the walls of the chamber being coated with pyrite.Perhaps there was something in the chambers atmosphere that reacted with the pyrite coating on the walls and caused the coating to precipitate on the clay.

I'm still thinking that this is some kind of mineral process.
edit on 12/28/2013 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

SLAYER69
reply to post by Wolfenz

The walls and ceiling of both chambers were covered with a mineral powder composed of magnetite, pyrite and hematite which provided a special brightness to the place and a peculiar atmosphere for the rituals that were most likely carried there.

Stay tuned

That's along the lines where I'll be headed soon in another thread.

TY... I Will..

Curious whats the Age of the Yellow Sphere are .. if there is anything organic about them.. that they can be carbon date with ... and seeing that its with a building underneath another Building ... and from way down to the Chamber a 300 foot tunnel Opening ??

then you start to think of the Angel Gabriel and his mission of Sealing up particular things deep into the ground Well its that Conspiracy Nut thinking of mine LOL! .. Anyhow...

Well Speaking of Tunnels

Tunnel Found Under Teotihuacan In Mexico
Posted by Ryan Patridge on May 31, 2011 / Comments Off
Category: Uncategorized

goldenageofgaia.com...

more Legit Site

Tunnel found under temple in Mexico
May 30, 2011
phys.org...

Researchers found a tunnel under the Temple of the Snake in the pre-Hispanic city of Teotihuacan, about 28 miles northeast of Mexico City.
The tunnel had apparently been sealed off around 1,800 years ago.
Researchers of Mexico's National University made the finding with a radar device. Closer study revealed a "representation of the underworld," in the words of archaeologist Sergio Gomez Chavez, of Mexico's National Institute of Anthropology and History.

edit on 28-12-2013 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-12-2013 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Clay balls covered with "gold dust" found in tunnel representing underworld. Hmm. ...Lighting the path? False gold balls leading the wrong way? Juggled by demons? Originally hung from ceiling to represent galaxy in alternate universe? ...The possibilities are downright endless!

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

3n19m470
reply to post by Harte

No its called he posted the title of the article as is, as is customary to do here at ATS. Having been here as long as you i would think you would know such a thing. In fact I believe in some forums like breaking news it's actually a rule that you have to do that.

I can't believe you would accuse Slayer of such a thing. And I can't believe you have time to hurl insults but no time to click a link.
edit on 12/28/2013 by 3n19m470 because: added final sentence

Chill out, slayer's not guilty. I posted that before I saw your post.

Slayer can expect me to call him on any BS he posts, and he knows this. I rarely get a chance to though.

Harte

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I've seen these before. They are turds. Larger dinosaurs are left similar ones, but they were a little flatter due to the weight. The indigenous people living in this area probably thought they were special since they weren't naturally occurring rocks or anything. Mystery solved. And yes, I am a turd expert.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Close, so close

I'm not done yet writing the other thread. Heh, Heh

We have some sharp minds here at ATS I tell ya.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
S&F
As all ways a great post!
Makes one think of the things that maybe...

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
They rolled their clay into little balls.

Reminds me of a Ron White routine.

Harte

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Ok, really thinking out of the box now but here it goes:

I see skulls in them. Could these be sacrificial beheaded people who were immediately smeared and stuffed with this "gold dust" and laid down there, maybe even in an astronomical figure? As the flesh decomposed, this was the result. Some sort of glowing skulls to align the stars and appease the gods?

Just a speculative hunch...

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I was reading up on the latest discoveries at the site even though this was reported here at ATS a little while back, I thought it worthy to post it in it's own Ancient Civilization thread.

I was the one reporting it some months back, it was in the this forum to.

Anyway see no problem with a reminder for those who didn't see it, not that there is much new

Robot Finds Mysterious Spheres in Ancient Temple

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I thought I recognised this.
Previous thread
Nobody really got to the bottom of it there either, so yeah a good idea to bring it up again.

Very interesting.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Due the "Spheres" yellowish coloration, as well as the PreColumbian proclivity toward the use of powdered Mercury, I'd have been a wee bit cautious that these Yellow Spheres might be ...

Uranium Ore.

It'd make sense for a superstitious culture to use such in underground areas, just like their unawareness of the toxicity of Mercury, they'd also be unaware of the danger of Uranium Ore.

To them, it'd just be a pretty yellowish rock that glowed.

Alas, however, I think it's been noted that these "Spheres" are made out of clay?

Ah well. So much for my guessing and speculation.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

Well then we can close this thread.

There does seem to be coordinated efforts to make fun of the topic instead of actually investigating the topic/site.

Thank you for the headsup

edit on 28-12-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

SLAYER69
reply to post by Mianeye

Well then we can close this thread.

There does seem to be coordinated efforts to make fun of the topic instead of actually investigating the topic/site.

Thank you for the headsup

So you're sayin' I'm coordinated?

Thanks, Slayer!

Harte

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by haven123

I was going to say maybe its some sort of petrified poop for all they know???? Believe me scientists become baffled over the simplest of things.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntC

Let me rephrase that. When scientists say they don't know something the press really likes to say they are "baffled." Makes it sound all mysterious.

There is no way to know the exact purpose of the clay balls. While there are strong clues they were used ritualistically, no one will ever know exactly how or why. So speculation is the name of the game. If the archeologists speculate they are "guessing." If they don't they are "baffled."

edit on 12/28/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by applesthateatpeople

I'm right there with you. I read sphere and I envisioned something that was approximately round.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

GalaxyEyes
Where are the spheres? Am I missing something?

Same reaction here, I am reading replies where people are saying 'amazing' etc and I am thinking "where are they?"
I thought a sphere was ROUND!

edit on 28-12-2013 by wulff because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Those look nothing like spheres or orbs. Looks more like skulls, covered in mud. Could be projectiles for slinging.

edit on 28-12-2013 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join