It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

27yr old man Accused Of Filming 'Knockout Game' Gets Charged With Hate Crime

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   

WASHINGTON -- A 27-year-old Texas man was arrested by federal authorities on Thursday for allegedly filming himself punching a 79-year-old African-American man and breaking his jaw. Authorities say the assailant was attempting to see whether a "knockout" attack on a black victim would be nationally televised.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Mental health issues...once again???

Btw

If you do the research you would find out that "The Knockout Game" was actually created by the media and now it is much worse than any variation of the knockout game that might have existed before due to the media attention. Don't take my word for it though, look it up yourself...
edit on 28-12-2013 by beatbox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
my momma told me "stupid is stupid does"

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by beatbox

I have no sympathy for thugs like this. He and anyone else engaged in such an ignorant and violent game should be locked up. Maybe their stay in jail will enable them to be on the other end of a knock-out punch!

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by beatbox

First of all this was not created by the media. This game has been going on some 20 years now (I KNOW FOR A FACT) And is just now starting to be covered at all. Before you say anything my kid at two years old was hit by a 14 yr old in Busch Gardens while he was in his stroller! They knocked out his teeth and the security went after the kid looking throughout the park to apprehend him. I know for a fact they have been doing this 20 or more years. They were keeping their mouths shut about it for obvious reasons. And it's not what you're saying at all. I know that there are kids been talking about this "Game" since that time too, it started in the south from what I gather (since it first happened to my family in the south). But kids in Philly have talked about it when I lived there. They also tried to get my son in school there, only this time he was 10 and laid the little miscreant out on the tar at school.

Everyone saying this is media created, obviously has lived under a rock for the past 20 + Years.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

so you're telling me that there has been a country wide conspiracy to randomly knock people out for 20+ years??? Isolated incidents of random attacks on people does not equate to what you are trying to make people believe...use common sense..
, I went ahead and found this for you...

But police.officials in several cities where the attacks have been reported say the knockout game is an urban myth, and that attacks that have received recent attention in the media have been random assaults, the New York Times is reporting.

"We're trying to determine whether or not this is a real phenomenon," the news organization quotes New York police commissioner Raymond Kelly as saying. "I mean, yes, something like this can happen. But we would like to have people come forward and give us any information they have."

The Slate piece makes reference to another piece on the patheos.com website that says, "Nobody seems to have any evidence that it's spreading, or that it's new, or that it's racially motivated."

The Daily Beast reports that assaults with "hands and fists" in America rose .7% from 2011 to 2012, according to the FBI. "The 'knockout game' may or may not be a new phenomenon, but with a few instances out of tens of thousands of assaults, it's not a trend, and media outlets shouldn't treat it as one," the news organization reports.

www.usatoday.com...

Chew on this too...
www.slate.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by beatbox

no there's been a problem with kids playing it as quoted by the security of the Busch Gardens "This is a problem here recently." And kids telling me about it, too, admitting they played/knew someone who played there has been media blackout from the cops end (Keeping the media out of it) No conspiracy. And the reason that's up to you to decide. I have my beliefs which I am not posting here.

Said the game has been played some 20 years amongst kids, kids aren't capable of conspiracy just retardness and immaturity.
edit on 2013/12/28 by ldyserenity because: comma

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by beatbox

How is it that a white guy gets to be poster boy for the "knock out" phenomena? Looks like he wanted to be, wanted to see if the press would give it some attention if a white person instigates. He apparently got what he was after.

Its funny watching the press coverage here dance around the issue. That big question.....Why were not any blacks charged with hate crime when punching whites. Well that looks like a rhetorical question the thing has gotten so lop sided.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Logarock
reply to post by beatbox

How is it that a white guy gets to be poster boy for the "knock out" phenomena? Looks like he wanted to be, wanted to see if the press would give it some attention if a white person instigates. He apparently got what he was after.

Its funny watching the press coverage here dance around the issue. That big question.....Why were not any blacks charged with hate crime when punching whites. Well that looks like a rhetorical question the thing has gotten so lop sided.

I concur, but I think he should have hit the other players of this game like a 14 yr old not a 79 yr old.

This has been kept out of the media for years, now when they let in the media about something the policing community have known about some 20 years than they still don't want to make the obvious arrests and charges.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Already posted

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by beatbox

Authorities say the assailant was attempting to see whether a "knockout" attack on a black victim would be nationally televised.

Then why didnt out of respect for the elderly did he not choose a victum between the ages of 18 and 45 instead of choosing a 80 year old. Kids these days r a bunch of cowards, skinny jeans and facebook is all they care about. No Honor, No class, No heart

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

DocScurlock
reply to post by beatbox

Authorities say the assailant was attempting to see whether a "knockout" attack on a black victim would be nationally televised.

Then why didnt out of respect for the elderly did he not choose a victum between the ages of 18 and 45 instead of choosing a 80 year old. Kids these days r a bunch of cowards, skinny jeans and facebook is all they care about. No Honor, No class, No heart

All they understand is what society teaches them.
Society today has no honor, class or heart.

Sure they scream to the rafters about empathy and then they let kids act like animals.
Then the animals grow up and they cry about how mean society is for caging the animals.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by beatbox

Well obviously any thug who gets his kicks out of beating up old people should be let free. And maybe given $100,000 compensation?

If it was your grandfather he beat up you wouldn't want him jailed, would you?

Edit: or is the suggestion that this thug was retarded and incapable of responsiblity for his actions - in which case his carers are guilty?

edit on 28-12-2013 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
This is why we need the death penalty.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

OccamsRazor04

Yes, because killing someone for being a stupid prick with a political chip on his shoulder is totally justifiable.

Half the people on this forum should get the death penalty, apprently.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

beatbox
If you do the research you would find out that "The Knockout Game" was actually created by the media...

Haha! Made me laugh, good one OP. I knew people in high school in the late 90's that "played" this game. The "games" popularity rises and sinks, sometimes its more popular than others. It's just now we have kids with cellphones with built in cameras everywhere.

So NO, the media didn't create anything, kids have for a few years now. It's just now thanks to Youtube and idiots filming themselves that its gaining attention.

As for the guy in your story, I guess he got his answer. I hope he rots in jail, attacking the elderly is some of the lowest anyone can do.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

TheRegal

OccamsRazor04

Yes, because killing someone for being a stupid prick with a political chip on his shoulder is totally justifiable.

Half the people on this forum should get the death penalty, apprently.

So you think half the people on this forum have brutally attacked a 79 year old man breaking his jaw for no reason?

I think you are wrong.

top topics

join