It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Humor Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Gotta get this out while Intrepid is known to be drinking coffee.

This is Canada's Top Ten List of America's Stupidity. Of course we look like idiots…

10) Only in America ... could politicians talk about the greed of the rich at a $35,000.00 a plate campaign fund-raising event.

9) Only in America ... could people claim that the government still discriminates against black Americans when they have a black President, a black Attorney General and roughly 20% of the federal workforce is black while only 14% of the population is black. 40+% of all federal entitlements goes to black Americans – 3X the rate that go to whites, 5X the rate that go to Hispanics!

8) Only in America ... could they have had the two people most responsible for our tax code, Timothy Geithner (the head of the Treasury Department) and Charles Rangel (who once ran the Ways and Means Committee), BOTH turn out to be tax cheats who are in favor of higher taxes.

7) Only in America ... can they have terrorists kill people in the name of Allah and have the media primarily react by fretting that Muslims might be harmed by the backlash.

6) Only in America ... would they make people who want to legally become American citizens wait for years in their home countries and pay tens of thousands of dollars for the privilege, while they discuss letting anyone who sneaks into the country illegally just 'magically' become American citizens.

5) Only in America ... could the people who believe in balancing the budget and sticking by the country's Constitution be thought of as "extremists."

4) Only in America ... could you need to present a driver's license to cash a check or buy alcohol, but not to vote.

3) Only in America .. could people demand the government investigate whether oil companies are gouging the public because the price of gas went up when the return on equity invested in a major U.S. oil company (Marathon Oil) is less than half of a company making tennis shoes (Nike).

2) Only in America ... could the government collect more tax dollars from the people than any nation in recorded history, still spend a Trillion dollars more than it has per year - for total spending of $7-Million PER MINUTE, and complain that it doesn't have nearly enough money.

1) Only in America ... could the rich people - who pay 86% of all income taxes - be accused of not paying their "fair share" by people who don't pay any income taxes at all.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Unfortunately, it takes someone from the outside to show us our stupidity. Good list, and I would have to add these additional ones to your list...

Only in America they can make it illegal to drive without a seat belt, but make it legal for motorcyclists to ride without a helmet.

Only in America can they complain about the lagging in education rankings, yet they reduce education funding and continue to implement programs that dumb down education.

Only in America can they pride themselves on human rights, yet there are 47 million nonelderley Americans without health care.

I'm sure we can add more to your list.
edit on 28-12-2013 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Although most of these are sadly true, I never heard the number one reason you listed. Where did you find that percentage? I'm not going to complain about it though because I'm a disabled vet and don't pay any taxes so I guess I have to shut up. I did pay taxes before though and I remember when I was 30 I paid 38% of my paycheck to State and Federal taxes because I was divorced, no kids and didn't own a house or any property. I thought that was a little excessive. Though I paid less dollars than a rich guy, I bet it hurt me worse than the rich guy paying the 86%. Great points you bring up, though kind of depressing. Flag and stars for you my Canadian friend.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
That isn't humor, that is how it is in America. I know that isn't normal rational behavior but we are stuck with it. The sad part is that most people accept the way things are as normal. If you start to see the truth, it is time to visit a doctor and get a pill.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

WeRpeons
reply to post by Snarl

Unfortunately, it takes someone from the outside to show us our stupidity. Good list, and I would have to add these additional ones to your list...

Only in America they can make it illegal to drive without a seat belt, but make it legal for motorcyclists to ride without a helmet.

Only in America can they complain about the lagging in education rankings, yet they reduce education funding and continue to implement programs that dumb down education.

Only in America can they pride themselves on human rights, yet there are 47 million nonelderley Americans without health care.

I'm sure we can add more to your list.
edit on 28-12-2013 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

Here in Oregon they wanted a lottery. So they way they got it passed was to say that all the money was going to go for education. So everybody said "okay, now we won't have to keep getting our State taxes raised for school funding". Now only a small portion goes for schools and it seems like every year they are saying they are going to have to lay off teachers because they can't afford them in our budget! We have lottery, poker machines, scratch tickets etc. now and that isn't enough to pay the salaries for our teachers. But, we do have money from the lottery that goes to politicians friends who use some of the funds as opportunity grants to help start companies that will employ Oregonians. I read about one guy who got the funding to start a call center company to help people with some tech issues and after a couple of years the guy laid off all the phone people and out sourced it to India.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
There's no way that Snarl is a Canadian because he/she would never spell humour as "H-U-M-O-R".

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

CranialSponge
There's no way that Snarl is a Canadian because he/she would never spell humour as "H-U-M-O-R".

Can I get some credit? I did consider spelling it 'properly.'

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Snarl

CranialSponge

Can I get some credit? I did consider spelling it 'properly.'

Hell no.

No soup for you !

top topics

join