It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orbs?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by yorkshirelad

Please, post some examples that look like the Op.

Then we can compare.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I've never been one to put much stock into the orb "phenomenon". I've actually taken several photos that have orbs in them, but each time they were easily explainable. However, the image below is interesting to me, as it is from a trail-cam and the deer in the photo seems to be reacting to an orb....I'll post, you decide:

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

Hi LeatherNLace....that is an awesome picture! The deer is certainly reacting to something, and the orb right in front of it...makes you wonder?
I was just looking through my own strange orb pics, but I'm not sure I want to post any more. Personally, I'm open to believing that there is more to this world than meets the human eye...but not everyone agrees, lol.

jacygirl

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Someone's a little moist.
As in the orb is most likely a particle of moisture or dust.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
My Christmas time photos were filled with orbs this year. I'd post them if it was just me in the photos, but most are of my mother with the kids and hubby. So I won't post them, as they might not appreciate their faces plastered on ATS. I'd like to say they were dust or lens flares, but I'm not certain that that is all they are.

CdT

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

CirqueDeTruth
My Christmas time photos were filled with orbs this year. I'd post them if it was just me in the photos, but most are of my mother with the kids and hubby. So I won't post them, as they might not appreciate their faces plastered on ATS. I'd like to say they were dust or lens flares, but I'm not certain that that is all they are.

CdT

Well, I had to respond to you because of your cute patriotic avatar!!

On orbs, I have never gotten excited (of course I could also care less about whether or not Big Foot exists!) I think they are mostly dust particles and if you think about it, almost (if not always) they show up in a photo with the flash on!).
Being in the semiconductor industry and working in class 10 clean rooms I had to take a lot of classes on dust particles.
One thing I learned is there is ALWAYS dust in the air (unless you are in a clean room with 1 micron or less filters) and these dust particles are made up of a LOT of different things, such as silica, cosmic dust (this is dust that filters down through the atmosphere from space) inside it also is dead animal and human skin cells- yuk) and as you know if you look at the sun streaming through the window you will see these with the naked eye.
Well, all these particles are moving around due to eddies and other airflow currents and as they do, they are tumbling, and some such as silica has sides that will reflect light if turned the right way.
Sooooo, sometimes one or more will be turned to reflect the flash, hence the 'orb' effect.
On photo's I am familiar with the only unusual thing I couldn't explain was a few years ago my daughter and 3 of her friends went to the mall to waste time and spend money, she (my daughter) picked up a one-time use (real film) camera with flash and took up all the photos just goofing around, when they were developed she said "dad, look at this!" EVERY photo that had my daughter in it had an orange colored 'blob' in front of her face, it didn't matter which side she was on and what the pose, there was that blob! We didn't think it paranormal or anything and we both laughed about it.
But about a year or so ago I started thinking about it and could not come up with an explanation!
Weird, but no orbs!

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I think orbs are spirits or Astal projection.

Life is the fetus stage of the spirit.

E=mc^2 which means that energy = mass

energy can not be destroyed nor created only transfered. So when we die our energy doesnt die it become the spirit a different kind of energy different from mass.

edit on 29-12-2013 by Sagitaris because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-12-2013 by Sagitaris because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SgtHamsandwich

Lens flare...... I don' think so''''

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Plenty more!

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

" She wore Lemon. See through in the Sun Light. She had Heaven"

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

SgtHamsandwich
"Orbs" are either dust partials, lens flares and occasionally insects. Generally this happens in a particular setting with low light and a flash being used on the camera. Looking at your photos, it appears to be the perfect setting for an "Orb" sighting.

Orbs explained
edit on 12 28 2013 by SgtHamsandwich because: Added a link

Actually I have literally THOUSANDS of pictures of "orbs". At night AND during the day. with both film AND digital cameras. I discarded the ones that were definitely moisture, dust, pollen or insects. The most convincing of them being a "phenomenon" are the ones where there 12 or 15 and one "flying" straight completely across the frame. If the flash syncs around 1/60 of a second, then the moving orb would have to be moving around 50 ft or more in less than a 60th of a second. No insects fly that fast or that straight. And if it was dust or moisture ALL of the orbs would be moving also. Not just one.

They like water and animals. I have dozens of pictures of large ones over my dog(s). And shooting vertically upwards leaving light trails, during the day, over a pond and over streams.

I'm a graduate of Brooks institute of Photography and spent 14 years in the movie business in Hollywood. Not one engineer, technician, camera operator or director of photography that I showed them to can explain them. They know what they're NOT, but no idea of what they ARE. I checked the color temp/graph of flashes to see if there's a part of the spectrum that's illuminating them. It's definitely not that.

I discovered them by taking pictures at night outdoors where I lived. Which was Chumash indian land. I lived on a semi-tropical ranch that was like a jungle in the foothills by the Pacific ocean and spent almost every night after work with the dogs in the hills behind me hiking around looking at the stars and the lights from Santa Barbara.

I have some CRAZY pictures. Some with hundreds of orbs. Some with just a couple and some with one HUGE one hovering over my dogs. PLUS, orbs with swirling smoke, NOT my breath(!) of white and/or red.The white surrounds the dogs, the red "smoke" is always in a swirling pattern in the distance.

So, catching them during the day with no flash and with both film and digital cameras both with and without flash has me convinced they're some form of energy. NOT pollen, dust, moisture or insects. I threw a lot of those pictures away.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I didn't mention that the orbs in my pictures are in no way, shape or form "lens flare". The light source would have to be pointed toward the lens and would take the shape of the aperture of the camera iris and be in a line from point light source to the center of the (lens).

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I am totally enjoying reading everyones thoughts and stories, and seeing their pictures!
Those who reject the "spirit" hypothesis put up some very good arguments too... please continue to add whatever you feel is relevant to the subject- I am fascinated!!!

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Bluesma

MrMaybeNot
Please search google for "lens flares".
2nd.

LOL- when trying to open an exchange with others, I kinda hope others would feel motivated enough to input more than a one liner "hint" at what they'd like to share!

An extract from Wikipedia on lens flare (I know that isn't the best and most reliable source, it provides me with a take off point though) it says:

The spatial distribution of the lens flare typically manifests as several starbursts, rings, or circles in a row across the image or view. Lens flare patterns typically spread widely across the scene and change location with the camera's movement relative to light sources, tracking with the light position and fading as the camera points away from the bright light until it causes no flare at all. The specific spatial distribution of the flare depends on the shape of the aperture of the image formation elements.

So I still wonder how no change in position, environment, lighting or settings, can still produce such a difference? Perhaps you have an explanation to suggest?

Sorry my friend, yesterday was not my best day and when I read what I posted it DOES sound a little aggressive
I'm no expert on reflections / refraction but I know that lens flares show up in a bunch of pictures I take and they look exactly like what you posted. I can't answer your question but I'm sure some experts will

top topics

<< 1   >>

join