It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orbs?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I have never really paid too much attention to the so-called "orb" phenomenon, but in looking at a picture of my kids taken last Christmas, I noticed what looks like that in one. Here are two photos taken just seconds apart... one has these little dots and the other doesn't.
Is this what orbs look like (for those who believe in that)?
Is there another sort of photographic anamoly that known for causing this effect?

I am just curious, and would appreciate any sort of input anyone wishes to throw on the table!

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Please search google for "lens flares".
2nd.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
"Orbs" are either dust partials, lens flares and occasionally insects. Generally this happens in a particular setting with low light and a flash being used on the camera. Looking at your photos, it appears to be the perfect setting for an "Orb" sighting.

Orbs explained
edit on 12 28 2013 by SgtHamsandwich because: Added a link

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Hi Bluesma!
You won't find much support for orbs here I'm afraid. Most people will tell you it's dust, lens flare, moisture...etc. My own personal experiences tell me that they are NOT any of those things.

I recently moved from a house that was filled with orbs, and I have lots of pictures of them (and other strangeness, lol). Wisps of `smoke` when nothing was burning (no cigarettes, candles, incense)....orbs appearing where I `ask` them to appear....different colours and sizes. I even have a picture of what appears to be an orb in motion. (I can try to post some pics later if you`re interested....haven`t had enough coffee yet, lol!)

I`m living in a highrise apartment building now, and have never had anything appear in a photo here. The last house also had a very dark energy feeling to it, and I was very happy to leave it behind.

I would love to hear from anybody else with similar experiences too.
jacygirl

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SgtHamsandwich

Well, these possibilities did come tomind first, of course... but as I said, the thing that puts that into question for me is that two photos, taken literally seconds apart, without change in lighting, placement, camera settings or flash, came out so different. Do you have a hypothesis that explains this?

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

MrMaybeNot
Please search google for "lens flares".
2nd.

LOL- when trying to open an exchange with others, I kinda hope others would feel motivated enough to input more than a one liner "hint" at what they'd like to share!

An extract from Wikipedia on lens flare (I know that isn't the best and most reliable source, it provides me with a take off point though) it says:

The spatial distribution of the lens flare typically manifests as several starbursts, rings, or circles in a row across the image or view. Lens flare patterns typically spread widely across the scene and change location with the camera's movement relative to light sources, tracking with the light position and fading as the camera points away from the bright light until it causes no flare at all. The specific spatial distribution of the flare depends on the shape of the aperture of the image formation elements.

So I still wonder how no change in position, environment, lighting or settings, can still produce such a difference? Perhaps you have an explanation to suggest?

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

I agree!
Not much support here, unless you are lucky and meet the few here who know better. (I wish people would stop blaming the lenses when orbs were visible to the naked eye, or rain , when it wasn't even raining....)

I recently started a thread on orbs. I went to a place of pilgrimage in Hungary, the whole mountain was full of orbs. You could even see them with the naked eye. I'm guessing a lot of spirits must have felt drawn to that place.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

That is interesting. Thanks for sharing! I'd welcome any further input and experiences you'd like to put out there!

I sometimes see orbs with my eyes, and though I will tend to assume those too, are either dust particules or some sort of effect within my optic nerve, it has been the associated events that seem to correlate with it that sometimes causes me to question that as well.

In the case of these pictures, no strange events happened, so I cannot say the same here.

I tend towards more down to earth perspectives usually, but am not beyond a certain open mindedness which acknowledges that we humans have always liked to believe we understand everything already, while continually finding out we don't.....

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Rainbowresidue

...Off to check out your thread.... thanks!

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Thank you for responding Rainbow and Bluesma!
I`m still fumbling around with the new ATS format, and trying to get some of my pics up. I know that others will tear them apart...claim photoshop or hoax, lol....but they are untouched, and just plain strange. Give me some time to figure out how to post them, and then you can let me know what you think.

I`m going to read up on how to include pics in a post...hopefully be back soon.
jacygirl

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Bluesma
reply to post by SgtHamsandwich

Well, these possibilities did come to mind first, of course... but as I said, the thing that puts that into question for me is that two photos, taken literally seconds apart, without change in lighting, placement, camera settings or flash, came out so different. Do you have a hypothesis that explains this?

I'm not a believer in "orbs" nor do i 100% definite proof that they are not paranormal. Just by looking at your two photos in the OP, i can tell its definite low light. The top photo is much darker in the back ground than the bottom photo. This tells me that the focus in the second photo may have been at a different point from the first which allowed for more light to hit the camera sensor. If that is the case then there may have not been enough light in the first photo for the camera to see what looks like dust in the second photo. I've seen many dust "orb" photos and I've seen many "orb" photos that question what I personally believe. This particular one looks like dust IMHO. It's very common to have multiple photos of the same thing in succession that have "orbs" appear in one but not all, it just depends on what the internals of the camera are doing at the time of the photo, like a perfect storm scenario.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
One time I saw a picture of an orb we took and it had this in it:

www.soulsofdistortion.nl...

Thats what I saw.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

This is the 'orb in motion' pic.

This is me looking up (face edited out, lol)...hands open, asking "Can I please see you?" I couldn't see anything with my naked eye, but sure enough....big orb in the picture, right where I was looking!

jacygirl

P.S. Will post some really strange ones soon.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Some could be dust particles, or lens flare, but not all of them are. I have come across many where you can actually see a face in them.
I don't have time to search for them now to post here, but if you would like to see them, maybe I can come back later and post.

One way to see if these are really orbs is to increase the size and see if you see a face, which is what I just did.
I did see a face, but I don't know how to capture a screen shot to post it here.

Can someone tell me how to do that?

edit on 12/28/2013 by sled735 because: add comment

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

The easiest way is to zoom in to your desired size. Press the PtrScn key then open up Paint, right click and then paste. Crop out what you don't want then save as your desired format. Hope that helps.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
1stpost 2nd photo is 99.9999% (nothing ever is sure duh) a lens flare if you provide more info about what is that thing in right top corner i guess i can even mark for you the spot where the light causing it came from.
photo parameters HAVE change. all of them. the position, angle, people moved, lightning changed (seeing from brightness of photo AND position of shadow in topright corner.). anything can give off such a flare effect. any light source, any metal object, water, picture frame, anything that reflects light good, AND it doesnt have to end up in the photo...

www.mpi-inf.mpg.de...

as for the photos by jacygirl :
interesting... these "orbs" are defying perspective
they are also "moving" exactly on a plane paralel to your camera (end up same size on the photo despite "moving"). it is a) photoshop ?
))) or b) stuff on your lens, it doesnt have to be on the outer lens, a camera lens is complicated inside and if you get dust / water / whatnot inside stuff like this comes up in photos... it can also be a reflection from something like a watch/jewelery whatever.

sorry but its just not paraphenomena, its just optics etc...

thats my opinion as a photographer and a raytracer software developer

en.wikipedia.org...(graphics)
edit on 28-12-2013 by LucifersAngel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

I am just curious, and would appreciate any sort of input anyone wishes to throw on the table!

I have noticed a few folks trying to claim "Orbs" can be seen in photos. I personally in my 50 + years have never seen "Orbs" in photos, not once. But...........

I have seen "Orbs" sometimes referred to as White Light Orbs with my own eyes, twice. After 30, well, 35 years of research now, I have competed my research on them.

Of course, there are those who disagree with my findings, but usually those who disagree, have never "Seen The Light".
They prefer to keep the shades on

There is another hidden story about humanity and its saga. And its only a matter of time before that story comes into the "Light".

Something to think about......

edit on 28-12-2013 by All Seeing Eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I got it as large as the re-sizer would allow. Now, hit the control and + keys at the same time to enlarge this pic. You should be able to see it clearly.

Do you see the face? He/she is looking toward the upper right. I see eyebrows, eyes, and a big smile.

Happy little spirit.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I can see an Orb in both pictures. In the first picture, along the right edge, about 3/4s of the way up to the top.

If it was dust within the lens, then it should stay in the same place in the picture. What kind of cam are you using, anything with zoom capabilities, or just a cel phone cam?

I see several orbs in the second photo.

Maybe just dust floating in the air, but it doesn't look like lens flares to me.

Here is a good link on lens flare. I am not seeing the typical characteristics of lens flare in your photos.

www.cambridgeincolour.com...
edit on 28-12-2013 by poet1b because: forgot to add link, and typos

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

sled735
I got it as large as the re-sizer would allow. Now, hit the control and + keys at the same time to enlarge this pic. You should be able to see it clearly.

Do you see the face? He/she is looking toward the upper right. I see eyebrows, eyes, and a big smile.

Happy little spirit.

There's also the face of a man on the moon............think about it .........

FYI I can take pictures of Orbs at anytime. That's because I pick a specific camera, ensure the flash is on and make sure the atmosphere is a little damp or dusty.

I can also see orbs with my naked eye, again I have to be wearing my specs, the atmosphere as previously stated and a bright light source in front of me, night time with street lights is perfect!!!!

Think about it.........

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join