It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre Fossilized "Crested Skull" in Curiosity Sol 424,425?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
This is really odd. I know the weird environment of Mars, but this is really, really strange... During an overview on Curiosity "old" images, I find this bizarre, simmetric anomaly, like a "Crested Skull".
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

ehnanced

Something like this...?

edit on 28-12-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
My first thought was dragon!

Whether real or pareidolia, I love the "rock" threads.
You could have been right 1,000 times over and nobody would be the wiser... including you. That's awesome and not so awesome at the same time. Either way I love the passion! 2 thumbs WAY UP from me!

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Whats the deal with the little alien drawing thats on the rock lol or am i just seeing things

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Crested skull? Looks more like a crested stone to me!!

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
80% of the time I agree with you and see what you see, unfortunately this is one of the 20% I dont.
To me it seems like a rock LOL

Once again love your threads and appreciate the effort

S&F for hard work but not for the rock

EDIT: sorry to be negative but felt that in the name of consistency and balance I should post like I do in all the other threads you make
edit on 28/12/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

You are ALWAYS welcome. I respect all the opinions.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe

You could have been right 1,000 times over and nobody would be the wiser... including you. That's awesome and not so awesome at the same time. Either way I love the passion! 2 thumbs WAY UP from me!

When that creature was alive, we could call it "Dragon"!

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I'm thinking its a rock

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

Maybe, but my take is it looks like a broken petrified dung pile that could have had a piece of shard broken off to serve as an arrowhead or axe type of tool or even a weapon for some primitive life! If not then it's a rock for sure.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Brotherman
I'm thinking its a rock

That's because it is a rock, and a particularly rock-like rock at that. You can clearly see that the 'crest' is actually 3-dimensional and has a flat surface sloping away to the right.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Brotherman
I'm thinking its a rock

I'm thinking it's some substance of solid homogeneous inorganic stucture of finite chemical composition

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Why is there a perfectly strait edge? That doesn't happen in nature. Does it??

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

That doesn't happen in nature. Does it??

Yes. Yes it does.
blog.aapg.org...

edit on 12/28/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Arken, I truly admire your posts. It takes no small amount of effort to put your stuff together. I will have to admit that it is like looking at clouds for me. I keep hoping you will be the one to find something truly amazing though!

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Honestly? I swear in the summer I'm going to walk around the river bank and photograph all sorts of rocks that looks like other things. So many threads with pictures of rocks. I don't get it. If NASA did find something that wasn't the norm, wouldn't they hold press conferences and tout their new discovery to the world. Mainly to try to secure further funding? I'm pretty sure they would be trying pretty hard to find something, anything to make this mission " special" and get all the money and accolades NASA loves.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Night Star
Why is there a perfectly strait edge? That doesn't happen in nature. Does it??

You'd be surprised.

Galena

Halite

Pyrite

Columnar Jointing

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

A rock.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe

My first thought was dragon, too. But more probably a sand dragon that crawls and /or slithers on the martain sands, as the atmosphere is too thin to support dragon flight. Possibly subsists on rock munchers.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

One thing I find awesome about your threads is that they fill a gap that many ATS users aren't willing to navigate through. It's that "what if" gap and people will come on and say "rock" nine times out of ten but then, that one time out of ten, even the most curmudgeonly of the bunch will occasionally say "Hmm... Arken, that is pretty interesting picture".

People know what to expect when seeing your thread on a list yet those cranky ones will still stop in every time. Why? Because even they are waiting for something cool and they deep down expect it to come from something like one of your threads.

As to the picture, this one looks like a rock. But who's to say that there aren't life forms that look like rocks?! For all we know, they are looking at us and saying we look like trees.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
This one has rock written all over it (in pencil). Arken has found several really good ones, and is allowed a swing and a strike sometimes as long as he stays at bat.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join