It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bitcoin Forum?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Any plans for a Bitcoin forum? It kind of 'quietly' took over the world currencies and is the center of some huge continental/cultural government impositions...China and India being the two main ones in recent week(s)...

Just wondering...

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
It definitely seems as though Bitcoin and the other Crypto-currency's are here to stay. Some people can't stand them but its meteoric rise to fame can't be ignored. Virgin Galactic accepts Bitcoin as a form of payment for sub-orbital flights, there are jobs that pay in Bitcoin(s), and I think PayPal is eyeing Bitcoin or some other form of Crypto-currency as currency for interstellar transactions-you know it's coming

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

The CEO of PayPal is on record that he owns Bitcoin and will integrate it when it is less volatile...

news.cnet.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Ok. Now it makes sense that Paypal wants to use Bitcoin as Cosmic Currency. If they can do that it will establish Bitcion as the "Coin" of the future for use on other worldly colonies and just for the vast distances in space. Having a central Bank won't work in Space, keeping track of the money with the massive distances in Space will lead to problems; any record keeping will be a nightmare. The currency used will have to be digital.

What say you?

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Lolz...I say I might understand why there isn't a Bitcoin forum here...Carry on...

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   

I can't speak to the desire for a forum, but I want to weigh in by saying that I find the bitcoin/alternative currency stuff very exciting, and it serves to me as a reminder of what is possible in this world, which is a lot.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

This would be great indeed!

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   

bitcoin was created in 2009 but really came into Its' own in 2012

bitcoin is in-my-opinion a spin-off of 2012 and should be treated as a product of the 'real world' reality' 2012 thread

bitcoin & worldwide volcano activity are both increasing with 2912 being the generally accepted start-point
edit on th31138823438628392013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

I've got to wait a while before my investment pays off then? lol
My advise to anyone is buy some Bitcoin even small fractions of a coin as a long term investment. If your looking for short term gains then stay clear.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

I don't think that logic works. The 2012 forum was based on the Mayan Calender doom and gloom scenario...which didn't pan out.

Bitcoin actually started gaining mainstream in the earlish part of 2013 so I am not sure your reasoning is any kind of applicable...though points should be given for weird logic...

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   

ANTHONY33
reply to post by St Udio

I've got to wait a while before my investment pays off then? lol
My advise to anyone is buy some Bitcoin even small fractions of a coin as a long term investment. If your looking for short term gains then stay clear.

Anyone who want "small fractions of BitCoin" can check this, its really free, dunno how he/she manage it, but got paid for 3 weeks already.

Small fractions though, just for fun.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

MemoryShock

The CEO of PayPal is on record that he owns Bitcoin and will integrate it when it is less volatile...

news.cnet.com...

He owns Bitcoins.

"I really like Bitcoin. I own bitcoins," Marcus said at the LeWeb conference here.

He's saying he's a Bitcoin user, not that he owns the company.

I believe it's still unknown who is behind Bitcoin. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I'm guessing that is a no.

new topics

top topics

join