It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An interesting person.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I don't know how long this is going to take me to type up and there is most likely going to be a lot of points where it seems like I am just thinking as I type. I like to write this way.

Quick Bio:: I'm 18, pretending to go to college so my parents don't kick me out because I can't live up to their extreme expectation, and still trying to find myself. I am a writer of all sorts, but I love rapping even though I hate rap. (I am one with the universe, I am a paradox.) I am so deeply complex even I can probably never understand me. I went through bullying pretty much from 3rd grade until my freshman year in high school when I jumped off a chair and hit a bully in the chin. Resorted to doing things I'm not proud of, no hard drugs or anything, but still.

Anyways, I'll save you guys the pity party. I've been on ATS for a few months now, and it's helped me learn so much. I always hated the educational system because it seemed to be a mindless repetition of the same irrelevant information. I've always been a proponent of self-education, that way you can learn what's relevant to you and excel at it and find yourself in a more efficient manner. I'm big into metaphysics and I've been trying to astral project. I've only had one lucid dream. I flew and threw a fireball before waking up out of excitement. Oh, the immaturity.

My music reflects parts of me I already know about and want to deal with and/or heal, and it also seems to enlighten me to portions of my soul I didn't know were that damaged, seemingly irreparable (though I know that isn't the case). It's the constant battle between the Yin-Yang, the Light and Dark, Everything and Nothing, Lost and Found, you can go on forever. On the days they are balanced, I can write more complex songs and improve my delivery tremendously, it's an amazing feeling. Although I can't make any original instrumentals, when searching for free beats, I try to find ones that tingle my bones. I know it sounds strange, but I have the courage to type behind a screen, after all, I did just say I'm a rapper. I digress, but it's like the song vibrates with me, I can feel it, but at the same time, it feels odd, like it feels what I'm feeling at the time. Also, I find beats that fit to pre-written lyrics, as beat isn't my main concern so much as the written expression of my emotion.

I hope I can share my music on here even though it's not 100% original since the beats I use are allowed for free, promotional use only. My lyrics are extremely deep. I try to write in specific generalizations, things that directly apply to me, but can still relate to many different people feeling many different same things, even pulling it off using only one sentence. I like to hint at the government doing its dirty things, as well as metaphysics, in almost every song. I'm also unfortunately bullying back all of my past bullies, something I don't want to do, but it finds its way into my writing so I guess it's a part of me for now.

When I finally get enough money to make decent music, I want to be that musician that brings peace back into the world. I know it sounds hard, but music is the most popular thing. Almost everybody experiences music. All it takes is one trend big enough to change the tides. I want to be able to make people feel again, positive thoughts, I want people to wake up and realize changing the world starts with changing themselves.

Remember, a macrosystem cannot function without the microsystem.

I apologize, for that was not quick at all. If anyone has any questions for me, ask anything, I won't be shy on here. Please do, I need small talk.

"I like being alone, but not lonely.-Me"

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Thank you very much!! Beautiful avatar.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Lynk3

Welcome to ATS, Lynk3!

For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send and receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send and receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the plethora of information provided below:

Terms and Conditions ...... (Very important, please review.)

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

General ATS Discussion Etiquette

Complaints and How to Contact ATS Staff

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Feel free to ask any questions you may have. In the meantime, kick your feet up, have a look around, and enjoy your stay.

BoneZ,
ATS Moderator and Member

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Lynk3

Welcome to ATS Lynk

I can tell you like writing by your post, you do it very well and I dare say you'll enjoy your time in this here crazy zoo.

As for the education thing, a lot of my friends, work colleagues etc say I am one of the brightest and smartest people they know. I wasted my chance at schooling though, at the age of 23 I have few pieces of paper that let people know I am knowledgeable due to my past mistakes and I am still rectifying that to this day. I'll never stop learning but I do regret having the "I'll educate myself better" kind of attitude, I used to be the guy who picks the flaws and mistakes in what the teachers taught... Alas, I only left school with 4 GCSE's because for the last 2 years I was never there.

Those damn pieces of paper are more important than I ever imagined, so my advice is try your best to acquire at least one or two.

Again, welcome to ATS.
I'm sure I'll see you around the boards some day.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Hey there welcome to ATS, go on down to supply and tell the Lance Corporal your there to be issued your tin foil hat

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Thank you for the information. I've read most of it, I will finish up soon.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Lynk3

Welcome to ATS Lynk3. Nice well written intro.

I'm 18, pretending to go to college so my parents don't kick me out because I can't live up to their extreme expectation, and still trying to find myself.

Lots of people pretend to go to college, then they get degrees and pretend they learned something. Sometimes they even do.

Maybe take some courses in music would help you. "Tibi ipsi esto fidelis"

See you on the boards.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by RAY1990

The advice you gave was the same advice my head gave to me when I actually motivated myself to try this semester. I checked my mid-term grades, and the 4.0 GPA meant absolutely nothing to me. There's a hole in me I need to fill. I don't know if it's love, as I'm 18 and haven't even kissed a girl, but I know music will guide me. And I'll never claim to be better than anyone else, or smarter, but I will always claim good. The world needs good more than it needs my diploma at the moment.

P.S. I may go back one day, after I'm done with everything else. I'm not even sure anymore.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Welcome!

Now the "mom" in me sees that you are young and a bit naïve it seems about some things, and I want to tell you to stay in school and work hard and learn lots! But the other part of me wants to encourage you to pursue your passions, to find yourself, to learn by doing, and not get caught up in the system.

BUT, the system is all around us, and you gotta eat. So, I'm torn.

Also, there are some bullies here on ATS, so be mindful and don't ever let anyone make you feel less than here. It's easy for some to hide behind their keyboards and be nasty for no good reason. There are also the most kind, the most funny and the some of the smartest folks around here.

I wish you the best in your ATS adventures!

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Galadriel

Thank you for your understanding. I'm the type of person however, that would starve to make sure someone else doesn't. The kind that hands a homeless man a hotdog before I give him a dollar, because unfortunately, we all know where the dollar goes. And it doesn't matter what the situation is, it just goes somewhere it shouldn't. That's why I feel music is so important. It can save without any material attachment.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Galadriel

Double Post. Sorry.
edit on 27-12-2013 by Lynk3 because: double post.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Lynk3

Welcome to ATS. Santa left a new forum navigation scooter for you. Enjoy the ride!

Des

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Lynk3

I highly appreciate you are making peaceful music!! I've seen too many people act hard n tough and think it's cool because of music and I'm sick of the I'm Ballin so hard crap lol You kinda remind me of my favorite rapper RZA, yea he's from wu-tang, but he's got some deep solo songs. He has some deep lyrics and knowledge. Once he rapped the saying The Pen is Mightier than the Sword, which is so true so I wish you the best with spreading peace, can't wait to hear it....PeaceBornKnowledge as RZA would say
edit on 28-12-2013 by ladybug121 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ladybug121

Thanks, I love Rakim's stuff too. He has interesting vocabulary and technique. I basically just absorbed Eminem, Rakim, Wu-Tang, Wayne, Hopsin and Tupac, and just created light from the darkness. It's odd though, I feel like Eminem was speaking to me through his album. I'll be a nut if I get into it.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Lynk3

Welcome to ATS! Entering during the holiday season presents you with many interesting opportunities... Use them wisely... :-D

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Lynk3

Yay u like Wu Tang! Which Eminem album? I have all his older albums. I love the humor he used to have in his older music n videos. As far as his new music I've only heard what's on the radio so far. Been wondering If the new album is worth buying.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ladybug121

MMLP2 connected to me the hardest. Every track hit home in some way at a crucial moment in time. But I am influenced from Infinite and the mixtape of all his radio station freestyles.

*Edit* it is worth buying, especially if you can pick up the deluxe version. Beautiful Pain is an example of the type of rap I'm about. It's actually an exquisitely deep song with little to no vulgarity.

edit on 01312k3 by Lynk3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Lynk3

Cool ima check it out. Can't wait to hear your music

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Lynk3

Just checked out Beautiful Pain, lookin forward to your music even more lol.. Since you shared a song with me I'll share one of my fave RZA songs, it's called The Birth. He touches a lot of deep topics. Oh and my fave tupac song is So Many Tears.. Take care always
edit on 29-12-2013 by ladybug121 because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join