It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth Might Become Unlivable By 2100

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Earth Might Become Unlivable By 2100

A new study has revealed that global warming is increasing at an alarming rate which might result into intense droughts. If not much was done to minimize the rapid increase in global warning, the earth might become unlivable by 2050 or 2100

“The global warming that was previously predicted to occur within 2,000 years, is now predicted to occur within the lifetimes of some people who are alive even today,” wrote Dahr Jamail at Opednews.com.

In the last decade, because of global warming, the Greenland ice discharge has increased 632% and the snow cover in Northern hemisphere has already decreased by more than 50% since 1962.

Statistics show that the three most important global warming gases - Carbon dioxide, methane and nitrous oxide since 1750 have increased to levels higher than they have been in 800,000 years.

I dunno, it's hard for me to get any of this back and forth straight. I'm on the fence on just how fast or far this is headed. Sometimes I think Meh, then other times, I get very concerned and wonder if there's anything else I could do to help other than simply discuss the topic.

More scare tactics, or is this starting to become too obvious to ignore?

edit on 27-12-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

+23 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Forget all the rhetoric.

Fact remains we should strive for sustainable, clean energy.

Global warming, climate change...whatever, we're polluting this place and that needs to stop.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

It's unlivable now mate

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I think climate change is real. Im not sure of global warming or how much impact we have had quite frankly scientist cant properly gauge this. However if there is a chance we are having an impact it is better that we act not through political measure but through unilateral agreement led by scientist of all nations. However if you look back at the ice cores earths weather has actually been tame over the last 6000 years and infact this time frame is the anomaly, earth weather is normally much more violent over the span of millions of years. So once again im not convinced our impact is as severe as presented but like i said if there is even a slight impact we need to make an effort to minimize that
edit on 27-12-2013 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
It will be that long?? I am surprised it is that long of a "deadline" (no pun intended seriously). Like you, I go back and forth on this issue. I wonder one minute if it isn't hyped up nonsense, then I think they may be on to something.

It certainly doesn't hurt to live a bit cleaner here and there and continue to work on other sources of energy, etc. that are more enviromentally friendly regardless of where one stands on the did we/didn't we issue.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I feel this is a conservative figure. I think by 2050 most of mankind will be gone, we will have great wars that destroy almost everyone....over water. We wasted and continue wasting the groundwater. I brought my kids into a world that is going to be hell.

There is no fixing this, people will not change their ways, because of this we have gone over the tipping point. It will get much worse. I have confidence in mankind, they always wait till it is too late to do anything. Greed is the great destroyer. The people who do care are few in numbers compared to the masses of wasteful people. People will deny something exists if it is in contrast to their desired way of life.

So plan on this place coming uninhabitable within your grandchildrens lifetime. I'm glad I won't be stuck in an underground shelter. Neither will my grandchildren. They are not wealthy or of a powerful family. We probably won't be around to worry about it. For those who are religious, why would God or the Angels save us when we have trashed this paradise. Earth will undoubtedly become hell.

It is not just the pollution that is an issue, it is many things.
edit on 27-12-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

BABYBULL24
Yawn...

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

angryhulk

It's unlivable now mate

I think some areas shouldn't be lived in but unfortunately we are doing this to ourselves.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b896d6a1650c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

from the data and information I have been studying I feel there is a good chance that we are entering into a mini ice age.
The whole "Global Warming" thing is kaput!

I will not elaborate furture on the mini ice age call other than to say that the information is out there via credible sources.
Find out, like I did, for yourselves

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Owww man if the Earth becomes unlivable by 2100 how can the Covenant Empire invade Earth by 2552?

Back on topic I wonder if the TPTB got plans to evacuate this planet now that the earth ecology is deteriorating.......
edit on 27-12-2013 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

This was a nice little editorial write up on the internet. I read it earlier, but then realized this was just an opinion of the author.

Why I don't find this writer's page seriously is because:
a) "statistics show........" WHAT STATS?! Reference please....

and

b) There were no other factors considered
- like the god awful radiation leak spewing from Fukushima into the Pacific Ocean and thousands dying in near future from cancer while waters contaminated for the next 100s or 1000s of years
- any other natural disasters which affect nuclear power plants
- war

All these things plus anything not listed will either increase the rate of making this planet uninhabitable or instantly make it so....

That is why I didn't make a thread on this when I read it. Kudos to you though.

edit on 27-12-2013 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

BABYBULL24
Yawn...

Go to sleep, it's late!!!!

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

As of November 29, 2010, there were 1280 Superfund sites.

Sites that need a long term effort to clean up of contamination from pollution and toxins.

Like I said, the global warming rhetoric is just that.

Can you imagine what a Chinese superfund map would look like?

ETA: and as you can see by the replies in this thread, the rhetoric has blinded people into thinking that we're doing nothing wrong.

Scary
edit on 27-12-2013 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

global warming? SLAYER? what a f~~~?
are U for real? do U even live on this planet? why propaganda? did some one pay U for it?

just curious

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

AlphaHawk
ETA: and as you can see by the replies in this thread, the rhetoric has blinded people into thinking that we're doing nothing wrong.

Scary

Socks

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Not so negative...

Maybe we caused some really nasty things to spill, which will haunt us as long as humans walk the Earth.

We have definitely been lucky to live in an age of stability in Earths climate, and whatever we added to speed us into a climate of freak natural disasters, and other deadly problems nature will start throwing at us.. We deserve it.

But I'm pretty convinced, that when the last human dies and goes extinct, life will flourish for a long time into the future, with or without us. Even when it needs a few million years to recover our years of destroying the biological diversity, as we were part of...

The most likely future will be one with humans in it, imo. Although it might not be possible for a society like hours, to survive with us.

At least I know, I won't be around for it to happen.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I finally just now connected the dots, Slayer is Al Gore...

But on a serious note, if this is true, well, I'll be long gone by then.... Lets just hope they are exaggerating the claims...

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ZakOlongapo

Are you kidding me? This isn't a text between friends, it's a forum. So please, quit being lazy and actually type the two extra letters that make up the word "you". (Sorry to everyone for going off topic, but ATS is a place that's under scrutiny as it is due to the subject matter. Having people typing like tweens doesn't help.)

On topic - I don't care who is responsible for global warming. The way I see it is that we're already killing ourselves off. Look at the pure junk we leave behind, we're extremely wasteful. Plastics can (and should!) be reused/recycled. We should be longer ahead in the electric car game by now, it's not like the electric car is a new invention. Our factories pump out poison in our atmosphere daily, world wide. We fill our oceans with so much junk that I'm ashamed to call myself human. We over fish and generally never think about sustainability. And what irks me so much, is the fact that all of what I mentioned above was/is preventable. Or at the very least, we could limit our impact on earth's health.

And that's why I don't care about global warming. Either it's natural (which I honestly believe) or it's man-made. Either way, cleaning up our act and how we live will either help or not help global warming. Either way, it's only good for us, the earth and our fellow creatures that inhabit the earth with us.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join