It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extreme symptoms, Death toll rising, Current flu strain(s) "especially severe"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
These remedies have always worked for me when I had colds or flues...Find some sweet lemons,boil them in water with the skin on for a couple of minutes,then drink their juice.It is bitter as hell but it works perfectly if you repeat the process for a couple of days...Another good remedy my African friend suggested is garlic boiled in milk and then mixed as a drink,it tastes awful but it works like a magic...Ginger,rosemary,thyme,pure honey and chillantro are also very effective on colds specially if mixed with chicken soup...But if you are not into that stuff,there are always pills to take for an easy relief,but you will most likely suffer the side effects.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
got my flu shot in early November...felt fine ever since....maybe this is natures way of thinning the herd, all those that do not believe in science, and think vaccines is the work of a demonic godless gov'mt may end up participating in a lot of funerals.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I already posted on another thread, I just got out of a five day hospital stay with H1N1. Nasty, nasty virus.

I didn't seem like the normal flu. The first day I couldn't move but then the second day I felt pretty good but I still couldn't breathe well enough to go home ( maybe the drugs were making me feel better than I really was).

For the poster who was complaining about the checker girl who should stay home and it wasn't his problem that she was sick. I also have allergies and sinus problems - I HATE when people would think I had some contagious virus.

And if she was sick and had to work, if she needs the money to feed her kids, she's going to work. Just like you don't think how she is going to feed her kid is "your" problem, she may just feel the same way towards you?

So yes, in a way not providing poor health care DOES becomes the rich's problem - whether they like it or not.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Just avoid all Human contact until it blows over.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

You were in the hospital so I'm curious to know what prompted you to go there. I've heard of some having respiratory distress but at what point is there no question something is dangerously wrong?

To those speaking about the girl in the store. I see people out and about sick continually this last few weeks. Everyone is it seems. Probably not the flu but a bug is spreading about. The flu is likely transmitted before symptoms even show up, as most illnesses are. If sick people are coughing or sneezing all over you it's one thing but everyone should just practice good manners and heigeine.

Cough and sneeze into inner arm instead of hand. Wash hands and don't touch your face a lot. I like the mask idea if you have to work (would be strange but like someone said - they use them in Japan). I know doctors offices make people put them on where I live if someone is coughing or congested. I'm not sure I would want to wear one of those things (can't even stand them as a dust mask for long), but it may come to that. In the end - people have to work, may have dependents, etc.

As a side note - have my first earache/infection since I was a kid. Feel aches and tired but probably not the flu. The earache caught me by surprise though - as I wasn't aware they were so contagious (lots of people getting these). I assumed it was an infection because it was getting worse and hurt like he##. I also had a fever. I bought some "ear oil" that has mullein, allicin, and St. John's wart. It took about a half hour but this stuff is amazing. Pain went away 100%, and while I am repeating it a few times a day my ear ache (probable infection) is slowly disappearing. No antibiotics (yet). I wish eating garlic helped. It really doesn't zap anything out of me though. Will try some zinc.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

I didn't even think I had the flu at first. I just stopped my steroids from a recent asthma episode so I assumed I was going through a bad asthma attack.

I never been in the hospital for asthma in my adult life but things started to go gray, my oxygen rate was in the mid 80s, couldn't hold down water, worst stomach pain of my life and I couldn't hardly move so I knew something was really wrong.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

Thanks for sharing that. I think hearing what others are experiencing is valuable. My hands and feet were ice cold all day yesterday and a little bit of tingling going on in various areas (face and hands). I immediately thought of low oxygen but I'm not coughing. I am so glad you knew something was wrong and took action.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

jimmyx
got my flu shot in early November...felt fine ever since....maybe this is natures way of thinning the herd, all those that do not believe in science, and think vaccines is the work of a demonic godless gov'mt may end up participating in a lot of funerals.

The joke may still be on you.

1.) The flu vaccine from any one year is only comprised of the two or three strains they think most likely to be a problem that year. If another strain rears its ugly head and becomes the dominant strain or even passes through your area, you have no protection from it.

2.) Even with the vaccine, you only have about 60% protection from the strains in the shot, so you still could get infected with them. This is likely part of the origin of the myth that the vaccine actually gives you the flu - people who get the shot and then get the flu anyway. It's not perfect.

I'm not anti-vaccine by any measure, but I do my research. The flu vaccine even in the best years is still a crap-shoot, so I usually don't bother. I might treat it a little differently in my senior years when the flu is much more of a threat to my life and limb. Right now, it's just a major inconvenience for the most part unless it's a novel pandemic strain, in which case my immune system could kill me with a cytokine storm.

This year there seem to be a lot of nasty bugs running around.

Right now, I have one that's made me a walking snot factory. The only way I've found to really get any relief from it is to take Mucinex and live on hot tea to sooth my throat. It cycles between being a nasty sore throat and either making my chest or my head feel like it's packed with cement (where the Mucinex helps). I've been doing this for about a week and a half now.

But, it's not the flu. I've had that before and know what it feels like. I don't have the fever, aches or fatigue to qualify this as actual flu, but it's bad enough as it is.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

ketsuko

jimmyx

The joke may still be on you.

1.) The flu vaccine from any one year is only comprised of the two or three strains they think most likely to be a problem that year. If another strain rears its ugly head and becomes the dominant strain or even passes through your area, you have no protection from it.

2.) Even with the vaccine, you only have about 60% protection from the strains in the shot, so you still could get infected with them. This is likely part of the origin of the myth that the vaccine actually gives you the flu - people who get the shot and then get the flu anyway. It's not perfect.

I'm not anti-vaccine by any measure, but I do my research. The flu vaccine even in the best years is still a crap-shoot, so I usually don't bother. I might treat it a little differently in my senior years when the flu is much more of a threat to my life and limb. Right now, it's just a major inconvenience for the most part unless it's a novel pandemic strain, in which case my immune system could kill me with a cytokine storm.

This year there seem to be a lot of nasty bugs running around.

Right now, I have one that's made me a walking snot factory. The only way I've found to really get any relief from it is to take Mucinex and live on hot tea to sooth my throat. It cycles between being a nasty sore throat and either making my chest or my head feel like it's packed with cement (where the Mucinex helps). I've been doing this for about a week and a half now.

But, it's not the flu. I've had that before and know what it feels like. I don't have the fever, aches or fatigue to qualify this as actual flu, but it's bad enough as it is.

BUT...

YOu can also get strains from previous years if you were not vaccinated against them. That is why they insist on you doing it every year because then you start building a library against all strains.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Or you could just, you know, get out and about, and interact with people enough to naturally build up a library.

I think the problem is a mixture of hyper-connectivity, mixed with cases of isolation. If you're a loner, and only come out to interact on rare occasion, I would tend to think that would be most dangerous to your well being.

Instead of getting partial immunity due to constantly interacting with people, and therefore, the newest novel strains, you have gaps between the evolution of these pathogens, and get hit with a whammy that the immune system has no clue how to deal with.

I personally just try to keep my place a little dirty, keep air passing through, barely wash my hands, and freely interact on a regular basis. It's my own version of the flu-jab.

To each their own!

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Back-off there, I work with children!

Actually, I don't anymore, but I used to and did for almost 10 years. I almost never get sick anymore. This year is the first in a long time that I can remember getting seriously ill, but now I have my own walking germ factory who is once again going to interact with other little germ factories on a regular basis.

I think my immunity is being boosted all over again in the natural way.

kix

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Just a heads up, I went to rafting in ventral Mexico and the guys that had our hotel room before us were from Texas, the night I spent there I got a pretty nasty headache and lung ache (lower air passages -bronchitis), Ii knew it was going to be bad and I cursed not taking my normal liposomal vitamin C for the last 2 weeks. Anyways I went rafting and canoeing in the middle of rain and very cold temps, and after the second day I remembered I kept one of those bottles of Vitamin C in my car.. I took 1 aspirin, 1500 mg of vitamin C and claritine.... I endured 4 days of coughing like a dying miner.... but it was nasty as heck...

Take a ton of vitamin C... my advice I am still coughing but a lot less and felling a lot better, but this bug is quite active and aggressive ....

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Could NOT agree more. For the first two days I couldn't even find it in myself to text my roommate to ask her to bring me liquids. Didn't open my laptop once. Thankfully she sauntered into my room a couple of times to ask me if I needed anything.

I had a space heater and managed to prop it up on my bed and cuddle that thing for dear life. I was violently shaking, just beyond cold and in a lot of pain.

First and only time I've ever felt anything like it. People casually toss around the word 'flu' like it's the common sniffles. NOPE. Totally different beast.

Thanks for the kind words!!

Hope everyone in our ATS family is fighting this bug victoriously.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join