It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experimental Tool Uses Light To Tweak The Living Brain

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

whitewave

Bedlam
reply to post by bottleslingguy

Let me know when they can focus light on your brain after going through your skull.

It IS possible to affect the brain functions using various wavelengths of light. There have been many studies empirically proving this. And every epileptic knows that rapidly flashing lights can cause seizures. I posted a link.

Yes, you did, but it isn't related to the OP. At all. Did you read either paper?

Of COURSE you affect some sort of brain function with light, or you wouldn't be able to see. Quite a bit of your brain is tied up with visual processing. That has both diddly and zip to do with genetically altering brain cells so that you can read their state and trigger them with a laser shone through a fiber optic port in the skull.

You can't say "this paper, therefore, the thing in THIS paper which is totally non related other than the words 'brain' and 'light' are co-equal and can be syncretized". It just doesn't work that way. Unless, of course, you can show me how genetically altering retinal neurons can control the mind.

Seriously, "Looker" was a movie. Not an instruction manual.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Chill thyself, brother. Yes, of course I read the links provided (by all). Wouldn't be much point in joining the conversation if I hadn't. But the point I was trying to make by building on other points that were suggested is that since we know that light frequencies affect brain function and that our disclosed technology is probably about 40 years behind what is commonly known, there may indeed be more possible presently than we know. While I doubt that light going through the cranium would effect any changes, I believe that it is entirely possible via the retina.
I may be wrong and may be proven to be wrong.....as may you or any of the rest of us. I'm not that emotionally invested in the discussion to willingly submit to snarkiness.
Carry on.

<< 1  2   >>

join