It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experimental Tool Uses Light To Tweak The Living Brain

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Yeah that's a bit scary, if they could control the brain

I don't know though, we have free will

For Example: Lets say my brain processes probly 20 diff scenarios
that might happen if i do this or that and then makes a decision on
which route or action to take. I don't think a light manipulated by
the human hand or machine technology can control on that level.

It might just confuse someone which would (like your pic shows) turn
them into more of a zombie incapable of doing anything. It could screw
with a brain in a fashion to make them mentally incapable at all anymore ?

That would be awful me thinks...

These types of discoveries are hopeful to help diseases that need it...
but the thought of what they could do with it is very scary b/c a bad side
always comes with the good

leolady

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

We can turn things on, turn things off, read stuff out."

Yep definitely sounds like brainwashing.

As if mainstream media,schools,college's, and social media wasn't enough already.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

lonegurkha
Ya know slayer,if somebody beside you posted this I'd call BS.

However since it is you I will consider it as being so.

I'd just like to know if this stuff just pops in his brain and
then he searches it out. Or does he just run in to it.

Only from the mind of Slayer 69.

SnF take that Slayer !

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
It is well known and researched that different wavelengths of light can and do affect mood and behavior.

"In most vertebrate species, it is known that light enters the eyes and stimulates the retina. Nerve signals are sent from the retina to the visual centers of the brain and permit the sensory capacity of vision. In addition, neural signals are sent from the retina into the hypothalamus, a non-visual part of the brain. The hypothalamus is a complex neural region that influences or controls many basic functions of the body including hormonal secretion, core temperature, metabolism and reproduction as well as higher cognitive functions such as memory and emotions (Morgane and Panskep, 1979)"
Source

Imagine if there is science not currently shared with the majority regarding uses for light therapy. I was just considering this week that if it were possible to adversely affect people using light that it could be targeted to specific individuals. Say you want to target preppers. Advertise a show about prepping then shine your target light right through their living room tv sets.
Stuff of fiction, I know but I don't know for how long it will remain fiction.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Ya know Randy I wonder about that as well.Clearly the man is brilliant,with some well thought out insights.That's one of the reasons I like him.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yes, I concur. Dangerous if in the wrong hands. But a beautiful thing in the right ones.

Seems the movie Equilibrium is becoming more and more real but on a much more dangerous scale.

ia.media-imdb.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

Kind of hard not to like this guy. I agree. No butt kiss'n intended.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

maybe that is one reason why some ufos have blinking lights? I would totally allow my brain to be wired to the galactic internet as a trade off if it meant we would get off fossil fuels and nukes and clean up the planet and improve global living standards. And I would like to have my own ufo so I could explore let's say just this solar system. If I could have all that for the price of allowing them to monitor my brain for say something like a terroristic thought or for thinking of robbing a bank (or something detrimental to society or to individuals) as long as it ensures the powers that be that I will be a positive and not destructive force during my lifetime, I would be ok with that. But if they want to tap my brain and keep things the way they are they will be met with opposition.

edit on 29-12-2013 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

comes through your eyes

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Bedlam

SLAYER69
reply to post by Bedlam

So you don't see where this developing technology has the potential to be used/perverted to manipulate thoughts, ideas or for reprogramming in real time?

Actually....no. Did you read any of the source documents? It takes fiber optics stuck in through holes in the skull, and only the surface neurons are available for working with.

It's not like they shine a light at you and say "You are getting very sleeeeeepy"

usually the way things work is the govt gets the super cutting edge technology and then a few decades later we are told of those achievements while the technology has advanced even further beyond what we've been told.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
now I have even more reason to worry when the lights seem like they are going to go out.

Anyone else ever see there lights flicker like they are about to go out??? they could be playing with us right now.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

bottleslingguy
reply to post by Bedlam

comes through your eyes

Then the only nerves it'll affect are in your retinae. You really should read the article.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

Let me know when they can focus light on your brain after going through your skull.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Bedlam

Let me know when they can focus light on your brain after going through your skull.

like I said they only tell you about the stuff that's been around for a long time until they've surpassed it then they tell you about it. Do you really think we are privy to knowing about current technological abilities? What is the optic nerve used for?

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

I believe these will do the trick.

Along with one of these

Yor move TPTB... What else you got.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

SLAYER69
[
Who knows maybe by me writing this thread I've already been "Programmed"

edit on 27-12-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Exactly. We wouldn't know anyway, so in a sense it doesn't matter, no?
The total mind control was the ultimate goal of those in charge playing Gods.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
"May be perverted" is in reality "when it will be perverted".
Usually the process is the inverse - find a way to use it for control or destruction then see if there's any beneficial aspect to it for humanity at large.
Interesting find all the same.
I guess we'll all get Illuminated at some point in the future.

Call it Light Bright for dummies.
If you're not old enough you wont get that one)
edit on 29-12-2013 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

bottleslingguy

Bedlam

What is the optic nerve used for?

You don't know? Here's a hint, you don't think with it.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Bedlam

It IS possible to affect the brain functions using various wavelengths of light. There have been many studies empirically proving this. And every epileptic knows that rapidly flashing lights can cause seizures. Since light affects the hypothalamus (a richly neural area), many other bodily functions as well as cognitive functions are affected. Maybe not by going through your skull but, more insidiously, by going through your eyes. I posted a link.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

just go to Whitewave's link

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join