It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

El Hierro waking up?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Well, it appears that our good ole buddy, El Hierro, is waking up and he's very grouchy. The thing that interests me about this event is that there is a bible prophecy which mentions a "fiery mountain" falling into the sea and killing 1/3 of the fish.

"Rev 8:8 And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;..."
"Rev 8:9 And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed...."

Some say the fiery mountain was the Exxon oil spill, but I think it may either be an El Hierro eruption or a comet falling into the ocean at some future time.

What say you, ATS?

www.nbcnews.com...
edit on 27-12-2013 by lostbook because: forgot link

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

Oh That's just great! I'm off to Fuerteventura for 5 weeks on the 1st of Jan and I was saying to my wife only last week that I hoped the volcanoes stay sleeping.
She said, don't be daft lol, now who's being daft

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by studio500

Just found a good link here with lots of up to date info.

This has got me just a little bit concerned....well more than a little.

I always forget which is the one that would decimate the East Coast with a tidal wave if half of it slid into the sea.

Latest updates
edit on 27-12-2013 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
The volcano with the megatsunami potential is Cumbre Viejo on La Palma. Its potential to cause such an event is disputed by the Tsunami Society - see www.lapalma-tsunami.com...

The earthquake activity off the southernmost Canary Island of el Hierro has produced the formation of a new island: the magma chamber under el Hierro itself is clearly moving around a bit. But there's no sign this will lead to a catastrophic tsunami or spoil things for people on holiday.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I thought this information might be important to someone. I don't think we have anything to worry about right now as El Hierro isn't a full grown mountain yet. A fiery mountain falls into the sea according to the prophecy so I think we're ok.

new topics

top topics

join