It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GIVE IN to the robots- soon there will not be a choice

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Nowyouseeme

Now that was the funniest stuff I've read in a very long time...
Thanks for sharing...seriously funny.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
GIVE IN to the robots- soon there will not be a choice

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Come with me if you want to live

reply to post by SLAYER69

Robots Rock, right??? Right? Hmmmm....
Jude Law as robot= BOB lol shh...
edit on 29-12-2013 by queenofsheba because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by doesntmakesense

You know, I hate you for saying this. I don't want my life being controlled by machines and electronic devices.That said, I know that you are 100% correct. It is inevitable unless we take a huge step backwards. I think that is why you see so many people rooting for doom and gloom. It would be much more palatable if we could trust that those in charge would act in the interest of all of us. That is why we need a revolving door of regular citizens making the decisions for our communities, state and nation. At least they would be accountable when they returned to regular life.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Food for thought.

Google buys facial recognition company.
techcrunch.com...

Google has just acquired facial recognition software company PittPatt (Pittsburgh Pattern Recognition), according to an announcement on the startup’s site. PittPatt, a project spawned from Carnegie Mellon University, develops a facial recognition technology that can match people across photos, videos, and more. The company has created a number of algorithms in face detection, face tracking and face recognition. PittPatt’s face detection and tracking SDK locates human faces in photographs and tracks the motion of human faces in video.

Here's a way to make surveillance and marketing simple. Have all machines connected to Google downloading and uploading data for maintenance. These machines will be able to not only recognize people by their faces, but also upload what someone buys, does in public, and countless other things that give them marketing data on individuals, which they can sell for profit to the highest bidder.

Google and the government both win. They know exactly where you are, what you shop for, what you do in public, what you wear, etc, etc.

Before you know it, these machines will be in peoples houses as assistants and servants.

Buh-bye privacy.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

queenofsheba
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

I, for one could never accept them because it would be such a cold, heartless, un-emotionless, un-emphatic world devoid of human emotion. I will take the human condition any day, any week over robotics. Much more interesting I would have to surmise. More fulfilling, to be sure.
edit on 29-12-2013 by queenofsheba because: (no reason given)

Actually with robots doing all the work for us we can finally get to know ourselves. We don't have to be in the ratrace and compete with eachother over positions, we or more likely our children can finally start to live in peace and work together to conquer space, build a spacehome with resources from other planets.

When the first robots start to create new robots is when the last people can stop 'working'. Many people will become either researchers making up new robots, others will be leaders and everybody else will become entertainers and story tellers.

Instead of people choosing one job they get to study their entire life and really develop the human spirit instead of either the wageslave (those chronically indebted, barely able to pay for education to get forward) or the rich with fake lives (as in where people have to act a certain way to keep their position). The pressure of accomplishing something will be less since there's few consequences as there are robots to provide for everyone. People will have so much more free time on their hands and can really unwind forever. Even if a person would fail every job people can still be put to work as overseers on flawless robots which can maintain themselves.

Everybody would be treated more equal; no more best doctors money can buy or best lawyers, it's all applications which can easily be shared as upgrades or updates to existing software. Differences in education and diploma's fade away as people learn over the internet, use computers for finding answers and solutions without shame, some people only need several years longer of study which is no problem as everybody by then would understand the biggest hindrance in education are the problems from parents which came from having to work and without many children are generally more happy and stressfree and have better results with learning.

More likely though it'll turn out to be more like Elysium where the rich buy land outside major cities, create robots that make new robots and overtime the rich go into space leaving the poor behind. No government involvement is what I expect, rather private companies organizing this in secrecy because if the word is out once people are going to think and either start doing it themselves or there might be revolutions. Maybe only Russia might do this organized by the state providing basic needs for all citizens but in the West it doesn't look that way with prevailing fears of robots turning into human killers (while they will no doubt have off switches and programming they can't change themselves) or how they would be out of jobs when replaced by robots (sure that will happen which is why it's so important for governments to seriously change their policy). Anyway if it happens and the poor are left behind one group will prosper in a short time because they have all the time of the world with robots doing everything for them while the other group will be continue to struggle to make ends meet. Worst case scenario the rich will rule and consider themselves gods in space, revert to slavery and use the poor for sex and other entertainment in exchange for favors like having a family member getting operations but other than that having no rights as if one gets rights they all want it and sooner or later they would have to share robots with them.

A miracle might still be happen though, when the world leaders and rich come together and make plans to build robots for everyone nonprofit and all debts are scrapped so the people can build robots together and go into space. Best thing anyone can do who is able is to train in psychology and IT and go live outside of cities in a self sustaining home and while it's not possible because of funds learn how to program and work with software to learn how to program virtual robots. Especially farming robots will be a huge market but also transportation and processing of foods. Other robots which can become common place overnight are garbage collectors, the selfdriving cars (technically also a robot, taxi's, logistics), household appliances (like the household robot which cooks, cleans, washes clothing) and the medical robots and in between all factories would become robotized.

Coupled with ever more populair and still emerging renewable sources of energy like solar panels (which still need more efficiency) the change could happen very rapidly with many people suddenly panicking, hope it'll turn out different.
edit on 8-1-2014 by spiritspeak because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join