It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GIve me liberty or give me Death! Grrr.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Who made this quote famous?
In this year 2013 how close are you to declaring this same statement?
How much freedoms or rights are you will too give up, just so you can have a few comforts of pleasure in your life?
Are you willing to take the RIFD chip? Just for the sake of obamacare?
Are you willing to be felt up at the airports and other public places by the TSA just so you can go a long with your happy life?
Are you willing to let them take your family without due process and with prolonged incarceration?
What is your pushing point to make you live by give me liberty or give me death a reality in your life?

is this the year 2014 it may become a reality?

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Helpus2014

You can be happy without having to hate the World. Not because the big media tells you to hate something means the big media is right.

More and more I watch the big media, more and more I see propaganda and data cherry-picking. If we would really live in a police state, you wouldn't even have the liberty to say what you just said.

I won't choose death simply because some KGB-funded "whistleblower" leaks random documents to a british newspaper who doesn't even have the qualification to verify authenticity.

Propaganda will always exist, it's been thousands of years now that the Information War is raging, deal with it.

edit on 27-12-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I prefer William Wallace's "FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eh...now that I think about it maybe not.... I'd rather get shot in the head than drawn and quartered. ick ick

Dude was a stud no doubt

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I love these anonymous posts suggesting everyone else is giving up their rights and it is the time to make a stand.

Leadership without example is no leadership at all; it's empty posturing.

I'll believe you are serious when I see your obituary.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
At the end of the day, it is what it is.

It may or may not change to your liking.

So what can we do? We can change our attitude.

If you are seriously considering between liberty or death.....well, that's pretty darn stupid.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I'm fairly certain more people are more concerned with Convenience, as opposed to anything else.

Freedom? Meh.

Start taking away Conveniences, like Internet, Cell Phones?
People might start getting upset.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

No RFID chip for me. I got me one of those RFID-blocking wallets.

I think the ideal of "freedom" changes from era to era, based on the needs of the individual and collective at large.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Helpus2014

"GIve me liberty or give me Death! Grrr."

Me at my divorce.

I see where you're trying to go. I think the delivery needs a little jazzing up.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Helpus2014
In this year 2013 how close are you to declaring this same statement?
How much freedoms or rights are you will too give up, just so you can have a few comforts of pleasure in your life?
Are you willing to take the RIFD chip? Just for the sake of obamacare?
Are you willing to be felt up at the airports and other public places by the TSA just so you can go a long with your happy life?
Are you willing to let them take your family without due process and with prolonged incarceration?
What is your pushing point to make you live by give me liberty or give me death a reality in your life?

is this the year 2014 it may become a reality?

What is this chip I keep hearing about? what chip?

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephalim

RadioFrequency Identification chip. It's being put in some animals so to track their whereabouts.

Needless to say many people on ATS started imagining that RFID we forced into the people, as if the government really wants to track the whereabouts of John Doe, who eats chips, then works, then sleeps, and also watches the TV once in a while. Geez. The government already has the address of all the people, it doesn't need to waste satellite usage just to know where a guy live! And most of the people live in a city anyway! What's to track??

edit on 27-12-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

lol well they do though. whats the nsa doing... O.o

You would think though that normal folks like you and me would not be in that scenario at all. cant really think of a legitimate reason to mess with folks like that. Sound lawless. o.O no protections for the people = gov disband. rfid implants... cell phones, you know, there are way to find people. I just dont see the point in certain things I guess.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

MystikMushroom

No RFID chip for me. I got me one of those RFID-blocking wallets.

I think the ideal of "freedom" changes from era to era, based on the needs of the individual and collective at large.

Wait.
What?

Someone is making tinfoil hats for wallets?

That's cool, and hilarious too.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I will live by that phrase when Americans are truly oppressed. We can say what we want about the government anytime we want.

We can leave the country whenever we like.

We can travel anywhere in the country whenever we like.

I am not forced to house soldiers in my home, nor am I forced to bow before anyone. I, nor any of my family have been conscripted into a war since Vietnam.

I can own just about anything I want, as long as I can pay for it, make it, or trade for it.

If I don't like the law of the land, I can speak up about it, and work to get it changed. If I don't like my leaders, I can work towards having them removed without fear of being tortured to death.

As far as I see it, I am not oppressed, therefore I have no reason to fight for my freedom...yet.

Are there things I don't like? Yes. Are some of those things necessary? Yes. Those that are necessary I live with. Those that aren't, I work with others to get changed. Am I always successful? No, but then no one is.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tebyen

I agree. One has to wonder though, when no change happens, regardless of your efforts. No matter who you write, at any level. You could run, get elected, dont expect any change there either. Hell even the presidents know it every one of them. You can expect "more of the same" for the rest of your life. lol illusions are great though, keep it up. Its encouraging.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Patrick Henry . From a speech he made to the Virginia Convention in 1775, at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia which persuaded the Virginia House of Burgesses to pass a Resolution delivering the Virginia troops to the Revolutionary War .

The Speech ...

It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace – but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, "Give me Liberty or Give me Death!

March 23, 1775 . 237 Years Ago .

If Patrick Henry were Alive Today , his Speech would more than likely have been directed at the United States Federal Govent instead of the British Crown ...........

new topics

top topics

join