It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Illness In Texas That Has killed 6 People, Is NOT The H1N1, Looks More Like A Deadly Avian

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Surely we'd be hearing more about it by now if it were taking off.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
i had swine flu in 2011, the flu itself didn't seem so bad it was the three infections from mid chest to my eyes that knocked me on my ass. I had infection in my chest, double ear infections, and sinus infection. I was bed ridden for over a week.

I guess if I get it again it shouldn't be so bad this time.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

DontTreadOnMe
reply to post by signalfire

How long did they have to stay drunk or isolated?

This would have been 1918-1919 and the flu came through in waves; lesser population than today even in the cities and of course the newspapers were filled with that news plus the war news. The isolation was self induced whenever a 'wave' hit and the drunk thing was also the same. It was an interesting anecdote from the time; I wonder if the blood alcohol content was just enough to keep either the cytokine storm from happening, or just disinfect your blood against the virus.

Excellent post except for one thing - antibiotics can never treat flu. You need anti-virals for virus infections. The antibiotics come into play for the opportunistic bacterial infections that sometimes appear after a viral infection when the immune system is already down.

Yup, you're right; I stand corrected
Seems like anything that can kill you in 24 hours or less wouldn't stand a chance to be effectively fought by any drug, although I'm sure they'll push them anyway. With something like this, you'll go to bed after breakfast thinking 'I'll rest for a while' and that will be about it.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

ketsuko
Surely we'd be hearing more about it by now if it were taking off.

Here's the CDC link:
CDC

It always amazes me that they push the vaccination without any mention of 'stay out of unnecessary crowds' but I suppose that would interrupt the Christmas shopping extravaganza that is Capitalism and the Norman Rockwell holiday celebrations.

Just think; you get all the preschool up to college age kids all in one room at gramma's for several hours over Thanksgiving; then they go back to their respective schools and the germs trade places; then a month later everyone's thrown back together again along with a mass of air traffic exposures, then everyone goes back to school and work after New Year's.

You couldn't design a better way to spread a pandemic if you tried.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I'm in Texas. Guess I should report in on my flu-like illness a month prior.

So I had 3 beers the night before, went to sleep, and woke up, having to immediately throw up stomach acids and thick (virus or bacteria filled) white substance.

I thought this was weird, as I'd never been hungover from drinking so little. It was hard to put down food, but I managed over the span of several hours to get a meals worth in. By that evening, the shivers alternating with heat sweats had started, as had muscle weakness and pain all over.

I realized this wasn't a hangover, I was ill. I have been sick twice prior in my adult life, and this of someone who is 31 years of age... in 2001, and 2005. So I was a little spooked over this, but am damned against antibiotics or antivirals pharma meds unless I'm about to roll over and die type of sick.

I toughed it out for the next 72 hours. Other symptoms were of course cough, phlegm, and minor headache. It seemed to be 90% gone after a few days, but lingered on for weeks.

For weeks I had a very deep throat scratch, and was randomly cough/sneezing out yellowish nasties. I've never projected out at random times like this before. It was bizarre. Nor had it ever been so deep in my throat that it was so difficult to clear.

Well, in the last week it's cleared up. I have maybe 1% of the cough left, and am thankful to know whatever it was, it's over with.

Might this have been flu, leading to bronchitis? I do know bronch lasts for weeks, but thought it would be more severe. I didn't hurt in my lungs at all.

Anyways, I'm just glad it's over. Felt the need to report, considering that I'm in Texas.

Be safe, everyone.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join