It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nothing is magical.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Wifibrains

Utnapisjtim

Wifibrains
reply to post by Utnapisjtim

you are never truely wise until you realise that you know nothing at all.

Nothing at all is all at nothing.

To know nothing at all.

It's all or nothing.

I know nothing at all.
edit on 29-12-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

Did I paint the elephants toenail?

Do good, expect nothing in return, because anything could happen, and something always do, and since you expected nothing, everything that does happen emerge from nothing

edit on 29-12-2013 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

Now I know you know nothing, you just don't show it.

Everything's more exciting that way. It's why I never swore to marry, and never swore to love. We live like angels instead, so I promised her the Moon, and there you have it, she never believed it could be done

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Utnapisjtim

Wifibrains

Utnapisjtim

Wifibrains
reply to post by Utnapisjtim

you are never truely wise until you realise that you know nothing at all.

Nothing at all is all at nothing.

To know nothing at all.

It's all or nothing.

I know nothing at all.

Did I paint the elephants toenail?

Do good, expect nothing in return, because anything could happen, and something always do, and since you expected nothing, everything that does happen emerge from nothing

edit on 29-12-2013 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

Now I know you know nothing, you just don't show it.

Everything's more exciting that way. It's why I never swore to marry, and never swore to love. We live like angels instead, so I promised her the Moon, and there you have it, she never believed it could be done

There's nothing like it, sounds like nothing I know.

Thanks

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

More like:

In Hebrew NASA means "to forgive"; "to be lifted up" or "to be exalted", guess the pun was intended...

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I went passed the moon... Police were there

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Wifibrains

Always a catch, ennit? When you finally think you've made it work, and you think you're finally alone, The Police shows up

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Werner Erhard's..."create from nothing" is a phrase that is a fallacy onto itself...can't be proven or disproven, thus, it has no meaning.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

jimmyx
Werner Erhard's..."create from nothing" is a phrase that is a fallacy onto itself...can't be proven or disproven, thus, it has no meaning.

Are you saying that nothing can't be proven? That's a double negative, so your own argument falls in on itself

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Utnapisjtim

jimmyx

Are you saying that nothing can't be proven? That's a double negative, so your own argument falls in on itself

Like a black hole?

Lol

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Utnapisjtim

Wifibrains

Always a catch, ennit? When you finally think you've made it work, and you think you're finally alone, The Police shows up

They was there first, nothing was there before them, it Looked like they had a broken leg. I was nothing to do with me.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
But jokes aside. When my sister got pregnant she was meant to have an abortion. The night before she was about to have the foetus sucked out, I lay beside her and talked all night, and when the morning came, she fell asleep and did nothing instead. How happy we are for that now. She became a mother and I became a godfather. To that child, nothing became everything. Life is funny that way....

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Utnapisjtim

jimmyx

I said the phrase....not the individual word "nothing".....and you are right about the double negative....so I will say it with a different sentence....("create from nothing" is a phrase that is a fallacy onto itself, thus, it has no meaning)...better?

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

jimmyx

Utnapisjtim

jimmyx

I said the phrase....not the individual word "nothing".....and you are right about the double negative....so I will say it with a different sentence....("create from nothing" is a phrase that is a fallacy onto itself, thus, it has no meaning)...better?

No. As an artist and a musician I simply cannot agree with you. I may be standing on the shoulders of giants, but I can still turn a white canvas into beautiful things, new things, things that has never been seen before. And I can make a new song that no man has ever heared. Words have no mass, and there's no real energy in them. Still they represent the One thing that is truely human: Articulate language and our ability to reflect and solve the mysteries of the Cosmos.
edit on 29-12-2013 by Utnapisjtim because: Shoulders of giants

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Utnapisjtim
But jokes aside. When my sister got pregnant she was meant to have an abortion. The night before she was about to have the foetus sucked out, I lay beside her and talked all night, and when the morning came, she fell asleep and did nothing instead. How happy we are for that now. She became a mother and I became a godfather. To that child, nothing became everything. Life is funny that way....

she chose to become a mother, by allowing human biological growth to take place inside her...that is NOT nothing...congratulations to her by the way.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Utnapisjtim

Nothing is beautiful like that.

That "was" beautiful.

Nothing did nothing that night, you did all the talking.

Blessings.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Utnapisjtim

jimmyx

Utnapisjtim

jimmyx

No. As an artist and a musician I simply cannot agree with you. I may be standing on the shoulders of giants, but I can still turn a white canvas into beautiful things, new things, things that has never been seen before. And I can make a new song that no man has ever heared. Words have no mass, and there's no real energy in them. Still they represent the One thing that is truely human: Articulate language and our ability to reflect and solve the mysteries of the Cosmos.
edit on 29-12-2013 by Utnapisjtim because: Shoulders of giants

I admire anyone that has the passion, as well as a gift for the arts....however, having a white canvas is SOMETHING, not nothing, having paints to put on that white canvas is SOMETHING, not nothing....let me ask you...could a blind man paint an accurate representation of a sunset all on his own, with noone to describe it?...

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Yes, because if no one is there to describe it, his representation could not be challenged as inaccurate... In his eyes.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

jimmyx
I admire anyone that has the passion, as well as a gift for the arts....however, having a white canvas is SOMETHING, not nothing, having paints to put on that white canvas is SOMETHING, not nothing....let me ask you...could a blind man paint an accurate representation of a sunset all on his own, with noone to describe it?...

You forget that there are indeed abstract concepts. Having s blank canvas and a few tubes of oils doesn't make anyone an artist and a blank canvas is hardly art. However, by skillfully applying strokes and shades, you can indeed create abstractions never seen or thought of by anyone before. I can take an abstract idea, let's say a conceptual representation of 'nothing', and turn it into a fundamental cornerstone resonating in infinity. Never say never, nothing is impossible-- the impossible is just a little harder to accomplish.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

bummer, so I am stuck with all this nothingness?

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Wifibrains
reply to post by jimmyx

Yes, because if no one is there to describe it, his representation could not be challenged as inaccurate... In his eyes.

therefore, "his representation" is the created something. he did not create it from nothing, and you bring up the whole other issue of the "why" he would paint it in the first place, if there was no one around to ask for his interpretation of it...look, at this point I believe that we both know what is being said. to me, it is simply the philosophical phrase "created from nothing" being used in a descriptive way, when humans have no way to fully understand that concept. we can only "imagine" its approximate meaning, to me, as humans, that is as close as we can get.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Helpus2014
reply to post by Itisnowagain

bummer, so I am stuck with all this nothingness?

not a bummer....you are stuck with something, rejoice in knowing that you are!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join