It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Federal Reserve Chairman, Alan Greenspan, warns of double digit inflation.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Alan Greenspan Warns of Double Digit Price Inflation.

The latest volley, from his new book, “The Map and the Territory,” is a warning that the Fed’s balance sheet expansion — $3.8 trillion and counting — may unleash inflation.

“It is easy to contemplate price acceleration, with today’s Federal Reserve balances unchanged, ranging from 3 percent per annum to double digits over the next 5 to 10 years,” he writes.

Didnt really hear about this in the news, wonder why...

Finally, an establishment insider says what Ron Paul, Peter Schiff, Jim Rogers, Max Keiser, Marc Faber etc., have been saying for years.

It’s been a long time since anyone accurately predicted higher inflation. Instead, inflation has sagged to the lowest levels on record.

Inflation is the "lowest on record"??? Then we're really in trouble because the price of everything is skyrocketing. If this is low, I dont wanna see high!

I wish this guy would make up his mind.

We can "print money" to repay all debts but will then have to deal with astronomical prices...

You see the look on the guy's face seated to Greenspan's left? Its like he just made in his pants....

edit on 27-12-2013 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Awesome.... I can't wait... Yippie Skippy~
/endsarcasm

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

We are at the point now where a .50$ spike in gas prices over a three day period garners zero attention.

edit on 27-12-2013 by Logarock because: n

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Why do people keep listening to this scumbag? He is one of the people that helped to screw our country over with the derivatives scam that crashed our economy.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Warned? I thought he'd be celebrating.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Your right, not sure why people listen to him but when someone who screwed the pooch steps forward and says something like this, my ears tend to perk up.

I would take it as fair warning that this is a inevitable truth that is going to be transpiring (not like it hasn't been).

Just another way to screw the middle class more and put the poor deeper in the well of dispair...?

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Greenspan already knows we have inflation that's much higher than officially declared. The CPI simply gets modified to make it appear inflation is low. Just do a comparison with 1990 or 1980 CPI calculations. We are at or close to double digit inflation now. As anyone who has to buy food already knows.

Alternate Inflation Charts

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Bassago

Greenspan already knows we have inflation that's much higher than officially declared. The CPI simply gets modified to make it appear inflation is low. Just do a comparison with 1990 or 1980 CPI calculations. We are at or close to double digit inflation now. As anyone who has to buy food already knows.

Alternate Inflation Charts

THANK YOU! This one drives me nuts. CPI is a very manipulated number. First of all, fuel and energy are not included in the basket of goods because they are "too volatile". Then there's the economic trick of substitution. If NY steak has a price increase that makes it unaffordable, then the number crunchers swap it out for ground chuck - taa-dah no inflation. After all those manipulations are made, then there is the balancing of the basket. Gee, food prices increased, car prices decreased, people will be buying more cars and less food! Taa-dah - no inflation! SMH

top topics

join