It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Biggest Cover up of them all! Mass media having us Believe we are a Democracy! Wake up peeps, We

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Democracy No we are not. We are not even suppose to be a police state either.
95% of Americans get this wrong. We are a Republic. Were would I get a stupid idea like that?
Let try reciting the Pledge of Allegiance.
Every body stand up with the right hand over your heart please and repeat after me:
I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to theRepublic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
Do you see it now? Republic for which it stands!
Our forefathers despised the very idea of Democracy, they understood the mob rules idea sucked, because the masses can be trick into believing what is good for them is actually bad. Latest Hint: Obama Care!
The only reason why we have elections is to elect people to uphold a defend the Constitution from foreign and domestic intruders. Period. You are suppose to vote for people who will defend the Constitution. Remember the oath of office?
I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

The Constitution is suppose to be our ruler, Dictator, King or what ever. It is the President's job along with congress to defend this on the federal Level, and the governor's job to protect it at the state level.

So step #1 quit believing that we are a Democracy. Democracy bad...
Step #2 stop voting like your in one, like voting for said issue insert here.
Step #3 Starting voting for people you will defend your ruler the constitutions the give your your "alienated" rights set forth by the Constitution.

Yes this is true you do not have god given rights the constitution actually say "alien"nated rights. weird huh?
A whole new conspiracy there.

This is how to take back your country and this is what we should be spreading around the world not Democracy.
Democracy blows!

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Helpus2014

A Republic is probably better than Democracy (I don't think america has either, since the constitution is infringed upon regularly by the government)

The key difference between a democracy and a republic lies in the limits placed on government by the law, which has implications on minority rights. Both forms of government tend to use a representational system where citizens vote to elect politicians to represent their interests and form the government. However, in a republic, a constitution or charter of rights protects certain inalienable rights that cannot be taken away by the government, even if it has been elected by a majority of voters. In a "pure" democracy, the majority is not restrained and can impose its will on the minority.

Source

I would actually say you are much closer to a Democracy (because of constitutional infringements) when you should be a Republic
edit on 27-12-2013 by iRoyalty because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
new definition for countries should be land mass united under one regime by force, it seems more real that way, less hypocrisy

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   

The U.S is most definitely a democracy. You vote for your government.

Did anyone ever say that finance and commerce were democratic or even confined to national borders? No, there was never any illusion about that.

We get the opportunity to vote for our governments. They are periodically accountable to us.

Now there is one institution in the European Union that I cannot abide and that is the Commission. Those members are not chosen by us the people. They are privately invited. That stinks to me. They have huge power, often over the individual nations and with the E.U budget. This is the dark horse that worries me most. Those members should have some democratic accountability. It is a right mish mash. We have the commission that makes all the decisions about budget then we have elected Euro MPs and I am not really sure what they do these days. lol! I think they just talk about stuff.

edit on 27-12-2013 by Revolution9 because: typo.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Well done OP. America is indeed a Republic. As is stated in our constitution...

SECTION 4. The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.

Also mentioned by Ben Franklin himself at the close of the...

At the close of the constitutional convention, a woman asked Benjamin Franklin what type of government the Constitution was bringing into existence. Franklin replied, “A republic, if you can keep it.”

And this...

95% of Americans get this wrong.

...is the power of social engineering.

edit on 12/27/2013 by Klassified because: clarity

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

We are a republic, but we are ruled via oligarchy.
The second we allowed Big Corporations the status of "human being", the whole board shifted.

And we do have "god given rights" or natural rights, you may want to reread the part and figure out where the aliens are, I don't see em.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
We are a Representative Democracy which is a form of a Republic.

Democracy means rule of the people. The two most common forms of democracy are direct democracy and representative democracy. In direct democracy everyone takes part in making a decision, as in a town meeting or a referendum. The specific rules may vary: perhaps everyone must agree, perhaps there must be consensus, perhaps a mere majority is required to make a decision. The other, better known form of democracy is a representative democracy. People elect representative to make decisions or laws. Again, specifics vary greatly.

Ultimately, we've got to realize that no matter what they call themselves, every government on the earth is different from every other. However, we can get back to basics on the terminology if you like. The difference between democracy and republic is a fundamental one. "Democracy," strictly defined, refers to the method of government wherein the members of the group vote directly on all matters of legislation. "Republic" comes from the Latin 'res publica', and refers only to the nature of the government, 'a thing of the people' (that is, not a monarchy), without actually making claims as to how the leaders are selected.

We don't have direct democracy nor mob rule because that would imply everyone has the ability to vote directly on all matters of legislation.

But it has been subverted from a representative democracy for the people and by the people to those with money to tailor the government to their whims as the above poster mentioned.
edit on 27-12-2013 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I have said this at least 50 times on here...Democracy is the 2nd biggest farce in human history. You don't choose the candidates they are chosen for you. Your vote is a poll to see how best to manipulate toe populace, thats why there are two parties with differences on viewpoints. It's this simple. If we fight each other then we don't fight them. They know the mob/people have all the real power. We're just too busy on our iphones to actually think about our future generations and to start rocking the boat.

Let me ask you this, since their is a new poll almost weekly. Who here is a registered voter that has been polled in their own city or on a government poll? I'm not taking about a local news station internet poll, i mean a true poll?

I'm willing to bet less than 10 people on this site, because it never happens. The polls are all false and done by 100 people in the senate or other branch or even the media then they multiply it for the public.

Democracy was conceived on May 1st 1776, and ever since it's been taking over countries and making certain families so powerful they think they are GOD!!!!

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I am always reminded of Plato's five regimes in these conversations.

Aristocracy
Timocracy
Oligarchy
Democracy
Tyranny

Democracy -

Oligarchy then degenerates into democracy where freedom is the supreme good but freedom is also slavery. In democracy, the lower class grows bigger and bigger. The poor become the winners. Diversity is supreme. People are free to do what they want and live how they want. People can even break the law if they so chose. This appears to be very similar to anarchy. Plato uses the "democratic man" to represent democracy. The democratic man is the son of the oligarchic man. Unlike his father, the democratic man is consumed with unnecessary desires. Plato describes necessary desires as desires that we have out of instinct or desires that we have in order to survive. Unnecessary desires are desires we can teach ourselves to resist such as the desire for riches. The democratic man takes great interest in all the things he can buy with his money. He does whatever he wants whenever he wants to do it. His life has no order or priority.

Tyranny -

Democracy then degenerates into tyranny where no one has discipline and society exists in chaos. Democracy is taken over by the longing for freedom. Power must be seized to maintain order. A champion will come along and experience power, which will cause him to become a tyrant. The people will start to hate him and eventually try to remove him but will realize they are not able. The tyrannical man is the son of the democratic man. He is the worst form of man. He is consumed by lawless desires which cause him to do many terrible things such as murdering someone unjustly. He comes closest to complete lawlessness. The idea of moderation does not exist to him. He is consumed by the pleasures in life. He spends all of his money and becomes poor and leads a miserable life. When Plato says the tyrant is a prisoner to the lawless master he means that if the tyrant should lose his power for any reason his life and the life of his family would be in great danger. The tyrant always runs the risk of being killed in revenge for all the unjust things he has done. He becomes afraid to leave his own home and becomes trapped inside. Therefore his lawless behavior leads to his own self-imprisonment.

Plato's 5 Regimes

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

why Democracy? because, as long as this nation has more 'bennies' than the foreign invaders' home crap hole nations, then "things are great"

having a country FLOODED with third worlders is PERFECT for a "democracy", that way the foreign invaders 'get more', the foreign ELites "get more", and those ENTITLED to the REPUBLIC get NOTHING!!

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

A democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting what to have for supper. We are a Republic (Article 4, Section 4). In a republic, the rights of the sheep are supreme over the wish of the majority. Democracies and republics both vote, but they are NOT the same. You is brainwashed.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Just my opinion.

This is a Republic.
and we use the VOTE in order to ELECT a person who best represents US, to handle OUR matters in Washington. These representatives can speak on your behalf about taxation, safety, the conditions of commerce and gather public opinion to affect his or her vote on proposed legislation or passing legislation, from other representatives that may or may not affect others across the country. And a few other things really.

No People in the US though, should vote for themselves money from the treasury, which is filled with the peoples money, via taxes on taxable goods listed in the constitution, which by the way should only be used for the bills the government must pay for the reasons listed in the constitution and should only contain the funds needed to do so. All excesses should be sent back to ease the burdens placed on the people.

Someone mentioned a republican form of government, this is known as the guaruntee. This does not always mean what you think it means. ((It doesnt necessarily mean you should go vote for a republican)) It has to do with how you want the country run. It is also there to suppress and repel insurrections and to enforce the laws written by municipalities, state governments and the congress. So look at why you have a cops everywhere. They're not just there to look shiny. They're there to protect Federal, State and Local governments from you as well. This also counts towards our common defense and outsiders (which you are a part of) look at our military, homeland security, coast guard, border patrol, fbi, dea customs ect even neighborhood watches and the second amendment. This together forms our common defense and general welfare.

As far as democracy goes, its a word. Commonly used to inspire the peoples voice in all matters that affect them. Get out and vote, make some change, speak up, keep the things you like, dump the things you dont. Helps the government gauge you all mostly.

States are mostly responsible for education which can work with congress to promote the sciences arts ect.

Of course it goes on but who the hell wants to type any more than I already have :/ This is a republic though. It just doesn't always work the way you as an individual want it to, let alone how the whole country wants it to.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
You are all wrong: 'Merica is neither a republic (except on a "G.D. piece of paper") or a democracy. It is a

DEMOCRAZY

in which your "vote" is overruled by a computer program. I came to that realization during the chad controversy in Florida, a state governed by the brother of the candidate who reaped the chad advantage. The MSM never even brought up the subject.

My fav solution is not to restore the Republic as we knew it. Heck, no one living remembers 'Merica as a Republic. My solution is to widen the principle we see in the civic duty to serve in a petit or grand jury. Why not fill elected offices the same way? I think it would largely eliminate the current problems we have with our republic/democrazy:

political parties
corruption
entrenched power
divided loyalties
etc
edit on 27-12-2013 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Yea you lost me because according to the constitution, and several years studying it Im pretty close. Explain your position a little more?

We have always been a nation of merchants and tradesmen. We still are, just lacking in tradesmen atm. You are talking about what you see as a voting scandal which sounds more like its local. Why should local issues dictate governance across the nation?

Thanks

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I think a working solution to these MSM infringements on the truth would be to ambush each person that uses the term democracy to describe the USA, then give them 10 or more lashes with a cat of 9 tails and kick them out the door at the nearest hospital emergency entrance with a small brochure describing the correct way to refer to the USA in media.

Also, the owners and CEO's of the media companies that keep on using that term should be stalked, captured and flogged the same way.

I bet that this would see some real results.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Jesus H. Does anyone know what a dictonary is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Posting to read later.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

yorkshirelad
Jesus H. Does anyone know what a dictonary is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

No apparently today its google.

Legal dictionaries work fine though.

These folks in the press are fairly educated supposedly. You would think when they use the terms they'd be fairly true when the people in the press are former lawyers or judges.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Nephalim
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Yea you lost me because according to the constitution, and several years studying it Im pretty close. Explain your position a little more?

We have always been a nation of merchants and tradesmen. We still are, just lacking in tradesmen atm. You are talking about what you see as a voting scandal which sounds more like its local. Why should local issues dictate governance across the nation?

Thanks

I mentioned the Florida thing only as an example - another is the last "election" of Barry. Do you think he really got that many votes? It seemed perfunctory to me, with the popular vote tallies treated as irrelevant, as I think they were. Maybe I'm just paranoid now that voting is electronic, and therefore programmable.

If you're asking about my ideas on Randomocracy, just think of it as a draft, a civic duty - filling political offices from the rolls of registered voters, just as petit and grand juries are filled. What could be wrong with government being run by a nice cross-section of the American People?

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
We are supposed to be a Constitutional Republic. The founding fathers were very specific in their arguments against a democracy, which devolves into mob rule. We are supposed to elect people to government who represent our interests. Unfortunately we now have career politicians who instead represent who ever gives them the most cash.

“A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine.” Thomas Jefferson

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" Ben Franklin

"Hence it is that democracies have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention; have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and in general have been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths... A republic, by which I mean a government in which a scheme of representation takes place, opens a different prospect and promises the cure for which we are seeking." James Madison, Federalist Papers No. 10 (1787).

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” John Adams

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join