It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mark of the Beast = 666 = www = Smartphones and Google Glass

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Of course there is always the possibility that those who chose WWW did it as a prank on those familiar with Hebrew Gematria. That would be the optimistic version of things.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Adam was tempted by an APPLE in the garden of eden......any coincidence one of the worlds biggest computer firms logo is an apple with a bite out of it !

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Hic sunt dracones
Adam was tempted by an APPLE in the garden of eden......any coincidence one of the worlds biggest computer firms logo is an apple with a bite out of it !

Well, the symbology is certainly deliberate. The question is what Steve Jobs intention was in using biblical symbology. Its like saying "Here, bite into the apple of knowledge/information folks". Maybe he thought thats a good thing. Most people do.
edit on 27-12-2013 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Has anyone considered the fact that the Apple 1 cost $666.66 when it was first offered by Jobs and Wozniak back in 1976. It was the first personal computer mass produced by apple. 500 units.

Maybe Jobs and/or Wozinak were trying to send a message.

edit on 27-12-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I enjoy the concept of this thread.

Imagine this: Jews own/run 96% of the media empire today. Television, radio, and internet all get their funding from the same source. This isn't anti-semitism, it is the truth. Basically everything that revolves around the Internet itself is controlled by a few wealthy Jews. If they wanted to separate themselves from everyone else, they could use a well placed numeric symbol to discern what they own/control from the rest of the world. By a number or a symbol, or in this case, using their language to hide the mark for everyone to acknowledge and accept, and only they understand its true meaning. If we willingly accept it, and can't live without it, which I see more and more these days, then their idea is failsafe.

Just something to chew on...

Excellent hypothesis Sky!

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The Mark of the Beast is the binary system and associated employed technology. This technology came from the same source that was described in the book of Enoch.

Jobs and Wozniak knew full well where all this would end up, that is why they wanted to sell the Apple 1 for $666.66.

en.wikipedia.org...

Developer Steve Wozniak
Type Personal computer
Release date April 11, 1976
Introductory price $ 666.66

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

I think its really interesting that many of the big internet-players are "secular Jews", meaning they had jewish parents but are no longer part of the Jewish Religion. Larry Page and Sergey Brin of Google, Zuckerberg of Facebook, Steve Ballmer of Microsoft, Jeff Bezos of Amazon. I don't necessarily think these people are "evil", as an anti-semite would, they were simply smart enough to capitalize from the internet boom and probably think they are improving the world On the other hand, the OP theorizes that the "mark of the Beast" may be a mockery of ancient Jewish tradition, so who knows.

Maybe the final battle is seculars vs. religious. Or maybe its "Jews vs. Christians vs. Muslims" with each side creating negative myths about the other. Its too difficult to know at this point.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

"And for what does it profit a man, if he should gain the whole world and
lose his own soul ?"

The rich always have the most to lose.

SnF Sky

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

badgerprints
Has anyone considered the fact that the Apple 1 cost $666.66 when it was first offered by Jobs and Wozniak back in 1976. It was the first personal computer mass produced by apple. 500 units.

So they sell it for 666 and make their symbol a bitten apple. Its obvious that their message is "We are anti-christian".

What is not known is whether its their prank or whether they are serious about it.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Skyfloating

badgerprints

So they sell it for 666 and make their symbol a bitten apple. Its obvious that their message is "We are anti-christian".

What is not known is whether its their prank or whether they are serious about it.

I have wondered about that.
I think maybe they really just wanted controversy and maybe some mystery.
It's obvious that they gave this some thought from the beginning.
Jobs was a marketing genius.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
First off I want to start by saying that this was a well thought out post, well written, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

But I can nip this in the bud from the getgo.

The New Testament was written in common Greek, not Hebrew.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

nixie_nox
First off I want to start by saying that this was a well thought out post, well written, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Oohhh.
Point scored!
(Was that a point? Seems like a good point. I'm no Bible scholar but that was a pretty good point in my book.)

WWW may be out of the running. I'm not one to judge.

But Apple and a $666 dollar computer do bring the motivation of Jobs and Wozniak into question. Which could still make for an interesting discussion.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

RUFFREADY

Jules Vern and H.G. Wells did a pretty good job (especially Mr. Vern) Yeah, I guess someone with a good imagination can just about do what the OP said.
i like how h.g.wells grandson directed the remake of the time machine in the film the beasts [ morlock] mark the pray with chemical markers ??

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

nixie_nox

O Rly?

John the Apostle (the author of the book of Revelations) primary languages were Aramaic and Hebrew, not Greek.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Thing is that the minute you translate it into English, it loses all meaning. And there have also been parchments found from Revlations in 2005 that the number may be 616.

Either way, you have to add up or interpret the numbers in Greek, not English. 666 in English means absolutely nothing. English and Hebrew are languages that are not connected in any way. Same with English and Greek.

Once it is translated into English, it means absolutely nothing.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

But Greek was the primary language of the day.

The first way to answer this question is historically. The reason the apostles wrote their New Testament books in Greek is that Greek was the dominant language, the lingua franca, of the world in which they lived. Prior to the 4th century B.C., Aramaic was the dominant language of the Mediterranean world, reflecting the long dominance of the Mesopotamian empires.

But during the Golden Age of Greece, and especially as a result of the sweeping conquests of Alexander the Great, the Greek language increasingly dominated the international life of the ancient world. The Roman Empire, which overthrew the Greek powers, was known for its military and political superiority, and adapted the higher culture of Greece. Latin became the language of empire, while Greek remained the language of literature and philosophy.

Second, unlike the Hebrew Old Testament, the Greek New Testament was recorded in a language that was truly universal. One of the strongest factors in the growth of the Christian church was that its key sacred writings were propagated in the common tongue. The availability of a language like Greek, which had by then been spread around the ancient world for at least a couple of centuries, was greatly used by God in the missionary work of the church.

linky

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

nixie_nox

Once it is translated into English, it means absolutely nothing.

To keep this as simple as possible:

Most learned people of the ancient Middle East were familiar with Gematria...that is, using numbers instead of letters to encode information. The Apostles were also familiar with Hebrew. It was believed that this was Gods Language.

The "number of the Beast" was simply expressed, by John, who spoke Aramaic and Hebrew, but likely not Greek, as the SOUND vav-vav-vav or the numer 666 or what is known in English as www.

Thats quite simple and straightforward if you leave out all twisting.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

The Book of Revelation, often known simply as Revelation or the Apocalypse,[1] is the final book of the New Testament and occupies a central part in Christian eschatology. Written in Koine Greek,

en.wikipedia.org...

Is this wrong?

And not like I didn't mention this earlier to no avail

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Gematria regarding Divine Prophecy would have not been communicated in anything other than that which was considered "the Language of God".

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

What matters is not the language it was transcribed to, but what the language of the original author was and what he considered "Gods Language" to be.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join