It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mark of the Beast = 666 = www = Smartphones and Google Glass

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   

kaylaluv

I think the bottom line is that it isn't the invention itself that is evil, it is the people involved that make it so.

You like stating the obvious.

There is no doubt that internet can be used for good and bad, just like a knife can be used to spread butter or kill.

But beyond generalities, this thread asks some very specific questions. One of them is: Is the ancient mention of WWW and everything related to it a mere coincidence, or is it a real warning? These are, to many people, subjects worth looking at more deeply.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Yet, by your own words, 666 could just as easily be VVV, which would affirm the fact that we have no way of knowing.

We can draw conclusions and take educated guesses, but again, we have no way of truly knowing.

I think you are making connections where there intrinsically are none. The world wide web is not the internet, but rather a part of the internet.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Believe in something for long enough and it will more than likely become self fulfilling. Is the WWW the mark of the beast? If you want it to be then of course it is. Personally, my thoughts are along the lines of microchips, RFID's,but in future years from now, if the only way to purchase anything is via the WWW, well it will fit the prophecy nicely.

When will the rapture come do you think?

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

kaylaluv

I disagree with that. I think the development of language was the biggest revolution of human consciousness. Being able to communicate, period. Then, you have iterations of that communication. The internet is the latest iteration - that's all.

I edited the post above to read "one of the biggest revolutions"...which is more toward the point being made.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

darkbake

Lucifer and demons traditionally work through trickery and contractual agreements. This means that they convince you of something and get you to sign on - but in a lot of cases, you may not know to ask about the implications of what they mean.

Thats my understanding of deception too...there would have to be various layers of unawareness.

Well, think of the Siren. The Siren lures men to her island with beautiful singing. We could say she also could lure them there with a lot of electronics and high-definition devices. But they shipwrecked the men there - and killed them if they tried to leave.

The "Mark of the Beast" would hence have to be something that is attractive to anyone.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Can you imagine when the first book was able to be printed/published and mass distributed? It was a HUGE deal at the time - nothing else like it. It wasn't interactive communication, nor was it instantaneous, but it was a monumentally new form of communication - to the masses. Very revolutionary... in it's time.
Telephones were a huge revolution as well - interactive, instantaneous communication. The internet definitely takes that interactive, instantaneous communication to another level. What's next - technology that allows our minds to read other's thoughts? Maybe the next iteration...? (I hope not!)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Cobaltic1978
Believe in something for long enough and it will more than likely become self fulfilling. Is the WWW the mark of the beast? If you want it to be then of course it is.

I love the Internet. I dont want it to be the mark of the Beast. But I´ll stay aware of the possibility.

And again...WWW is 666 in Gematria, whether I believe it or not.

Personally, my thoughts are along the lines of microchips, RFID's,but in future years from now,

But microchips and RFIDs cannot be implemented subtly or deceptively. Everyone would know, many would be outraged.

if the only way to purchase anything is via the WWW, well it will fit the prophecy nicely.

Its already the major means of buying and selling.

edit on 27-12-2013 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Skyfloating

But beyond generalities, this thread asks some very specific questions. One of them is: Is the ancient mention of WWW and everything related to it a mere coincidence, or is it a real warning? These are, to many people, subjects worth looking at more deeply.

See, I guess that's where I disagree. I don't think it is worth looking at more deeply, because there is potential for evil everywhere, not just WWW.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

kaylaluv

See, I guess that's where I disagree. I don't think it is worth looking at more deeply, because there is potential for evil everywhere, not just WWW.

More than half of the whole world is completely entranced and hypnotized by the Internet. Are you sure its not worth looking into more deeply?

And if it isnt, what drew you to reading the OP anyway?

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Its already the major means of buying and selling.

But it isn't the only means and from my experience from venturing out to my city's shopping quarters over the last few months, it will be a long time before it becomes the only method.

Also, microchips or RFID's could eventually become the norm if people are conditioned enough to accept them. After all it could only take a catastrophe on a scale where all of humanity are effected, whereby we are convinced enough to accept them. Of course I'm not suggesting this could happen immediately, particularly whilst many are conscious of the prophecy of Revelations.

Again only time will tell.

ETA:- Of course the Governments of the world are keen to get everybody on line, albeit censored in some countries. So, there could well be something in it.
edit on 27/12/13 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Cobaltic1978
But it isn't the only means and from my experience from venturing out to my city's shopping quarters over the last few months, it will be a long time before it becomes the only method.

How much more commerce has to be linked to the internet, ecommerce, wireless money transfer for you to accept that its the "only" way to buy and sell?

I mean, even in totalitarian rule, I could sell you an Apple if you give me a pair of socks, so there can never be a TOTAL control of buying and selling. Even if most of the world is locked into it, there will always be some remote island in the pacific where there is no electricity. In other words: Your saying that it has to be the ONLY means of buying and selling is unrealistic.

Also, microchips or RFID's could eventually become the norm if people are conditioned enough to accept them. After all it could only take a catastrophe on a scale where all of humanity are effected, whereby we are convinced enough to accept them. Of course I'm not suggesting this could happen immediately, particularly whilst many are conscious of the prophecy of Revelations.

Yes, in case of a disaster it could happen that people actually accept being microchipped.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Skyfloating

kaylaluv

More than half of the whole world is completely entranced and hypnotized by the Internet. Are you sure its not worth looking into more deeply?

And if it isnt, what drew you to reading the OP anyway?

More than half the world has been entranced and hypnotized by TV as well. Why aren't we looking more deeply at the kinds of messages put out by programs, infomercials and television advertising? Television has changed our society (and other societies in the world) in monumental ways -not always for the good. Heck, movies, music, and fashion have changed the world's societies in monumental ways - and that was even before the internet. People are easily distracted and easily "modified" by many things - the internet is just one example.

What drew me to reading the OP? Partial boredom, but also, I respect you as a consistent poster of interesting material. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I respect it.
I wanted to see what you had posted.

And with that, I am going to get off the "evil" internet, to go interact with my family this holiday week.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

DestroyDestroyDestroy
Yet, by your own words, 666 could just as easily be VVV, which would affirm the fact that we have no way of knowing.

No way of knowing what? 666 stands for both WWW and VVV. In the absence of a huge, world-spanning, consciousness revolutionizing, buying-and-selling-operating, handheld-device and forhead-device presenting function called VVV, the obvious choice falls on WWW.

There are probably a trillion different things the internet could have been called, but 666 was chosen. Why? And if the Book of Revelations is bunk, then was 666 chosen by people who would like to bring about something akin to the prophecy? Was it deliberately chosen? Or is it a crazy coincidence?

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

kaylaluv
Why aren't we looking more deeply at the kinds of messages put out by programs, infomercials and television advertising? Television has changed our society (and other societies in the world) in monumental ways -not always for the good. Heck, movies, music, and fashion have changed the world's societies in monumental ways -

Because TV, Computer and Internet are...in this year of 2013, synonymous. I watch all of my TV on the Internet since 2009. To me, TV is just a predecessor of Internet.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Maybe you'll find this interesting

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Hellas

Maybe you'll find this interesting

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Wow...a post that actually adds to the topic

Yes, its extraordinarily interesting. A tattoo actually comes much closer to the idea of it being a "permanent" connection to the Internet.

And guess who is involved again...Google.

I added your thread to the "related issues" post on page 1.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

AliceBleachWhite

Everyone that subscribes to that mythology will finally get to get their persecution fetish tickled, and even more so, some of them are supposedly supposed to get happily zapped up into Jesus Rapture Spaceship or something.

Your attempt at being a witty atheist who takes glee at ridiculing Christians and a "jesus raputre spaceship" is quite beside the point of the thread as I am not a Christian, nor is this thread necessarily related to the rapture. It is instead a non-denominational critique of the internet coupled with the mysticism of Gematria and Prophecy.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
This 666 crap is what people get for letting the bible rot their brain.

Ranb

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
search for "fitbit"

think obamacare...

can't buy or sell unless you do your daily exercise...

connects to smartphone...

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

OP, you are aware that not everyone in the world is Jewish? Just because the number 6 is represented by a w in one language, doesn't mean that it has the same meaning in the hundreds of other languages.
If your theory was true, you'd fear the number 4, because in Japanese [and Chinese] it means 'death', but you don't fear the number 4 do you?
That is because in your language it doesn't mean anything. Same with your hebrew madness.
edit on 27-12-2013 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join